In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
38,841 - 38,860 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK bankers are in it every bit as deep (or deeper) as the US bankers.
So do stop taking shots at the USA, Skanque, you live in a country that has glass walls.
Now, probably, not when this global meltdown started. The reason (some) UK banker are in so deep is the f*cking big hole UK b(w)ankers dug for the rest of the world to fall into – The greed of US bankers and nothing more.

You don’t like facts then tough, go have a word with dubya about changing the history that he presided over just so you can sleep better at nights

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
'You food stamps', eh?
Bang your head on your boy friend's belt buckle again, eh?
I can understand your country has been circling the drain for over one hundred years: the only thing you got is shots at the USA.
The USA has nothing to do with the financial crapfest that is the EU.
Why are you so pathetic? No shots at the USA there, food stamps are a necessary thing, the shot was at you and it splattered all over you face just like the best shots of your many clients – what was it $35.20 last night, who gave you the 20 cents? All of them? I hope you declare those earning in you tax returns, it will help pull your country out of their debt to china.

The US has everything to do with the financial crisis, just because you have trouble with your conscience and have only got the bottle to deny facts does not mean that facts have to change to make you feel better.

Cause of the world financial crisis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%93201...

The bursting of the U.S. housing bubble, which peaked in 2006

The financial crisis was triggered by a complex interplay of government policies that encouraged home ownership, providing easier access to loans for subprime borrowers, overvaluation of bundled sub-prime mortgages based on the theory that housing prices would continue to escalate, questionable trading practices on behalf of both buyers and sellers, and a lack of adequate capital holdings from banks and insurance companies to back the financial commitments they were making

See also
http://theviewspaper.net/the-causes-and-effec...

Better still do a search for

“cause of the world financial crisis”

Or

“cause of the world recession”

And you will be able to educate yourself, something that you badly need.
SupaAFC

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't.
"Have so!"
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep hoping that your paraphrase means that I said what you wanted me to mean.
I interpreted it the same way any average British citizen would. It is not my, or anybody else's fault, that you failed to mention Lords anywhere until you had to start back-peddling.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why you cannot find the direct quote.
Then you cannot claim that you "meant" the Lords until you show me the "direct quote" stating as such.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
hat is why you changed what I said (members of Parliament) to Members of Parliment and then insisted I said MPs...
Members of parliament is synonymous with MPs. Why do you think they are called "MPs" while Lords are specifically called "Lords"?

We can all see that you are desperately trying to dig yourself out of an incredibly deep hole, Barefoot. By this rate, you will eventually find yourself in Australia or China.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why you cannot find me saying you could not vote for MPs.
I cannot find you stating that you meant the Lords and only the Lords. This should worry you.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stomp your feet all you like: you do not vote for the PM
So the Witney constituency did not vote for David Cameron?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
you do not vote for members of the House of Lords.
Who cares?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church of England makes appointments to the Parliament.
They don't even appoint the Lords Spiritual. You, Barefoot, are a bald-faced liar.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not get to vote for who is the monarch. The monarch and only the monarch has the power to dissolve the Parliament and indeed the govermnet of the UK itself.
Want to see one of her most recent acts as our head of state?:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-e...

We're soooo scared of the Queen, Barefoot.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You got nothing new. Don't waste any of my time. I understand yours has little value.
The funny thing is that despite your ranting and raving about our government and all its relics of the past, your government is modelled exactly on ours.

The fact is, Barefoot, that you have no argument regarding Britain being any more religious than the United States. That is why all you can do is argue ad nauseum about our relics.

Don't you just hate that that I can point to, well, reality, whereas you can only point to pieces of paper?
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Todays problems

Yes my slaves, prayers are delayed.

I am busy, Mohammad is having sordid affair with Jesus. He is jealous of the newly discovered hidden wife.

I requested the assistance of Baal.

And there are rumors circulating Joey Greco's Cheaters is featuring this woman.

Satan is booked solid handling Bishop Willard

I am pleased at his success and he requested Kolob, as a perk.

Really, what is a god to do?

My slaves are rioting, my dilithium crystals have been depleted,

I want another flood but can only afford Global warming.

Is it any mystery my name spelled backwards is Dog?
Mom could have done better
'Sue' would be good.

Omg (dad) this one really makes me mad!

Which one of us do they mean?

I am the youngest, maybe Mohammad but he smells funny and I've repeatedly warned him about the odor of BBQ on his robes.

My problems are many my faithful slaves

Virtually everything I create... Dies!

Zeus is always teasing me, says I need 'The Force' and a more robust training schedule. Other gods torment me daily about this.

What do they think, I'm made of savoiurs?

You should see the road apples Pegasus drops <omg>

My Martyrs are busy with their virgins, the virgins have petitioned Aphrodite for a union.

It is chaos here my slaves.

Toilets are backed up, waiting on Joe the Plummer.

Due to finances planned raptures must be suspended indefinitely.

I had to send the ghost to calm my youthful son down, since his 1st massacre, he has been anxious to return.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to celebrate your ignorance, Booby, I am not going to slow you down.
Hey, Barefoot ... have you ever thought about being a contestant on "I argue like a 5th Grader"?? I think you'd do really well.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Paul Ryan looked like he wanted to cry tonight.
<quoted text>
I know I did.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so pathetic? No shots at the USA there, food stamps are a necessary thing, the shot was at you and it splattered all over you face just like the best shots of your many clients – what was it $35.20 last night, who gave you the 20 cents? All of them? I hope you declare those earning in you tax returns, it will help pull your country out of their debt to china.
Tit for Tat in the Fellatio Wars ... Well Done! Carry on ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
And he is a realcock sucker

Cheers, I will

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
73....???? Oh Damn, No Wonder Your Quite Insane.....Your Ancient.
The Cuban Missle Crisis Was A Big Thing, A Decade Later, When The Truth Came Out.
'Your' a idiot.

