In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,713

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43358 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
You're very parochial.
US law definitions don't apply over here.
<quoted text>
English language does.

Odd that someone in a country with 60 million would declare the rest of the world (e.g., population 310 million here) parochial.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43359 Nov 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd that bench fly, Skanque?
PS:'The first patent for using a gas turbine to power an aircraft was filed in 1921 by Frenchman Maxime Guillaume.'
More barfy butt face BS, you rely do make yourself look stupid

I was not talking about Maxime Guillaume, I stated fact that Frank Whittle registered the patent in 1930 and had the first successful bench test April 1937. I also mentioned that Ohain and Whittle are jointly accredited with inventing the Jet engine

These are documented facts, not made up BS about inventions that already existed and they wong be changed because you have a tantrum

Look up the meaning of the word INVENTION
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you have been saying, you fat lying Skanque.
You have been saying someone flying a toy was the inventor the airplane.
Now pull up your panties and move along.
Yes it is, you fat syphilis T\/\/AT, you pox affecting you memory
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
But we know that, proved dozens of times.
How can I be a liar when it has been proven again and again?

Look up the meaning of the word INVENTION
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe your chin, then, Skanque.
No need, I’m not close enough to your drippydick
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Wright Brothers invented the airplane.
You have been decrying for months. You open your mouth; out pours spooge coated lies. I prove you wrong. And you roll on the floor kicking your fat lies.
Toys aren't airplanes, Chubby.
You "proved" that Pearse flew an airplane before the Wright Brothers... and I provided a quote from Pearse himself where he said he didn't fly before 1904.
A toy model isn't an airplane, Skanque, no matter how hard you stomp.
Wrong, there paten makes no claim to inventing the plane, the only thing that makes that claim is nationalistic liars like you.
Wrong, this subject has only been going here for a few days, I guess you syphilis is distorting your concept of time.
Wrong again fatso, it says so on the box.
Wrong again fatso, I offered a link that made a suggestion that upset you.
I don’t need to stomp, engineers agree with me, it’s not the size that matters. I don’t really care about the opinion of an obese syphilitic moron wuth a prro memory and a penchant for contradicting facts

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43360 Nov 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never turned a profit.
Got in the air and stayed in the air with French and British government funding. If it were a commercial success, there'd be Concordes everywhere you see... 707s,737s, 757s, and 787s.
Read the facts and weep

http://www.concordesst.com/retire/faq_r.html

On average Concorde made and operating profit of £30-50 Million a year for British Airways in the boom years where many passengers were travelling first class. British Airways reportedly received £1.75 Billion in revenue for Concorde services against an operating cost of around £1 Billion. Air France made a much smaller profit.

Location hidden

#43361 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
And I got to use it.
So you are a parasite.

However: the fact remains the Concorde was not a commercial success.

Location hidden

#43362 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
More barfy butt face BS, you rely do make yourself look stupid
I was not talking about Maxime Guillaume, I stated fact that Frank Whittle registered the patent in 1930
He wasn't the first. Who cares when he registered a patent?

Let me know when benches fly, Skanque.

Location hidden

#43363 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
How can I be a liar when it has been proven again and again?
Sun rises in the east, sets in the west.
Wright Brothers invented the airplane.
I am not your husband, you fat hog, I get to say you are wrong.

Location hidden

#43364 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

... On average Concorde made and operating profit of £30-50 Million a year for British Airways in the boom years
In boom years.

Tell us: did you skip over the part which described how the plane got into the air and how the "profits" came before they paid back the government's cut?

"Why is Concorde being retired?

