In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43340 Nov 20, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
"Killer" and "Murderer" can sometimes be used as synonyms (e.g. the man's killer/murderer was his wife - both words work)... But they are not always the same thing, am I right?
You and I go for a piece at the same time, your shot goes wide, I put one between your eyes.

I am your killer. It isn't murder.

Location hidden

#43341 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I understand murderer applies to one who premeditatedly kills a fellow human being
Nope.

Most murders are not premeditated.

English... not your forte.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#43342 Nov 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
French = 12th century
The Origins of Tennis - History of Tennis
"The History of tennis game was developed from a 12th century French handball game called "Paume" (palm). In this game the ball was struck with the hand. After some time "Paume" game produced handball "Jeu de Paume" (game of the palm) and there were used racquets. The game was first created by European monks for entertainment roles during ceremonial occasions. At first, the ball was hit with hands. Later, the leather glove came into existence. This leather glove was replaced with an adaptive handle for effective hitting and serving of the ball. That was a birth of tennis racquet."
french played with their hands and was the old version of tennis
the modern tennis was first played between 1859 and 1865 (Birmingham, England)

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#43343 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
More barfy butt face bollocks
You have nothing real so need to make BS up
he thinks that the king of sweden have power to rule over everyone in sweden when he doesn't.

Location hidden

#43344 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
Commercial flop? 27 years flying? Forget the US media hype.
Never turned a profit.

Got in the air and stayed in the air with French and British government funding. If it were a commercial success, there'd be Concordes everywhere you see... 707s,737s, 757s, and 787s.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43345 Nov 20, 2012
I was lucky enough to fly Concorde in 2003, and on Air Miles to boot! It was a great experience. If only that POS Continental DC-10 hadn't dropped metal over CDG we'd still be able to fly it today. All the airliners today are bloody boring.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Whittle registered the patent in 1930 and had the first successful bench test April 1937. Hans von Ohain’s design first ran in September 1937. However Ohain’s engine was the first to fly in 1939. They are jointly accredited with inventing the Jet engine.
Christian Huelsmeyer was the first to discover the effect of radar in 1904, but radar was invented by three British scientists, Sir Robert Watson-Watt, A F Wilkins and H E Wimperis in 1935. Sir Henry Tizard put it to use in the War
Commercial flop? 27 years flying? Forget the US media hype. The ongoing benefits of Anglo French co-operation that started with Concorde are immeasurable and far outweigh the development costs. Certainly the BA Concorde’s were operationally profitable. http://www.concordesst.com/retire/faq_r.html

Location hidden

#43346 Nov 20, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
An old version of.... tennis, did you say?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43347 Nov 20, 2012
Murder is premeditated.
Are you getting US law definitions confused with reality?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Most murders are not premeditated.
English... not your forte.

Location hidden

#43348 Nov 20, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
the modern tennis was first played between 1859 and 1865 (Birmingham, England)
Tell us where the word "tennis" came from, and where and when rackets where first used.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#43349 Nov 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I go for a piece at the same time, your shot goes wide, I put one between your eyes.
I am your killer. It isn't murder.
That was my point in the argument, thanks

#43350 Nov 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I understand murderer applies to one who premeditatedly kills a fellow human being
A killer does not necessarily premeditate and nor does it have to be human as either the killer or victim, one can kill for food
So a murderer is always a killer but a killer is not always a murderer
Thanks <3

#43351 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I was lucky enough to fly Concorde in 2003, and on Air Miles to boot! It was a great experience. If only that POS Continental DC-10 hadn't dropped metal over CDG we'd still be able to fly it today. All the airliners today are bloody boring.
<quoted text>
Not when you are sitting next to a pretty little thing and agree to meet her in the toilet...

Location hidden

#43352 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Murder is premeditated.
Are you getting US law definitions confused with reality?
<quoted text>
Murder is a unlawful killing.

Best of luck in your ESL classes!

Location hidden

#43353 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
If only that POS Continental DC-10 hadn't dropped metal over CDG we'd still be able to fly it today.
<quoted text>
As long as it got government funding.

Not surprising- it was a toy for the rich and the middle class paid for it.

Location hidden

#43354 Nov 20, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
he thinks that the king of sweden have power to rule over everyone in sweden when he doesn't.
I am responsible for what I say, not for what you make up when I prove you wrong and help you look silly.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43355 Nov 20, 2012
You're very parochial.
US law definitions don't apply over here.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is a unlawful killing.
Best of luck in your ESL classes!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43356 Nov 20, 2012
And I got to use it. What have we got today? Plastic spastic 787 yawnatrons.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it got government funding.
Not surprising- it was a toy for the rich and the middle class paid for it.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43357 Nov 20, 2012
707?

The last time I saw a 707 was on Airplane!, grandad.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never turned a profit.
Got in the air and stayed in the air with French and British government funding. If it were a commercial success, there'd be Concordes everywhere you see... 707s,737s, 757s, and 787s.

Location hidden

#43358 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
You're very parochial.
US law definitions don't apply over here.
<quoted text>
English language does.

Odd that someone in a country with 60 million would declare the rest of the world (e.g., population 310 million here) parochial.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43359 Nov 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd that bench fly, Skanque?
PS:'The first patent for using a gas turbine to power an aircraft was filed in 1921 by Frenchman Maxime Guillaume.'
More barfy butt face BS, you rely do make yourself look stupid

I was not talking about Maxime Guillaume, I stated fact that Frank Whittle registered the patent in 1930 and had the first successful bench test April 1937. I also mentioned that Ohain and Whittle are jointly accredited with inventing the Jet engine

These are documented facts, not made up BS about inventions that already existed and they wong be changed because you have a tantrum

Look up the meaning of the word INVENTION
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you have been saying, you fat lying Skanque.
You have been saying someone flying a toy was the inventor the airplane.
Now pull up your panties and move along.
Yes it is, you fat syphilis T\/\/AT, you pox affecting you memory
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
But we know that, proved dozens of times.
How can I be a liar when it has been proven again and again?

Look up the meaning of the word INVENTION
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe your chin, then, Skanque.
No need, I’m not close enough to your drippydick
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Wright Brothers invented the airplane.
You have been decrying for months. You open your mouth; out pours spooge coated lies. I prove you wrong. And you roll on the floor kicking your fat lies.
Toys aren't airplanes, Chubby.
You "proved" that Pearse flew an airplane before the Wright Brothers... and I provided a quote from Pearse himself where he said he didn't fly before 1904.
A toy model isn't an airplane, Skanque, no matter how hard you stomp.
Wrong, there paten makes no claim to inventing the plane, the only thing that makes that claim is nationalistic liars like you.
Wrong, this subject has only been going here for a few days, I guess you syphilis is distorting your concept of time.
Wrong again fatso, it says so on the box.
Wrong again fatso, I offered a link that made a suggestion that upset you.
I don’t need to stomp, engineers agree with me, it’s not the size that matters. I don’t really care about the opinion of an obese syphilitic moron wuth a prro memory and a penchant for contradicting facts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Zog Has-fallen 19,074
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min Eagle 12 7,472
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Uncle Sam 239,410
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 2,218
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 3 hr Insults Are Easier 125
News Richard Dawkins insists he's not an angry athei... 5 hr Thinking 2
John 3:16 6 hr Thinking 2
More from around the web