In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43428 Nov 20, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There is no argument that the UK is a monarchy, clown.
I'm not the one insisting the UK is a democracy, HOney.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#43429 Nov 20, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is like playing cards:
You start off with two hearts and a diamond.
You end up wanting a club and a spade.
Brilliant one!

How about that there rugby match?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43430 Nov 21, 2012
Looks like you've got yourself the worst sort of admirer!
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There is no argument that the UK is a monarchy, clown. You've argued with yourself over that for months because certainly no one else had argued with you over it.
The US is still more religious, though. Hahahahahaha.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43431 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't the first. Who cares when he registered a patent?
Let me know when benches fly, Skanque.
Funny how you can insist that the Wright brothers INVENTED the aeroplane yet they are not acknowledged as being INVENTORS of the aeroplane anywhere outside the US media hype, their patent makes no such claim, they themselves made no such claim.

Yet you deny documented facts that are accepted even in the US. How strange.

Let be know when you stop spouting syphilitic BS. I suggest you go to your local SDI clinic, I am told that antibiotics can be particularly effective. True they can’t repair the brain damage already done but they will prevent more damage occurring.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sun rises in the east, sets in the west.
Wright Brothers invented the airplane.
I am not your husband, you fat hog, I get to say you are wrong.
Yes we know, we have already agreed that, the disagreement is who gets the sun first, the UK which is in the east of the US, or the US which is a few hours later

How many times must you be asked to educate yourself and look up the definition or INVENTED

That is one thing we can be thankful for you obese T\/\/AT and you are welcome to say whatever you like and rant and rave and stamp you feet in frustration, that of course does not mean what you say is correct or even remotely accurate
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
In boom years.
Tell us: did you skip over the part which described how the plane got into the air and how the "profits" came before they paid back the government's cut?
"Why is Concorde being retired?
It is all down to cost: the Airlines are not making back the money spent on the safety modifications and other upgrades. With some other big costs coming up (tens of millions, before any life extension programme), BA need to write off £84M now, rather than £150M in 3 or 4 years. Air France will write off a large sum of money too. "
Nope if you rack your syphilitic addled brain and try to remember that I did actually mention the development costs and the benefit the Britain, France and eventually Europe as a whole.

Forget the cherry picking that you think you excel at, I will repeat the facts

“British Airways reportedly received £1.75 Billion in revenue for Concorde services against an operating cost of around £1 Billion. Air France made a much smaller profit”

FYI, that’s three quarters of a billion gross profit

Yes things have moved on and it is no longer cost effective after 27 years in commercial service
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one claiming someone who flew a toy invented the airplane.
I'm the one who claims that a man got that got something off the ground that he could control invented the airplane.
You denial is purely jingoistic: note your long list of other (ridiculous) claims.
There you go again,“FLEW”. You wrote it, read it and weep.

#43432 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
All taxpayers in the UK (and France)paid for the Concorde flights whether or not they ever sat in the seat.
Wrong, again

Hey every one barfy butt face is wrong again, are we surprised?

UK and French taxpayers paid for the “development” of Concorde that helped to bind Europe in to what it is today. Many people think is was money well spent but I can understand how a yank can get the huff that Europe is bigger than the US with more land mass and more than twice the population. You will also notice that European currency € has remained particularly strong against the dollar by an average of 20% stronger than 10 years ago and particularly strong at over 35% just after the US bankers caused the world economic meltdown.

Concorde passengers paid for their flights and created an operating profit for two commercial concerns. After all they are commercial concerns and like commercial concerns everywhere would drop a hot potato like something hot, particularly if Concorde made the losses that US media back stabbing rants about.

#43433 Nov 21, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Looking at the way the US funds their military suppliers you've also funded my civilian Boeing flights. Cheers!
<quoted text>
They have funded me too
gamule

Dawsonville, GA

#43434 Nov 21, 2012
Mike N wrote:
Of course they are. Because believers are a danger to them. Believers do unspeakable things to those who don't think like them. Its bad enough that some humans are unkind to others but its worse when those humans use dark age mythology to justify it. Hopefully one day religion will cease in this world and people will operate on logic. That alone will change the world for the better.
what makes this country great is that people can believe in what they want to believe in.Only time will tell the truth
SupaAFC

Pitlochry, UK

#43435 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like when I say the UK is a monarchy, I am only technically correct based on actual facts.
Thank you for finally admitting that this is nothing but a technicality.

