In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,948)

Showing posts 38,941 - 38,960 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Bollocks_you made a mistake, again, live with it
Use your scroll button,$450 *M*illion typed above it. Billions, millions, trillions, do you want me to pick out your mistypes to, Skanque?

Do you remember saying it was TRIVIAL?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

__Chartreuse__ wrote:
It's hard being an atheist.
I'm usually reluctant to reveal it, because I've been burned several times.
One time I was being take to lunch by the head of a charity because I was to be named the new #2 and I was to "get onboard". She ofhand said "You're okay working Friday night, right, you're not Jewish." I said no, athist. And ice covered the room and we had to leave early because she "had something scheduled". And I was told the next day someone else would be #2.
Wow, Bummer Dude

Try Being Told You Cant Have The Job Because Your Over Qualified, And Affirmative Action Requires The Hiring Of A Person Of Color.

Get Over It...Move On...And Have A Nice Day.

“goodbye topix”

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Bummer Dude
Try Being Told You Cant Have The Job Because Your Over Qualified, And Affirmative Action Requires The Hiring Of A Person Of Color.
Get Over It...Move On...And Have A Nice Day.
Plz don't take any notice of the troll poster calling themselves "__Chartreuse__" {notice the double __ underscore as opposed to my single _ underscore} They probably don't mean a word they've typed here or elsewhere. They've only set up their account in imitaiton of mine {even copied the profile page} and are making posts taking the p outta me.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

__Chartreuse__ wrote:
One time I was being take to lunch by the head of a charity because I was to be named the new #2 and I was to "get onboard". She ofhand said "You're okay working Friday night, right, you're not Jewish." I said no, athist. And ice covered the room and we had to leave early because she "had something scheduled". And I was told the next day someone else would be #2.
I've had similar experiences.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

__Chartreuse__ wrote:
And I was told the next day someone else would be #2.
It could have been your breath, darling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I've had similar experiences.
Gosh, why would pretend to be you? you don't need any help looking like an idiot.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

__Chartreuse__ wrote:
I'm sorry about your experience - it's bad news; although given the rabid levels of religiosity in the USA, it's not particularly surprising.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, why would pretend to be you? you don't need any help looking like an idiot.
The only idiot here is the one harping on about a non-existent god and getting verbally beat down day in and day out about it.

You suffer from some kind of failure fetish.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

__Chartreuse__ wrote:
They're shocked that you're willing to give yourself without the looming reward from an non-existent god - you're more charitable than the rest of them put together, good for you.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

__Chartreuse__ wrote:
Yeah ... don't ever do that ... out there. Here, it's okay, you are among friends. Plenty of Godbot's around, many quite hateful, but they are rendered harmless by distance. Their vitriol is all virtual. There's actually great sport in poking at them through the bars of their self-imposed mental prison. Use a long stick ... they are extremely dangerous and would like to see us all dead.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Plz don't take any notice of the troll poster calling themselves "__Chartreuse__" {notice the double __ underscore as opposed to my single _ underscore} They probably don't mean a word they've typed here or elsewhere. They've only set up their account in imitaiton of mine {even copied the profile page} and are making posts taking the p outta me.
Wow. I like double underscore Chartreuse better than single underscore Chartreuse already. I looked at your profile ... I can certainly understand why someone would want to emulate it ... NOT!!!

LOL

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care- if you were a member of the US military in 1973 and insist you can't remember the US military moving into DefCon III (the same condition as we were for a few weeks during the Cuban Missile Crisis): I will point to your pattern of lies and deceptions and give you the standard dumb shrug.

I remember it very well.
I was in the military in 1973 and I don't remember that.

What was the cause?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the cause?
I Believe That Was When Obama Was Born...In Kenya....Three Wise Men Called The White House To Warn Of Future Problems.....
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... don't ever do that ... out there. Here, it's okay, you are among friends. Plenty of Godbot's around, many quite hateful, but they are rendered harmless by distance. Their vitriol is all virtual. There's actually great sport in poking at them through the bars of their self-imposed mental prison. Use a long stick ... they are extremely dangerous and would like to see us all dead.
Just When I KInda Think You Might Be OK, Alright, Not So Bad....

You Pull A Rodney Dangerfield, And Wonder Why Respect Is Hard To Find.

On Another Subject, Have You Seen The AA12 ??? Google It.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the cause?
Thank you Aero!!! I think Barefoot was demonstrating for us the kind of close-mindedness it takes to be a good godbot!!!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just When I KInda Think You Might Be OK, Alright, Not So Bad....
You Pull A Rodney Dangerfield, And Wonder Why Respect Is Hard To Find.
On Another Subject, Have You Seen The AA12 ??? Google It.
I don't come here for respect!!! AND ... nobody ... NOBODY ... tells me what to Google!! I Google what I please ... it's about all the freedom I actually get.

Let me guess though ... without Goo-goo-googling ... you're talking that high-capacity automatic assault 12GA that's sexier than Vanna White in a night gown!

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Bitch....You Got Anger Issues...LOL
Please...I Repeat, Please, Try To Force Me Out Of My Country.
Speaking Of Nazis, They Are Having A Resurgence In The EU And Here Domestically....I Read An Article Yesterday About The Losers.
Obama Is The One Gutting The Military, And Knows He Cant Count On Their Votes.....The Pubs Were trying To Get Him To Stop Borrowing And Spending Money We Don't Have.
There's Nowhere To Hide Pal...Stand Up For Your Beliefs And Let The Chips Fall Where They May.
Wonder How Many Fools Will Rush To Get Rid Of The Obama Bumper Stickers...LOL
This is not your nation TRAITOR...Nazi fascist like you cant claim this nation..WE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PATRIOYIC AND LOVE THE CONSTITUTION WONT LET SLIME LIKE YOU STAY HERE....Got it ?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not your nation TRAITOR...Nazi fascist like you cant claim this nation..WE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PATRIOYIC AND LOVE THE CONSTITUTION WONT LET SLIME LIKE YOU STAY HERE....Got it ?
Well you better grab a bucket and scrub brush 'cause there's lot's of SLIME IN THE ICE MACHINE!!!!!!
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't come here for respect!!! AND ... nobody ... NOBODY ... tells me what to Google!! I Google what I please ... it's about all the freedom I actually get.
Let me guess though ... without Goo-goo-googling ... you're talking that high-capacity automatic assault 12GA that's sexier than Vanna White in a night gown!
Oh Yeah.....Its A Game Changer, And Worth The 18 K Price Tag.
I Said Google It Because Most Are Unwilling To Open A Link With Good Reason.

If Your Over A Certain Age, You Know That Respect Is Earned, Not Given Freely. With That Said, This Social Media Outlet Is The Last Place One Would Go To Get Respect, Most People On These Forums, You Or I Would Never Talk To In Person, In Fact, We May Go Out Of Our Way To Avoid Them....LOL

I Often Wonder Why Anyone Would Post Pictures And Minute By Minute Updates Of Their Lives On Facebbok.....Just Goes To Show How Indoctrination And Peer Presure, Along With Media, Can Shape A Society.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I Say Your A Whimp And Couldnt Find Your Way Out If Bed...Now, What Are YOU Going To Do About It ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,941 - 38,960 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min CunningLinguist 223,158
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr Reason Personified 58
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 15 hr Buck Crick 21,333
Why do i deserve no respect. 21 hr Carchar king 7
Introducing The Universal Religion Jul 9 NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jul 9 ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Jul 9 Buck Crick 324
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••