In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
39,081 - 39,100 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not you liar. It is proof that God exists. You are ranting again, proof that God's existence keeps you irritated.
I can tell my comment upset you as I illustrated that God exists, and all with a dumbass comment made by another militant bigoted atheist you buddy up with.
You are losing your battle against Christianity.
Sorry. I don’t understand you idea of proof. Plants growing is not proof that plants grow? Tell us all when this happened.

It is your belief that god exists, it is not proof that god exists. There is a major difference in concepts. Belief and proof

Try a couple of definitions

Proof : Evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Belief : An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

Notice the difference,“EVIDENCE” and “ACCEPTANCE”

Sorry honey, that last time I got upset was when a bunch of bigoted and racist christians tried to kill my children. The time before than was when a bunch of christians tried to kill me and succeeded in maiming my aunt for life.

So sorry yet again, I did not realise it was a battle. I thought it was just down to poor christian education and deliberate ignorance.

The christian congregation is declining, fact. Not only in Europe but in the christian heartland of the USA too

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/how...
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/...

And be very aware that your radical funnymentalist lies are accelerating the trend.

Live with it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not you liar. It is proof that God exists. You are ranting again, proof that God's existence keeps you irritated.
I can tell my comment upset you as I illustrated that God exists, and all with a dumbass comment made by another militant bigoted atheist you buddy up with.
You are losing your battle against Christianity.
I think is very interesting that you believe god makes plants grow and yet the idea that god also came up with childhood leukaemia upsets you to the extent that you actually edit out of the autoquote. It speaks volumes about your deliberate ignorance

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? Most? Wow I really do need to catch up on Americanisms, since when did eight hundred appointed
Parliament, my dear.

How many hundreds of time to I have to mention it?

I'm not talking about dog catchers; I know it, you know it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
Yes I suppose the House of Lords works rather like your presidential position, Electoral College ring any bells?
They are not remotely alike.

The electors are (and here is a word you aren't familiar with): elected.

Most of the members **of your Parliament** are...: APPOINTED.

And the head of state (and the head of the state religion): inherited.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
Yes, that’s the beauty of a monarchy isn’t stability great?
As stable as a dictatorship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
It seems that it does not take much to throw you. Honey butt, you butted into a conversation
Spooge breath: you want to have a private conversation, there is a button at the top of the screen, take it to email.
Don't try to pretend you are aware of the TERMS OF SERVICE that you agree to with every single post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
Why are you so stupid? What constitution?
Exactly, mo-ron.

You have none. You do not have the right to free speech, you do not have a right to free religion, and you silly crack licker: the Queen can dismiss Parliament today, if she is so inclined.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
ean/article-10-freedom-of-expr ession.php
Now you show me your magna carta?
I wipe my azz from a roll of magna carta every morning.

It is more useful to me than it is you, darling: I am a citizen, and you are but a subject of the monarch.

Do her bidding, my dear!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Parliament, my dear.
How many hundreds of time to I have to mention it?
I'm not talking about dog catchers; I know it, you know it.
Elected my dear, just because you are clueless of British politics is not my fault that you want to rant about British politics
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not remotely alike.
The electors are (and here is a word you aren't familiar with): elected.
Most of the members **of your Parliament** are...: APPOINTED.
And the head of state (and the head of the state religion): inherited.
Not alike, as in both are not elected – right

Yes we have spoken about the inheritance of monarchy, such stability is great is it not?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As stable as a dictatorship.
What was that you were saying about inherited?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spooge breath: you want to have a private conversation, there is a button at the top of the screen, take it to email.
Don't try to pretend you are aware of the TERMS OF SERVICE that you agree to with every single post.
You are the one whining and winging just because you got beat, I just said you butted in to a conversation and you seem to have taken a dislike to FACT. Such a shame

I am aware of the TOS, I can say that I am probably one of very few topix members who have actually read them. It says noting about you winging and whining or your meltdowns
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, mo-ron.
You have none. You do not have the right to free speech, you do not have a right to free religion, and you silly crack licker: the Queen can dismiss Parliament today, if she is so inclined.
What an ignorant moron. We don’t want the restrictions a constitution hoiks on the public. Yes we do, as you have been shown but choose to ignore because you are a deliberately ignorant prat. Yes we do as you have been shown but you choose to ignore because you are a deliberately ignorant prat. No she wouldn’t, as you have been shown but you choose to ignore because you are a deliberately ignorant prat.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wipe my azz from a roll of magna carta every morning.
It is more useful to me than it is you, darling: I am a citizen, and you are but a subject of the monarch.
Do her bidding, my dear!
You mean you actually wipe you a$$, that really surprises me. I must be right in calling you butt breath, your stench of unwiped butt is obnoxious. You really need to stop using that cheap magna carta roll, it’s staining your fingers. Maybe you could try using amendments form the constitution

Or perhaps you are a just f*ckingLIAR who can’t handle getting beat

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult has failed, that's why you're here so desperate
It is the NotBots who are desperate.