#43436 Nov 21, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The Concorde was a flop the same way the shuttle was for us.
It was not economically viable as planned.
It never turned a profit , and was a prestige symbol more than anything. It was however the most awesome public transportation
ever assembled.
http://www.concordesst.com/retire/faq_r.html

British Airways reportedly received £1.75 Billion in revenue for Concorde services against an operating cost of around £1 Billion. Air France made a much smaller profit.

I.E. It made an operating profit.

Yes it was a symbol and it did what is was designed to do, fly commercial air routes at more than (twice) the speed of sound, it did that successfully for 27 years.

However overall, including development cost it was a lost leader with huge ancillary benefits. It was a building block for European co-operation and helped build Europe you see today, those benefits of that are invaluable.

#43437 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The shuttle wasn't a flop, moron.
Have you heard of the Hubble?
The Concorde was to governments interfering in a commercial enterprise that ended up FAILING.
You really are thick aren’t you?

It’s not just your syphilis screwing with you brain, or you obesity slowing you down, you actually are stupid aren’t you?

#43438 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The shuttle was NEVER planned to be "economically viable" commercial product- it was designed to be a multiple use space vehicle. There were 135 flights and if you look up in the sky a a dark night, you can see the space station that was built using shuttle.
The Concorde was funded by the governments of UK and France for the express purpose of making money.
It failed.
Wrong, again

Hey look everyone, he’s done it again.

Concorde was produced to aid Anglo French co-operation, and it was completely successful

As a by product it produced an operating profit for two commercial companies.

Go suck a lemon

#43439 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same nonsense ad nauseum doesn't make true.
Project much?

#43441 Nov 21, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Show us where she said 'football'. Go ahead. Post the link to that post of hers.
Oh he can’t do that, because it does not exist and he would not want to make himself look so obviously liar

#43442 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the thread, HOney.
So you can’t prove it then, fair enough, does not really matter we all already know how you lie

#43443 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the UK an monarchy, yes or no?
Of course it is stupid, you keep asking and you keep getting told that the UK is a monarchy – every single time you ask. My guess is that you have found something you are correct about and so you have become fixated on a good thing.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#43444 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
U.S. Gave at Least $5.3 Billion Illegal Aid to Boeing

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-31/boei...
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43445 Nov 21, 2012
And I'm not saying you couldn't place similar allegations at Airbus' feet.

But yes, Boeing's been doing this for decades.
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. Gave at Least $5.3 Billion Illegal Aid to Boeing
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-31/boei...

Location hidden

#43446 Nov 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you can insist that the Wright brothers INVENTED
Sun / east, UK/Monarchy, Wright Bros/ airplane

Location hidden

#43447 Nov 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.concordesst.com/retire/faq_r.html

British Airways reportedly received £1.75 Billion in revenue
Nice to have the government build your plane for you and have taxpayers pay for the gas, eh?

Location hidden

#43448 Nov 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Yes it was a symbol and it did what is was designed to do, fly commercial air routes at more than (twice) the speed of sound, it did that successfully for 27 years.
And having the taxpayers pick up the bill so the wealthy could fly, yes, if you have money, you can have a jet fly three times the speed of sound, but better is: have the taxpayers pay for for you.

And you don't have to give a rat's azz about the people who had to put up with the noise or a the pollution it dumped into the atmosphere either, after all, it was windy and the pollution would just blow around, eh?

Concorde was not successful commercially, no matter how hard you stomp your hooves, Chubby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Gordon 227,630
Our world came from nothing? 21 min Patrick 477
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 35 min Lawrence Wolf 106
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 37 min Patrick 22,258
Here's a place for Patrick's off-topic articles 1 hr NightSerf 1
Glorify God, our Heavenly Father 1 hr Son of God 1
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr NightSerf 66
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE