In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#40437 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spooge breath: public forum. Don't post here thinking you can have a private conversation.
Check TOS.
I didn’t try to post anything private and I expected you to jump. However you butted in and then made specious claims.

I have no problem with that just so long as you realise (as most others do) that your claim was false

#40438 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would cut out 2/3s of your posts.
Pot kettle black.
There you go again, making up more BS because you have no facts to work with.

So I guess it must be 3/3 for you

Pot kettle black.

#40439 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
England & Wales is 80 percent of the population, and if you ever get around to speaking English, UK has a state religion, it is the Church of England.
Here is how it works: Does the UK have a state religion... yes, hold up one finger... that is for the Church of England.
Does the USA have a state religion...NO.
So – 80% it is not 100%

The UK does not have a state religion, England and Wales do

Here how it works England and Wales that’s two fingers to you

Scotland and Northern Ireland don’t, that’s another two fingers to you

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40440 Oct 15, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
This in no way means that Brits or even English or Welsh people must follow that religion,
Yes, I do love the way you insist I have said something I haven't said.

STOMP STOMP STOMP.

We haven't had to follow any religion since 1776, since we kicked your azzes out.

#40441 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do love the way you insist I have said something I haven't said.
STOMP STOMP STOMP.
We haven't had to follow any religion since 1776, since we kicked your azzes out.
My goodness you are a conceited fool, who was talking about you?

What makes you say I insist anything. I made a statement Let’s see:-

This in no way means that Brits or even English or Welsh people must follow that religion”
Endquote

Brits, English, Welsh. Hmmn, no I can’t see Americans in there – can you?

Location hidden

#40442 Oct 15, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Even the “elected” government guarantees the individuals freedom of and from religious expression
It is good you put "elected" in quotes because most of your government isn't elected.

Most are appointed.

And the head of state... inherited.

PS: If the UK enjoys "religious freedom", why do people have to sue to be able to wear a cross to work?

Location hidden

#40443 Oct 15, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
This in no way means that Brits or even English or Welsh people must follow that religion
Gosh... let's see... you RESPONDED DIRECTLY TO MY COMMENT AND AUTOQUOTED FROM ME...

i guess that's what threw me... you responding directly to my comment... lead me to believe you were responding to my comment...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#40444 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... let's see... you RESPONDED DIRECTLY TO MY COMMENT AND AUTOQUOTED FROM ME...
i guess that's what threw me... you responding directly to my comment... lead me to believe you were responding to my comment...
Yo Barefoot.

Relax man. It's Monday. Going to burn yourself out before the week is done.

Do you ever do gardening?

Curbs the excess anger. It is kind of like having Mr. Miagi as your mentor.

Location hidden

#40445 Oct 15, 2012
[QUOTE who="ChristineM"
Freedom of speech – yes we have had freedom of speech since 1215
[/QUOTE]

HAHAHQAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh my, I wonder how many heads rolled after running too liberal a tongue?

PS:
(quote)
British citizens are covered by the European Convention on Human Rights which states: "Everyone has the right to freedom of expression."

But it adds that governments can restrict free speech for, among other reasons, in the interests of national security, preserving public safety and for the prevention of disorder or crime.

Location hidden

#40446 Oct 15, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Also been over the head of state thing with you, who cares but you?
The monarch can cancel the ONLY PEOPLE (the minority) of people you do get to vote for.

By tea time.

You care enough to roll around on the floor and stomp your feet for the last one hundred comments or so.

Location hidden

#40447 Oct 15, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Constitution, who needs one? We don't need to have a single document telling us what we can and cannot do.
Show me your constitutional right of free speech.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#40448 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>\
Poor little Nympho: dishes it out but WHINES LIKE A LITTLE BABY when it gets tossed back.
Oh what a hypocrite she is WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I haven't whined a single time. That's one of the things that makes you so angry with me.

Nothing you say or do gets to me, barefooty. I know you keep hoping that your repeated attempts at insult will finally break me down and I'll whine, but it's not going to happen.

You have a good afternoon.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#40449 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor lying NympHO: never use a quote when she can misquote.
Pay attention:
A) Active duty in combat zone do not pay *federal* income taxes. They are *EXCLUDED*.
B) Some members of the US military fall below the income threshold for paying federal income tax.
C) Some retired members of the US military fall below the income threshold for paying federal income tax.
NO matter how hard you stomp your feet.
I'm not the one stomping my feet and screaming 'I'm right! I'm right! I'm always right!' You are.