Draft dodger Romney can count on your vote... he has that kind of a peel....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Man Is Not American,
Even Palin laughs at birthers.

But then...'your' an idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, probably, not when this global meltdown started
US bankers are not responsible for the mess in Europe, Skanque, I know: it is your reflex reaction to all your woes... that it must be the US's fault... that you are spending money you don't and creating debt and European banks are required to have close to the capital to maintain stability like they are in the US so we are responsible for the speculation (e.g., Spanish housing bubble) because... because... well... let's see... unstable banks hold up the governments that have rules that allow them to become unstable... so the US is to blame...

hmmmm...

Do let us know when you can come up with a reason, we will take speculation since you aren't close to providing proof.

PS: BARCLAY's.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<
You don’t like facts then tough,
FACTS?

Start with one- explain how the US banks are responsible for the rules in Europe that allow such rabid speculation by the banks that cause entire countries to collapse?

Since we have rules in the US to prevent that from happening... which seems (since the banking system in the USA is the strongest in the world) the banking crisis right now is occurring...where?

Oh yeah, over in Europe.

PS: George Bush is not responsible for speculation in UK & Europe banks. A couple wars and the US recession, yes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
The US has everything to do with the financial crisis
The US did not force Europeans to make bad investments and it is not the US's fault that you have such piss poor regulations on your banking system that allows them to gamble away assets that aren't theirs to put on the table.

The US is the victim here: your crappy banking systems are ruining OUR economy, not the other way around, dinguss. Our banks aren't failing- yours are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Have so!"
<quoted text>
I interpreted it the same way any average British citizen would.
There are no citizens in Britain: You are subjects.

Now that is a FACT.

And I don't care how you interpret anything: I am not responsible for you jumping to conclusions.

There are two houses in the UK parliament. It isn't my fault that you were not aware of this.

No is it my fault that you had to LIE when you changed what I said to try to explain away how you got confused.

The Lords who make up the House of Lords are members.

English.

It is not my fault you are so ignorant of your own government that you were unaware that the phrase "members of Parliament" include (and in fact, more likely since there are more members in the House of Lords than House of Commons) Lords, especially, Lords Spiritual.

And it is rather transparent when YOU CHANGED what I said ("members of Parliament") to (capitalized) "Members of Parliament" and then quickly added "MPs" and then insisted that I meant House of Commons.

You are a liar. You can get all your NotBots waving banners but I want you know I am calling you out for the lying pusssy you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
Then you cannot claim that you "meant" the Lords
Meant?

I am responsible for what I say, not for your edited paraphrase.

The reason you cannot find anything to support your lies is: the quote doesn't exist.

It didn't exist when I challenged you two minutes after you posted it, and it doesn't exist now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
Members of parliament is synonymous with MPs.
But members of parliament is not.

And the Lords are members of parliment.

And the only way you can CONFLATE them is to paraphrase what I have said- to create sentences where you get to put the phrase 'members of Parliament' when 'members' is capitalized.

You are a liar.

I am not responsible for your ignorance of the workings of your own civil government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
I cannot find you stating that you meant the Lords and only the Lords. This should worry you.
You can't find your asscheeks in a phone booth- why would you think I would be worried about what you can find.

I submit: you cannot find the quote because it does not exist.

And I point out: I called you on it the minute you said it.

Funny how that is weeks later... you can't find it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Barefoot ... have you ever thought about being a contestant on "I argue like a 5th Grader"?? I think you'd do really well.
I think it's funny that someone comes to a forum for the express purpose of arguing and then he cries then someone who is better at it- someone who has facts instead of uninformed opinions- slaps the snotshit out him, and then he has to cry that someone else likes to argue.

To review: the reason the USSR & the USA went to DefCon3 in 1973 was because Golda Meir threatened to bomb the cities of Cairo and Damascus with nuclear weapons.

I don't need you to confirm it- especially when you say don't remember something that everyone else in the US Navy (and USAF) remembers who was serving when it happened.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are tit; Skanque is tat.

To me, it looks like you are tied.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's funny that someone comes to a forum for the express purpose of arguing and then he cries then someone who is better at it- someone who has facts instead of uninformed opinions- slaps the snotshit out him, and then he has to cry that someone else likes to argue.
To review: the reason the USSR & the USA went to DefCon3 in 1973 was because Golda Meir threatened to bomb the cities of Cairo and Damascus with nuclear weapons.
I don't need you to confirm it- especially when you say don't remember something that everyone else in the US Navy (and USAF) remembers who was serving when it happened.
Everyone else? Really? You've taken a poll? Amazing. You don't come here to argue? Really? I would think you and an almanac could stay busy for days. My "snotshit" seems to be in place and functional. Perhaps you are being rash. In fact, perhaps it is YOU who has departed the world of reality for some new place. I hope you are treated kindly there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Aura Mytha 224,117
Our world came from nothing? 41 min Richardfs 202
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Buck Crick 21,387
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 2 hr DonPanic 1,286
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 5 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 18 hr religionisillness 834
•••
•••