Hard to imagine how hard they work so obversely to insist everyone should believe (nor not to believe)as they believe.

How so like all other bigots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
I for one would never convert to your brand of mental illness.
Obviously, Septic: you are fully engaged in your own mental illness and don't have room for another.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Funnily enough, other secular democracies (such as Britain, France, Germany etc) have no problem getting round this problem. This may sound crazy, but, they disperse ballot boxes throughout their state instead of allocating one single ballot box for the whole nation to use.
And by the way, Electoral College /= president. You therefore do not vote for the president.
Isn't arguing pedanticly just so much fun, Barefoot?
<quoted text>
Fact of the matter: we don't care.
Look, to further the point here, let's bring back another issue that you dropped after being proven wrong about: Scottish independence.
Here is the BBC report regarding the deal struck today regarding the referendum:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotlan...
"What happens now?":-
"November 2013
Royal Assent is given to the bill
The Scottish government will publish a White Paper - what it calls its "prospectus for independence". Other parties will also put forward their vision for the future of Scotland
Summer 2014
The pro-independence and anti-independence campaigns intensify
Autumn 2014
The Scottish independence referendum takes place"
This is 2012. Royal assent is scheduled for November 2013, and the refendum is written in for 2014.
Already, before the Queen has even been asked, the referendum has been set a date.
Do you know why that is, Barefoot?
Because the Queen does nothing but rubber stamp decisions made by the politicians. Our head of state is a figurehead. Nothing more, nothing less.
<quoted text>
Then Witney does not have an MP.
<quoted text>
You mean, the house that has had its power seriously reduced since at least 1911?
<quoted text>
The independence referendum has been set a date prior to even being given royal assent. Kind of renders your ad nauseum argument meaningless.
<quoted text>
If you seriously think that Parliament would listen to the Queen if she ever did a thing then you are sadly mistaken.
Actions speak louder than words, hypocrite.
Nicely put and a good example that shows how the Queen has no say in this referendum.

Everyone knows she would rather the UK stayed together so if barefoot is right she would dissolve parliament and get this referendum cancelled.

Of course, she can't do any such thing.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You hateful bigot. Atheists don't exist.
Really?

Well, if you say so...

*POOF*

Nope. Didn't work.
SupaAFC

Dunblane, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Elected my dear, just because you are clueless of British politics is not my fault that you want to rant about British politics
Looks like Barefoot has had enough of me and has decided to pretend that our "debate" never happened.

Want to refute Barefoot's ad nauseum non-arguments about British politics? Remind him that the Electoral College, not the American people, vote for the president. Remind him that the Prime Minister, the man he claims is not elected, is an MP for his own constuency. And best of all, refer him to the BBC link I posted (and he has run away from) where it is crystal clear that the referendum for Scottish independence has not only got a date scheduled for royal assent, but also a date to be held a year after!

Barefoot: all fluff, no facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Elected my dear, just because you are clueless of British politics
I'm not the one who had to be reminded that you had two houses, and the larger of your two houses- House of Lords- are APPOINTED.

To review:
Two Houses, the larger is appointed by the monarch, you have absolutely nos say in at at all.

The monarch can dissolve Parliament for any reason whatsoever, you have absolutely no say in it whatsoever.

The lower house: the prime minsiter is appointed by the monarch, you have absolutely no say in it.

The monarch can dismiss the entire thing after tea, if she or he is so enclined.

And no one cares about the dog catcher elections.

PS: I don't need you to confirm facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Want to refute Barefoot's ad nauseum non-arguments about British politics? Remind him that the Electoral College, not the American people, vote for the president.
You refute nothing that I have said, SuperFag.

Americans elect the electors who elect the president: We determine the winner, by election.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

Tell me the last time you have had any say in who runs your government?

PS: You have added nothing new, as I pointed out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
And best of all, refer him to the BBC link I posted (and he has run away from) where it is crystal clear
You keep thinking that the Scottish election has something to do with the thread.

You aren't voting, SuperFag.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Anarchy worked in "America" before the invasion

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put and a good example that shows how the Queen has no say in this referendum.
She doesn't have to have any say in this ADVISORY vote: she will still be the QUEEN OF SCOTLAND!

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And what, prey tell would happen if the monarch - by the time the nuts and bolts of this ADVISORY POLL worked their way around to "independence" (and **if** the UK Parliament agreed)- she or he just said... ummm... no?

Putting aside of course she (or he) will still be the Queen?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
You mean you actually wipe you a$$, that really surprises me.
I don't have you here to lick it clean for me, darling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 224,602
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 47 min CunningLinguist 229
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 257
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr CunningLinguist 28
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••