In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#42963 Nov 12, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Thus, when I answer yes, you jump up and say "ah ha! See? You live in a monarchy!" Literally? Yes. In reality? No.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
TTTH.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#42964 Nov 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
TTTH.
barefoot gives up

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#42965 Nov 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep posting bills that promise to reform the House of Lords that don't come close to passing?
To review:
You do not vote for the members of the larger chamber of the Parliament
You do not vote for the head of state
You do not vote for the prime minister
and you do vote for members of the House of Commons... which can be dismissed by the monarchy.
And it seems all*your* government websites indicate you live in a monarchy.
What point is it you hope to prove?
Still having a mental breakdown after all these months, aren't you? Sheesh, give yourself a break.

Location hidden

#42966 Nov 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Still having a mental breakdown after all these months, aren't you?
Haven't come up with any new material in months?

Maybe you and your alias should take a short vacation to someplace warm.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#42967 Nov 12, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
barefoot gives up
Yah. TTTH is his way of conceding.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#42968 Nov 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be sure, you do not show any symptoms of being over educated. Clearly, you stopped that process in the early 70s.
LOL. For someone who manifests their "education" in what amounts to a child, clipping & pasting out of old magazines, using profanity and insult as if they were actually legitimate tools for adult communication ... clearly ... you've had a few developmental problems of your own. You're careful to hide who and what you are ... Gay, straight, white, black, Muslim, Jew, atheist, agnostic, christian, Hindu, single, married, parent, grandparent ... I dunno. It's clear that you are a jealous, embittered person who shows no signs of being "over educated".

I have found here, in conversation with truly intelligent people, that their education has given them the ability to use facts as media to create something beautiful. They see and interpret the world in unique and interesting ways. They use facts like oils to create interesting paintings or as thread to weave colorful tapestry. They are quick to share their insights in witty and effective communication. I admire and respect these people, deservedly so.

Now you, on the other hand, use facts as blunt weapons, as if they were clubs and stones to pummel and assault. Your education, such as it is, has been wasted on you. The intellectual equivalent of trying to make a purse out of a sow's ear. The poster child for the "How Not to Grow Old" campaign. How sad your teachers would be to see what you've done with their gifts, how you misuse them. That is why I pity you and why I am trying to help you.

You're welcome!

Texas, USA

#42969 Nov 13, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
We're all DOOMED!!!!

Joking.

There's a reason they draw their conclusions based upon data since 1880 ... that's the date we start recording any data with any scientific veracity to it. Let's see ... that gives us a time slice of 133 years out of a 150,000 year cycle. So we got solid data describing about 0.08% of the cycle and we're trying to make guesses about the future from it. Brave ... you got to hand 'em that.

Even if, we are, as a species, causing, contributing, aiding or abetting the destruction of the climate it is far too soon to posit run-a-way greenhouse effects where we all die or new ice ages where we all die. New taxes, where all us CO2 exhaling humans must pay some governmental body for the privilege ... sounds kind of Orwellian or draconian or something.

As atheists and Free Thinkers, we already march to a different drummer. I'm afraid that I extend that skepticism into virtually everything I hear and every band wagon that rolls by. Besides, my primary point is that the damage we do will be self-limited and self-healing. The Earth has UNDENIABLY recovered from CO2 peaks, greater than we are likely to produce, in the past. We WILL RUN OUT of fossil fuels sooner or later. Besides, I can't afford any more taxes. Do you really think Al Gore is capable of generating a solution to ANY kind of problem? Can any politician? Are they not all ultimately only self-serving? I see no indication to the contrary.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#42970 Nov 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny.
You never seem to come up with the list.
You say "done it" and "it's posted" but funny how you can't find the list... now.
You have seen my evidence once and stamped you feet that it did not apply to the Usm that is not my problem, it is simply your ignorance.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, Chubby, I said and meant 'stone', and as we know: your spelling isn't anything something you can brag about.
OK, just a thought given your perversions and guesswork.

I was not compiling about your spelling but what appeared to be a reverse Freudian slip

FYI, I weigh 128 lbs in your language. It’s you yanks who are known for obesity but you are welcome to guess if it makes you feel better
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Find any new stories about battleships going missing in 1938 or 39?
Not interested, they don’t need to go missing, some can be built. facts are facts.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where you show everyone that I said I 'has'[SIC] seen it.
Well, Fatty? the other day is only a couple pages away.
Imagine your triumph! I would have to apologize!
SHOW US ALL THE LINK!
You know I won't let you go until you do.
So go look if you can’t remember, I know you senility is a little debilitating but that’s just tough. Oh good, something else to help you go into meltdown… again

So funny that that you can remember when you wrote it but you can’t remember writing it – how very strange

