In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,713

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#43480 Nov 21, 2012
To each and every one of you on this thread:

Happy Thanksgiving. Take care while you're driving to Grandma's house or wherever you go. Enjoy your day, your family and your friends.

This does not exclude anyone. Some things are just for 'Happy'.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43481 Nov 21, 2012
I understand it's a long work in progress, but thanks for letting me know. Very best wishes.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I'm great. My son is still learning to cope and his sense of humor makes it easier. He still has some surgeries to go but he's doing better than most in his situation. Thanks for asking.
Anonymous

UK

#43482 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never turned a profit.
Got in the air and stayed in the air with French and British government funding. If it were a commercial success, there'd be Concordes everywhere you see... 707s,737s, 757s, and 787s.
Boeing are dying, its all airbus now
Anonymous

UK

#43483 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
An old version of.... tennis, did you say?
So when I said MODERN tennis is British, just like soccer and golf, rugby, cricket, hockey, rounders, snooker, crouqet, and most other sports, as the very concept of modern sport was a British creation, and you said it was modern tennis is French, you were again wrong, again, again

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#43484 Nov 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to dread flying on a "Deathbus" ... they were falling out of the sky faster than Comets!!
Anonymous

UK

#43485 Nov 21, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to dread flying on a "Deathbus" ... they were falling out of the sky faster than Comets!!
I never really thought about that, but now you say it, there have been a lot of airbus crashes, I think it was a air France airbus that crashed near Brazil recently

Texas, USA

#43486 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help you don't know what a loaded question is, SuperFag.
I've already responded to the question: Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?
NO.
Your turn.
Okay. Now I'm confused. So now you're saying the UK is NOT a monarchy?!?!? Do you have Multiple Personality Disorder? Is this Barefoot2625 or Barefoot2627 expressing himself? How many Barefoot's are there anyway? Thousands? Is 2626 like, your serial number or something? You know, technically speaking. I was kind of going for the "Constitutional Monarchy" thing, but now this ... your "NO", being capitalized and all, seems rather emphatic ... that is to say, unequivocal. You got to keep it simple for us Boobies. BTW are you comparing me to female mammary glands or the clumsy-on-ground-graceful-in-a ir seabird of the same name?

Texas, USA

#43487 Nov 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really thought about that, but now you say it, there have been a lot of airbus crashes, I think it was a air France airbus that crashed near Brazil recently
I think they're still having some software issues in their Fly-by-wire, if you know what I mean.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43488 Nov 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away, troll.

"United Airlines and US plane manufacturer Boeing have announced a "historic" order for 150 Boeing 737s Thursday in a deal worth up to $14.7bn (£9.5bn).

The order was announced in Chicago, corporate home for both companies, and is a major victory for the US firm against arch-rival Airbus.

United has ordered 100 of the new Boeing 737 Max 9 planes and 50 Boeing 737-900ER aircraft and taken an undisclosed number of options for additional aircraft.

Boeing said the deal meant it had now received more than 10,000 orders overall for aircraft from the 737 family making it the "undisputed best-selling jetliner in the world".

Location hidden

#43489 Nov 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
So when I said MODERN tennis is British
The UK is a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

#43490 Nov 21, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Now I'm confused. So now you're saying the UK is NOT a monarchy?!?!?
Keep up your reading lessons, Booby.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#43491 Nov 21, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
To each and every one of you on this thread:
Happy Thanksgiving. Take care while you're driving to Grandma's house or wherever you go. Enjoy your day, your family and your friends.
This does not exclude anyone. Some things are just for 'Happy'.
it was a normal working day here in sweden but thanks anyway

Location hidden

#43492 Nov 21, 2012
RHill wrote:
I was kind of going for the "Constitutional Monarchy" thing, but now this ... your "NO", being capitalized and all, seems rather emphatic
There is no such thing as a democratic monarchy.

Save up and buy a dictionary.

PS: The UK has no Constitution.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#43493 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Hey peeps. Can anyone here help me with a debate I am having in the office.
"Killer" and "Murderer" can sometimes be used as synonyms (e.g. the man's killer/murderer was his wife - both words work)... But they are not always the same thing, am I right?
Murder is unlawful killing of a human by a human. So if there are "lawful" killings, then it means that in some cases a killer and a murderer would not be the same thing?
You are, of course, correct.

Lawful killing cannot be murder.

Thus, in cases of warfare, self-defence, lawful executions, there is definitely a killing, but not a murder.

Indeed, the oft-quoted "Thou shalt not kill" is a mistranslation. The original is "Lo Tirtsach" (not responsible for spelling), which means "Thou shalt not murder" - an entirely different proposition.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#43494 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Scotland didn't put enough tackles in and neither did they make it count when they had their share of the play.
Then there was that giveaway try.
Well, that is what we do best - we can defend. We may not have nearly the offensive power of the All Blacks, but we *know* how to keep the score down. Well played, though. After 50 minutes with the score at 21-3, I thought that the game, for all practical purposes, was over. Somehow you managed to rally, and was the best team on the field for the last 30

#43495 Nov 21, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You are, of course, correct.
Lawful killing cannot be murder.
Thus, in cases of warfare, self-defence, lawful executions, there is definitely a killing, but not a murder.
Indeed, the oft-quoted "Thou shalt not kill" is a mistranslation. The original is "Lo Tirtsach" (not responsible for spelling), which means "Thou shalt not murder" - an entirely different proposition.
Many thanks, my bikini-adoring friend.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#43496 Nov 22, 2012
Sweden is a democracy with a Constitution

#43497 Nov 22, 2012
Mikko wrote:
Sweden is a democracy with a Constitution
And full of busty blondes.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#43498 Nov 22, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
And full of busty blondes.
most of them are fakes ;)
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43499 Nov 22, 2012
737s are naff, though. Ugly little planes.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away, troll.
"United Airlines and US plane manufacturer Boeing have announced a "historic" order for 150 Boeing 737s Thursday in a deal worth up to $14.7bn (£9.5bn).
The order was announced in Chicago, corporate home for both companies, and is a major victory for the US firm against arch-rival Airbus.
United has ordered 100 of the new Boeing 737 Max 9 planes and 50 Boeing 737-900ER aircraft and taken an undisclosed number of options for additional aircraft.
Boeing said the deal meant it had now received more than 10,000 orders overall for aircraft from the 737 family making it the "undisputed best-selling jetliner in the world".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 23 min susanblange 713
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min NoahLovesU 16,592
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Thinking 4,757
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 6,033
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 235,555
Is Religion Childish? 4 hr thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... 13 hr Thinking 1
More from around the web