It is all down to cost: the Airlines are not making back the money spent on the safety modifications and other upgrades. With some other big costs coming up (tens of millions, before any life extension programme), BA need to write off £84M now, rather than £150M in 3 or 4 years. Air France will write off a large sum of money too. "

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#43365 Nov 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am responsible for what I say, not for what you make up when I prove you wrong and help you look silly.
and you are wrong about the king of sweden every time

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#43366 Nov 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where the word "tennis" came from, and where and when rackets where first used.
Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English tenetz, ten ( e ) ys < Anglo-French: take!, imperative plural of tenir to hold, take, receive, apparently used as a server's call

"Tennis is originally an English racquet sport played on a rectangular court, from the beginning, and later outdoors indoors. The gameplay, which are separated by a net, can be one on one (single) or two against two (double), The game was invented in 1873 by British Major Walter Clopton Wingfield (1833-1912) with the ancient racquet sport of real tennis as a model."
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43367 Nov 20, 2012
From the first line of the Wikipedia definition:

"Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter)."

Murder is premeditated. End of. I don't give a sh!t what your shyster lawyers say.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
English language does.
Odd that someone in a country with 60 million would declare the rest of the world (e.g., population 310 million here) parochial.

Location hidden

#43368 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Wrong, there paten makes no claim to inventing the plane, the only thing that makes that claim is nationalistic liars like you
I'm not the one claiming someone who flew a toy invented the airplane.

I'm the one who claims that a man got that got something off the ground that he could control invented the airplane.

You denial is purely jingoistic: note your long list of other (ridiculous) claims.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43369 Nov 20, 2012
No, I am a taxpayer.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a parasite.
However: the fact remains the Concorde was not a commercial success.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43370 Nov 20, 2012
Wrong, and they didn't have the US patent either (which you seem to find important).

I'm not denying they rightly(!) claim the first successful powered flight, but you really need to get your facts right.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sun rises in the east, sets in the west.
Wright Brothers invented the airplane.
I am not your husband, you fat hog, I get to say you are wrong.

Location hidden

#43371 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
From the first line of the Wikipedia definition:
"Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought,
I read past the first line and don't use WIKI as a primary source.

Premeditated murder is one kind of murder, if there were not other kinds of murder, then word "premeditated" would not be needed to describe what kind of murder it is.

mur·der [mur-der]
noun
Law . the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

Location hidden

#43372 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Wrong, and they didn't have the US patent either (which you seem to find important).
The Wright Brothers invented the airplane.

They had a host of patents.

Patents do mark a date as to define what came first when disputes arise, e.g., Skanque insisted (and brought up the patent) Whittle invented the jet engine. I (et al.) dismissed this, specifically, the first patent was not Whittle's.

Location hidden

#43373 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
No, I am a taxpayer.
<quoted text>
All taxpayers in the UK (and France)paid for the Concorde flights whether or not they ever sat in the seat.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43374 Nov 20, 2012
Why do you keep quoting US law, you muppet? I was talking about the real definition.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read past the first line and don't use WIKI as a primary source.
Premeditated murder is one kind of murder, if there were not other kinds of murder, then word "premeditated" would not be needed to describe what kind of murder it is.
mur·der [mur-der]
noun
Law . the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43375 Nov 20, 2012
Looking at the way the US funds their military suppliers you've also funded my civilian Boeing flights. Cheers!
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
All taxpayers in the UK (and France)paid for the Concorde flights whether or not they ever sat in the seat.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43376 Nov 20, 2012
Safety upgrades caused by POS Continental DC-10 engineering, eventually found guilty in 2010.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
In boom years.
Tell us: did you skip over the part which described how the plane got into the air and how the "profits" came before they paid back the government's cut?
"Why is Concorde being retired?
It is all down to cost: the Airlines are not making back the money spent on the safety modifications and other upgrades. With some other big costs coming up (tens of millions, before any life extension programme), BA need to write off £84M now, rather than £150M in 3 or 4 years. Air France will write off a large sum of money too. "

Location hidden

#43377 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Why do you keep quoting US law, you muppet? I was talking about the real definition.
<quoted text>
How parochial of you to insist on the British legal definition, spooge breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Dogen 16,591
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 12 min Thinking 4,757
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 24 min Thinking 6,033
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 235,555
The Consequences of Atheism 3 hr thetruth 712
Is Religion Childish? 4 hr thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... 12 hr Thinking 1
More from around the web