In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 2,097)

Showing posts 41,921 - 41,940 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

gamule wrote:
<quoted text>what makes this country great is that people can believe in what they want to believe in.Only time will tell the truth
Time is already telling the truth.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Thinking wrote:
Looks like you've got yourself the worst sort of admirer!
<quoted text>
Been that way for a long time, but he always chooses me to pour out his hatred on with whatever name he's using at the moment.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is stupid, you keep asking and you keep getting told that the UK is a monarchy every single time you ask. My guess is that you have found something you are correct about and so you have become fixated on a good thing.
Not only does he become fixated on the few correct things he posts, but he lives in the past. He argues about things that happened 75 years ago and can't let go of them.

The reason he can't talk about things in today's world is that he is here 24/7 posting about the past.
SupaAFC

Shotts, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit?
Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?
My position has been yes, always.
No buts...
Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?
Have you stopped raping children, yes or no?

We can play with loaded questions all day. You know full well how your question is loaded, and that is why you ran away like a little wuss last week hoping I would disappear if you ignored my explanation.

Why do you say "actions speak louder than words" in another thread then effectively demand that we take words more literally than actions in this one? Can you explain this?
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

How are you, and your son? Been a while. Hope all is all it can be.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Been that way for a long time, but he always chooses me to pour out his hatred on with whatever name he's using at the moment.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Hey, don't forget, we're a christian theocracy too.

Albeit one where nearly no one goes to church and Tony Blair was made to drop god references from his speeches in order to look less mental.
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
We can play with loaded questions all day. You know full well how your question is loaded, and that is why you ran away like a little wuss last week hoping I would disappear if you ignored my explanation.
Why do you say "actions speak louder than words" in another thread then effectively demand that we take words more literally than actions in this one? Can you explain this?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Not only does he become fixated on the few correct things he posts, but he lives in the past. He argues about things that happened 75 years ago and can't let go of them.
Not the one who keeps bringing up the past, NymHO, and not the one who insists the Brits invented the airplane, not the one who claims the UK is a democracy, not the one who insists the English army had just won the war.

No one is making you stalk me here, HOney.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help you don't know what a loaded question is, SuperFag.

I've already responded to the question: Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?

NO.

Your turn.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Define democracy.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the one who keeps bringing up the past, NymHO, and not the one who insists the Brits invented the airplane, not the one who claims the UK is a democracy, not the one who insists the English army had just won the war.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant one!
How about that there rugby match?
I don't think Scotland didn't put enough tackles in and neither did they make it count when they had their share of the play.

Then there was that giveaway try.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Thinking wrote:
How are you, and your son? Been a while. Hope all is all it can be.
<quoted text>
I'm great. My son is still learning to cope and his sense of humor makes it easier. He still has some surgeries to go but he's doing better than most in his situation. Thanks for asking.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay chubby HOboy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

To each and every one of you on this thread:

Happy Thanksgiving. Take care while you're driving to Grandma's house or wherever you go. Enjoy your day, your family and your friends.

This does not exclude anyone. Some things are just for 'Happy'.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I understand it's a long work in progress, but thanks for letting me know. Very best wishes.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I'm great. My son is still learning to cope and his sense of humor makes it easier. He still has some surgeries to go but he's doing better than most in his situation. Thanks for asking.
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never turned a profit.
Got in the air and stayed in the air with French and British government funding. If it were a commercial success, there'd be Concordes everywhere you see... 707s,737s, 757s, and 787s.
Boeing are dying, its all airbus now
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
An old version of.... tennis, did you say?
So when I said MODERN tennis is British, just like soccer and golf, rugby, cricket, hockey, rounders, snooker, crouqet, and most other sports, as the very concept of modern sport was a British creation, and you said it was modern tennis is French, you were again wrong, again, again

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Boeing are dying, its all airbus now
I used to dread flying on a "Deathbus" ... they were falling out of the sky faster than Comets!!
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to dread flying on a "Deathbus" ... they were falling out of the sky faster than Comets!!
I never really thought about that, but now you say it, there have been a lot of airbus crashes, I think it was a air France airbus that crashed near Brazil recently

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help you don't know what a loaded question is, SuperFag.
I've already responded to the question: Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?
NO.
Your turn.
Okay. Now I'm confused. So now you're saying the UK is NOT a monarchy?!?!? Do you have Multiple Personality Disorder? Is this Barefoot2625 or Barefoot2627 expressing himself? How many Barefoot's are there anyway? Thousands? Is 2626 like, your serial number or something? You know, technically speaking. I was kind of going for the "Constitutional Monarchy" thing, but now this ... your "NO", being capitalized and all, seems rather emphatic ... that is to say, unequivocal. You got to keep it simple for us Boobies. BTW are you comparing me to female mammary glands or the clumsy-on-ground-graceful-in-a ir seabird of the same name?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really thought about that, but now you say it, there have been a lot of airbus crashes, I think it was a air France airbus that crashed near Brazil recently
I think they're still having some software issues in their Fly-by-wire, if you know what I mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41,921 - 41,940 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Richardfs 223,976
How anti-atheist stigma affects the mental heal... 3 hr NightSerf 1
A Really Good Thing 4 hr NightSerf 1
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr NightSerf 150
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 4 hr Richardfs 2
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Richardfs 830
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Mikko 21,376
•••
•••