In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40557 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The law in the US says that you can commit genocide
You are really getting idiotic.

Location hidden

#40558 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
You also don’t need to remind me that it’s fine for an American to commit genocide just so long as he has at least one million dollars.
Idiotic.

I understand that the UK has shrunk to a second world country that now fits in one time zone but I thought they would have a health care system that would take care of your mental disorder.

Location hidden

#40559 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to remind you that I am not christian and therefore have no cause to lie.
Obviously, telling lies isn't limited to person who call themselves Christian.

Thorazine, darling...

Location hidden

#40560 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
...the president and vice president of the United States are really elected by the votes of only 538 citizens -- the "electors" of the Electoral College...
You just told us that the POTUS was appointed.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Location hidden

#40561 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
..You also don’t have to remind me that your president is appointed by the Electoral College...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Which is it, Skanque?

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#40562 Oct 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have to remind you that there are 15,000 banks and savings and loans in the US and the reason entire governments are failing in your EU is your lax banking regulations.
I do have to remind you that customer's investments are protected because of these regulations; that no custo9mers lost money in their accounts when the banks fail.
And the banks were bought up by neighboring banks.
And that Lehman Brothers was bought by BARCLAYS which as we know was fraudulently manipulating interest rates which helped in the EU banks failure.
BARCLAYS: you remember them?
Your own words which I have linked you back to just to remind you stated 7000

Wrong, the subprime mortgage scandal, as admitted by your OWN government

Not so for investors investments

Lehman Brothers. Honey it makes no difference if a failed company is bought by another company or not, that company still failed. 453 of them in the case of US banks, whether that is 7000 or 15000 makes no difference to the 453 figure.

Just because Barclays bought part of Lehman brothers makes no difference to the fact that Lehman brothers failed because they were unable to sell the toxic debts that they had amassed in the subprime mortgage scandal and its customers lost confidence. Both Barclays and Bank of America declined to purchase the entire company. Barclays purchased a stripped clean “portion” of Lehman.

Location hidden

#40563 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
BTW, just to prove you are clueless councillors are not dog catchers. Dog catchers are employed, not elected.
A colloquialism, Skanque.

English a second language for you, dear?

“Be strong ...”

#40564 Oct 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really getting idiotic.
Idiotic? You moron, read the law

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/109...
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic.
I understand that the UK has shrunk to a second world country that now fits in one time zone but I thought they would have a health care system that would take care of your mental disorder.
Idiotic? When was the UK ever in more than one time zone?

It was not the UK that had its world credit rating cut

We don’t condone genocidal maniacs or need to conform to an amended piece of paper
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, telling lies isn't limited to person who call themselves Christian.
Thorazine, darling...
Don’t white work like that. When you are shown to lie and proven to lie then that makes you a liar, I have shown and proven that you are lying therefore you are a liar, Your projection does not alter that fact
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just told us that the POTUS was appointed.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
Your meltdown is not going to make the Electoral College go away
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Which is it, Skanque?
May I ask when you last voted for a president? Oh no, you didn’t he was appointed by the vote of 538 members of the Electoral College. Rather like some elected MPs are voted to the House of Lords.

“Be strong ...”

#40565 Oct 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A colloquialism, Skanque.
English a second language for you, dear?
Wrong. You really are stupid.

When you learn English get back to me

Do you actually get sexually aroused be being seen as a blithering idiot

Location hidden

#40567 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
You certainly don’t care because it means that you are a pathetic moron with no concept of UK politics
I took you to school, Skanque, but you are learning disabled.

And live in a backwards monarchy with no real say in how your own government works.

Location hidden

#40568 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You really are stupid.
When you learn English get back to me
Do you actually get sexually aroused be being seen as a blithering idiot
You run out of punctuation marks, Skanque?

Colloquialism... sweetie...

Location hidden

#40569 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
It was not the UK that had its world credit rating cut
I guess you don't remember the UK owing us money for fifty years.

Or remember when the pound to dollar was 5 to one.

PS: the UK **HAS** had it's rating cut!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Location hidden

#40570 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Idiotic? When was the UK ever in more than one time zone?
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Second rate education in a second world Christian country.

Location hidden

#40571 Oct 17, 2012
[QUOTE who="ChristineM"
Wrong, the subprime mortgage scandal, as admitted by your OWN government
[/QUOTE]

The USA is not resonsible for the collapse of EU banks, no matter how hard you stomp your fat feet, Skanque.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Location hidden

#40572 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Don’t white work like that. When you are shown to lie
You don't remember telling us that the president was elected and then to prove it: you posted a quote state the president was elected?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

Location hidden

#40573 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
When you are shown to lie and proven to lie then that makes you a liar, I have shown and proven that you are lying therefore you are a liar, Your projection does not alter that fact
You haven't disproved a single thing I have said, Shug.