And remember you have NEVER apologised for being wrong although on several accessions you have been proven wrong however you are not one to let facts get in the way of always assuming you are right – right?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, butt face?
That’s was I said, it was a question directed at you, sorry you are too dim to recognise it after all it was addressed to you
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Now let's see where I said I saw that movie.
I know you will have to skip over the half dozen times I said I hadn't seen the movie.
Yep.
Tell you what, when you show me where I mentioned the U505 I will show you where you lied.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#42971 Nov 13, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We're all DOOMED!!!!
Joking.
There's a reason they draw their conclusions based upon data since 1880 ... that's the date we start recording any data with any scientific veracity to it. Let's see ... that gives us a time slice of 133 years out of a 150,000 year cycle. So we got solid data describing about 0.08% of the cycle and we're trying to make guesses about the future from it. Brave ... you got to hand 'em that.
Even if, we are, as a species, causing, contributing, aiding or abetting the destruction of the climate it is far too soon to posit run-a-way greenhouse effects where we all die or new ice ages where we all die. New taxes, where all us CO2 exhaling humans must pay some governmental body for the privilege ... sounds kind of Orwellian or draconian or something.
As atheists and Free Thinkers, we already march to a different drummer. I'm afraid that I extend that skepticism into virtually everything I hear and every band wagon that rolls by. Besides, my primary point is that the damage we do will be self-limited and self-healing. The Earth has UNDENIABLY recovered from CO2 peaks, greater than we are likely to produce, in the past. We WILL RUN OUT of fossil fuels sooner or later. Besides, I can't afford any more taxes. Do you really think Al Gore is capable of generating a solution to ANY kind of problem? Can any politician? Are they not all ultimately only self-serving? I see no indication to the contrary.
It has nothing to do with Al Gore or taxes.
I consider it a extinction problem, it doesn't matter to me what POS politicians say.

Texas, USA

#42972 Nov 13, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with Al Gore or taxes.
I consider it a extinction problem, it doesn't matter to me what POS politicians say.
We either adapt to cope with the environment or we adapt the environment to suit us. If we do indeed poison ourselves then the Earth will rejoice our extinction. Maybe the next dominant species will treat her more gently.
Lacey

UK

#42973 Nov 13, 2012
Can u beleive this muslim church priest is this foookking real. http://adf.ly/EfbCH

Location hidden

#42974 Nov 13, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah. TTTH is his way of conceding.
TTTH is my way of saying STFU.

Location hidden

#42975 Nov 13, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. For someone who manifests their "education" in what amounts to a child, clipping & pasting out of old magazines...
Things that happen in the 1930's tend to be reported in old magazines, Booby.

I know you never go beyond Wikipedia...

Location hidden

#42976 Nov 13, 2012
RHill wrote:
.You're careful to hide who and what you are ... Gay, straight, white, black, Muslim, Jew, atheist, agnostic, christian, Hindu, single, married, parent, grandparent ..
And you are not afraid to show your ignorance.

Why I don't have much difficulty when you try to contradict anything I have to say.

I, for example, am of the opinion that the USA had a more important impact of what happened in WWII then you, apparently. I know that if the USA hadn't got involved, the UK would have gotten it's azz kicked.

Location hidden

#42977 Nov 13, 2012
RHill wrote:
I have found here, in conversation with truly intelligent people, that their education has given them the ability to use facts as media to create something beautiful..
Right.

Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no, Booby?

Location hidden

#42978 Nov 13, 2012
RHill wrote:
Now you, on the other hand, use facts as blunt weapons, as if they were clubs and stones to pummel and assault..
You mean like I use facts to insist that the UK is a monarchy, Booby?

I wonder that is, Booby... putting aside that the UK is a monarchy?

Like the way I used the fact that the USA captured the German submarine the U505 and gave every opportunity for Packy retract his statement (and a string of insults) insisting that the British had captured the U505?

Tell me Booby, did the USA capture the U505, yes or no?

Or do you want to pretend that that question is a loaded question, too?

Who won the Revolutionary War, Booby?

Location hidden

#42979 Nov 13, 2012
RHill wrote:
.That is why I pity you and why I am trying to help you.
Thing is, Forest Gump, I am smarter than you.

Location hidden

#42980 Nov 13, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have seen my evidence once and stamped you feet that it did not apply to the Usm .
You haven't posted anything to refute the numbers I posted, Chubby.

That's how it works.

You have to prove what you say.

Location hidden

#42981 Nov 13, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
I was not compiling about your spelling but what appeared to be a reverse Freudian slip.
Compiling, Chubby?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#42982 Nov 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't posted anything to refute the numbers I posted, Chubby.
That's how it works.
You have to prove what you say.
Liar your ignorance is beyond understanding

You have even comment on my proof however that simply verifies you won lies.

That’s how it works

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 238,949
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr thetruth 7,220
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 2 hr thetruth 92
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 6 hr NoahLovesU 7,435
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Thu thetruth 29
News .com | What hope is there without God? Wed Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web