In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
39,061 - 39,080 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013
Atheist Silurist

Gloucester, UK

#40477 Oct 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you get to sit back and see how God's creation grows with beauty. It's proof that God exists, right in front of you.
Is Botrytis blight proof of gods existence,too?

Since: Mar 11

Hurst, TX

#40478 Oct 15, 2012
God hates shrimp but God loves wisdom teeth.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#40479 Oct 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
huh? Did you read this on a creationist website or something? lol
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40480 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck all your made up religious bullsh*t you cloth headed troll.
Hide And Watch, Closet Creature

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#40481 Oct 15, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hide And Watch, Closet Creature
Youse funny.

Hurst, TX

#40482 Oct 16, 2012
Naw the OT has passages showing that God hates shrimp so much that if you eat one it will stay forever in your stomach because it's such an abomination. God intelligently designed those wisdom teeth. Rabbits that have to eat their own sht to live and other great ideas Lulz!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> huh? Did you read this on a creationist website or something? lol

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#40483 Oct 16, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good you put "elected" in quotes because most of your government isn't elected.
Most are appointed.
And the head of state... inherited.
PS: If the UK enjoys "religious freedom", why do people have to sue to be able to wear a cross to work?
Say what? Most? Wow I really do need to catch up on Americanisms, since when did eight hundred appointed compare to more than 21,000 democratically elected councillors in England alone and 650 democratically elected MPs constitute most? These Americanisms are getting wilder by the moment.

Yes I suppose the House of Lords works rather like your presidential position, Electoral College ring any bells?

Yes, thatís the beauty of a monarchy isnít stability great?

P.S. Because every other person in the UK is responsible for and enjoys religious freedom of others not just the ones you like. You donít seem to have a handle on responsibility do you? Never mind, maybe when you grow up.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... let's see... you RESPONDED DIRECTLY TO MY COMMENT AND AUTOQUOTED FROM ME...
i guess that's what threw me... you responding directly to my comment... lead me to believe you were responding to my comment...
It seems that it does not take much to throw you. Honey butt, you butted into a conversation, the subject of which you are clueless and so you have to rake up old BS in a sad attempt to gain any credibility (LOL) you lost. The evidence is in this thread and I have recently linked to that evidence just to remind you. Seems that once again you have deliberately forgotten. As well as not knowing much about British politics you also donít seem to have a handle on how the internet and public threads work. In both cases you ignorance does not seem to limit your ranting.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHQAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Oh my, I wonder how many heads rolled after running too liberal a tongue?
PS:
(quote)
British citizens are covered by the European Convention on Human Rights which states: "Everyone has the right to freedom of expression."
But it adds that governments can restrict free speech for, among other reasons, in the interests of national security, preserving public safety and for the prevention of disorder or crime.
Another melt down? How many times have I suggested that you get you meds sorted out. You are going to wind up having a seizure.

I donít really know, not something I have looked at, tell me how many native Americans were killed so the ďwhite manĒ could have slaves?

Yes thatís the law. You forgot incitement to racial hatred among sever other clauses. You seem to have a serious problem with responsible laws? I wonder why that is?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The monarch can cancel the ONLY PEOPLE (the minority) of people you do get to vote for.
By tea time.
You care enough to roll around on the floor and stomp your feet for the last one hundred comments or so.
I am sick of you obnoxious ignorant 14th century crap. I have given you a link directly to the queens own take on her powers to ďdismiss parliamentĒ and of course you have ignored it.

Honey Iím here for fun and the fun of watching you in meltdown is great entertainment
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me your constitutional right of free speech.
Why are you so stupid? What constitution? Who need an amended piece of paper telling us what we can do? We have centuries of historical imperative.

http://www.google.co.uk/search...

And of course there is

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-...

Now you show me your magna carta?

#40484 Oct 16, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for that quote you have of me insisting that you have to follow a religion, Skanque, are you going to continue to flap your lips or are you going to prove me wrong.
Where's that quote, hey?
Wait all you want,, Funny this whole time zone thing is not? While you were fretting and stomping up and down busily waiting I was quietly sleeping.

When did I ever insist that you claimed we should follow a religion? As I have said before and you seem to have deliberately ignored. I made a statement about life in the UK.

Just because you are paranoid is not my problem, perhaps itís a problem with your meds though. See your psychiatrist and ask him to pp your olanzapine and just watch how you paranoia falls away.

Oh wow, I just had a thought? Is it quetiapine you are on and not olanzapine. You really do need to see your psychiatrist, and tell him that itís having an adverse effect on your Alzheimer's

#40485 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you get to sit back and see how God's creation grows with beauty. It's proof that God exists, right in front of you.
No itís not, itís proof that plants grow

Just as childhood leukaemia is proof of childhood leukaemia

And pancreatic cancer is proof of pancreatic cancer

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#40486 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
&fe ature=g-all-c

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#40487 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You blithering idiot. Are atheists proof that god isn't real?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#40488 Oct 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Naw the OT has passages showing that God hates shrimp so much that if you eat one it will stay forever in your stomach because it's such an abomination. God intelligently designed those wisdom teeth. Rabbits that have to eat their own sht to live and other great ideas Lulz!
<quoted text>
They must have Beaufort stew and he wanted to hog the shrimp. heheheh

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#40489 Oct 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I can tell you are unemployed and living with your parents in their trailer.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#40490 Oct 16, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You blithering idiot. Are atheists proof that god isn't real?
You hateful bigot. Atheists don't exist.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#40491 Oct 16, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No itís not, itís proof that plants grow
No it's not you liar. It is proof that God exists. You are ranting again, proof that God's existence keeps you irritated.

I can tell my comment upset you as I illustrated that God exists, and all with a dumbass comment made by another militant bigoted atheist you buddy up with.

You are losing your battle against Christianity.

Location hidden

#40492 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult has failed, that's why you're here so desperate to lie and recruit believers. Fact

Location hidden

#40493 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you are unemployed and living with your parents in their trailer.
Who's the hateful one now. I for one would never convert to your brand of mental illness.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#40494 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you are not going to wish us away.

Florence, KY

#40495 Oct 16, 2012
That combined with being grumpy from the wisdom tooth pain lol

God hates Shrimp!

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Eat shrimp burn in hell!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They must have Beaufort stew and he wanted to hog the shrimp. heheheh

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#40496 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
It would all be magic if a god created it out of the vacuum. Cosmic protoplasmic stuff shaped into pleasing forms that upon close inspection would be indecipherable. You cut open a tree ... cosmic protoplasm would come out, you cut open a frog, cosmic protoplasm would come out, you break open a rock, cosmic protoplasm would come out. There would be no question or doubt that everything in the world was created just for us.

We can see that this is not the case. Science reveals that we are part of something much grander than a petty god's creativity. In fact, it's clear that that is the simple explanation and the reality involves processes and energies quite unimaginable to the primitive minds that conceived the Yahweh y'all think we should be sacrificing goats to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Eagle 12 226,338
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 43 min Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 6 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 10 hr Thinking 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••