And you keep running over the things I have proved you to be lying about.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Now explain how you say the POTUS is appointed, and for proof, you post a statement saying the POTUS is elected?
SupaAFC

London, UK

#40574 Oct 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You refute nothing that I have said, SuperFag.
Except, well, everything.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans elect the electors who elect the president: We determine the winner, by election.
Here is a simple question, Barefoot:

Is the Electoral College the president? Yes, or no?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how hard you stomp your feet.
Tell me the last time you have had any say in who runs your government?
May 6th, 2010. The General Election.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: You have added nothing new, as I pointed out.
Translation: I added a clear-cut example that demonstrates royal assent as being nothing more than a ceremonial act.

The Scottish independence referendum is set for 2014, before the Queen has even been asked, which itself is scheduled for November 2013.

Your response was...

*crickets*

And we know why.

“Be strong ...”

#40575 Oct 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I took you to school, Skanque, but you are learning disabled.
And live in a backwards monarchy with no real say in how your own government works.
More lies, you never learn
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You run out of punctuation marks, Skanque?
Colloquialism... sweetie...
Nope I gave them to you…
Aren’t I generous?

When you learn English properly get back to me
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't remember the UK owing us money for fifty years.
Or remember when the pound to dollar was 5 to one.
PS: the UK **HAS** had it's rating cut!
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!
I guess you don’t remember that we paid it back, in full. Nothing wrong with our credit rating

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7069087.s... The results of US bankers swindling the world

Yes I remember you blithering idiot, you have no idea of finance do you?

Yup, Moody’s dropped it in light of the HSBC thing, It’s back to AAA now, you seem to have a problem with that
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
Second rate education in a second world Christian country.
Meltdown all you want, I’m still waiting to your reply, What you don’t have one?– wow, such a surprise
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA is not resonsible for the collapse of EU banks, no matter how hard you stomp your fat feet, Skanque.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Pity you own government doesn’t agree with you or your meltdown, there are tablets for that you know.

P.S. did you forget how to spell responsible or did you just run out of “p”s?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't remember telling us that the president was elected and then to prove it: you posted a quote state the president was elected?
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
Oh my dearest butt breath, of course I remember, I don’t have meds to have problems with. What did I say, 500 and odd people in the Electoral College elect the president for 300 million people. Sounds pretty democratic to me
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't disproved a single thing I have said, Shug.
And you keep running over the things I have proved you to be lying about.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Now explain how you say the POTUS is appointed, and for proof, you post a statement saying the POTUS is elected?
True but just about everything you said is based on delusion to there is no need to disprove it. One thing for sure, you are welcome top your delusions.
Lying about? Like the US bankers causing the world recession, a point that has been acknowledged by your government end you Electoral College appointed president. But for some reason not for a bird brain like you. Wonder why that is?
Like 453 US banks collapsed. NO matter hoe many banks you claim exist it makes no difference to the number that have collapsed.
Like the president being appointed to preside over 300+ million people for you by the vote of just 500 & odd members of that compromise the Electoral College. Is that really democracy or do you live in a dictatorship?

Certainly sounds like a dictatorship compared to the House of Lords where most members are elected by the vote of democratically elected MPs. We give them that right when we elect them.

P.S. did you forget how to spell shrug or did you just run out of “r”s?

“Be strong ...”

#40576 Oct 17, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, well, everything.
<quoted text>
Here is a simple question, Barefoot:
Is the Electoral College the president? Yes, or no?
<quoted text>
May 6th, 2010. The General Election.
<quoted text>
Translation: I added a clear-cut example that demonstrates royal assent as being nothing more than a ceremonial act.
The Scottish independence referendum is set for 2014, before the Queen has even been asked, which itself is scheduled for November 2013.
Your response was...
*crickets*
And we know why.
How will you be voting in the referendum? If I may ask
SupaAFC

London, UK

#40578 Oct 17, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you be voting in the referendum? If I may ask
My vote will be yes simply on the fact that whenever our politicians mess up they will fall on their own swords rather than place the blame on Westminster.

Also,for a small country we punch above our weight; I think we're capable of taking care of our own political issues. If Norway can, why can't we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr Regolith Based Li... 93,406
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 10 hr blacklagoon 3 89
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 15 hr superwilly 6,056
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11