You're correct. Some military personnel do not pay taxes because they fall below the threshold.

Now, are you satisfied or are you going to keep copying this and pasting it for another couple of months?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#40450 Oct 15, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You'd be lot of fun playing "Trivial Pursuit: Income Tax Edition" ...
No he wouldn't. He'd tear up all but one card so that he could get the answer right every time and have a meltdown when you say something about him doing so.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#40451 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to cry about it when you are dishing it out, Booby?
I do understand- I have the facts, and you have to fill up the dead space in your comments with rhetoric.
Stop crying, barefooty. Everything's gonna be okay.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#40452 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
... and your of just blowing wind.
Wind blown sand carves mountains, Booby.
Your first sentence doesn't make any sense. That's how it goes when you let things get to you so badly.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#40453 Oct 15, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Man Is Not American, He Never Grew Up Celebrating Independance Day, He Was Raised Communist, And You Ask Why Im So Gullible ?
Google Frank Marshall Davis, This Was Obamas Mentor, Who Help Raise And Shape Him.....At What Point Did He Stop Hating Colonialists, Whites, Americans...???
Read His Books.....You Claim To Be Open Minded
You're prejudiced, willfullly ignorant, nasty and a white supremacist to boot.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#40454 Oct 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope both of you dishonored the Sabbath and were at work today. You wouldn't want to be considered hypocritical , would you?, you mentally disturbed, and hate-filled atheist.
You want to see hate?

Try googling "atheist hate groups" and you'll get 2,270 results.

Now do the same for "christian hate groups" and you'll get 39,600 results.

Clearly the myth of Christianity spawns far more hatred than atheism does.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#40455 Oct 15, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
When The Truth Finally Comes Out....I Personally Am Going To Bitch Slap Every Idiot Who Voted For The Muslim.
So how do you plan to go about finding everybody who voted for Obama? I think that's personal information that you would have to steal to be able to slap everyone who voted for him. Of course, I doubt seriously that you are opposed to committing a crime.
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#40456 Oct 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact of the matter: we vote for the people who do vote for the president. It is hard to get 250 million people in the same building.
Funnily enough, other secular democracies (such as Britain, France, Germany etc) have no problem getting round this problem. This may sound crazy, but, they disperse ballot boxes throughout their state instead of allocating one single ballot box for the whole nation to use.

And by the way, Electoral College /= president. You therefore do not vote for the president.

Isn't arguing pedanticly just so much fun, Barefoot?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact of the matter: you do not vote for your head of state
Fact of the matter: we don't care.

Look, to further the point here, let's bring back another issue that you dropped after being proven wrong about: Scottish independence.

Here is the BBC report regarding the deal struck today regarding the referendum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotlan...

"What happens now?":-

"November 2013

Royal Assent is given to the bill
The Scottish government will publish a White Paper - what it calls its "prospectus for independence". Other parties will also put forward their vision for the future of Scotland
Summer 2014

The pro-independence and anti-independence campaigns intensify
Autumn 2014

The Scottish independence referendum takes place"

This is 2012. Royal assent is scheduled for November 2013, and the refendum is written in for 2014.

Already, before the Queen has even been asked, the referendum has been set a date.

Do you know why that is, Barefoot?

Because the Queen does nothing but rubber stamp decisions made by the politicians. Our head of state is a figurehead. Nothing more, nothing less.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
and you don't even get to vote for your prime minister.
Then Witney does not have an MP.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not vote for anyone in one of the two houses of your impairment.
You mean, the house that has had its power seriously reduced since at least 1911?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Queen can cancel everyone Parliament at tea time.
The independence referendum has been set a date prior to even being given royal assent. Kind of renders your ad nauseum argument meaningless.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there's isn't a man thing you can do about it.
If you seriously think that Parliament would listen to the Queen if she ever did a thing then you are sadly mistaken.

Actions speak louder than words, hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Christian Atheism 233,228
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr woodtick57 2,632
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Morse 180
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Morse 5,963
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 11 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr _Bad Company 214
More from around the web