In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
38,821 - 38,840 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Poor little barefooty. Has to call people nasty names
\

Poor little Nympho: dishes it out but WHINES LIKE A LITTLE BABY when it gets tossed back.

Oh what a hypocrite she is WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Just keep on being paranoid and thinking I have aliases. Youse funny.
Youse got to be more clever when you and your aliases go on vacation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait. It's starting to come back. The repressed memories.
You have been established as a liar, Booby.

I don't need a performance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Barefoot wants to argue.
Always hilarious: azzwipe hypocrite who spends hours a day here posting dozens of messages to others screaming they like to argue...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
Military people pay taxes when not deployed in active duty.
Poor lying NympHO: never use a quote when she can misquote.

Pay attention:
A) Active duty in combat zone do not pay *federal* income taxes. They are *EXCLUDED*.

B) Some members of the US military fall below the income threshold for paying federal income tax.

C) Some retired members of the US military fall below the income threshold for paying federal income tax.

NO matter how hard you stomp your feet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to be the only form of entertainment he enjoys.
Sad, really.
Sadder that you continue to insist several times a day that I have no life... as you seem to have less of a life to follow me around with these posts "ignoring" me.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You revel in your ignorance, and when you are proved wrong (every time), you excuse yourself for not being educated.
Some members serving in the US military do not pay federal income tax because they do not make enough money.
Included in filers who do not pay federal income taxes are people who make over a half million dollars a year.
I suggest you start with them and work your way back to members of the US military.
Wow. You'd be lot of fun playing "Trivial Pursuit: Income Tax Edition" ...

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't looking down on you with the remark I made. I don't look down on any job anyone does. Everyone is needed. We can't all be rich. We can't all dig ditches. We can't all provide power to people's homes. So each person is needed.
You are far too civil for me to think that! Never crossed my mind ...

Quite right. Part of our social problems involve people thinking they are "too good" for the most available jobs out there. Lazy I say!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are far too civil for me to think that! Never crossed my mind ...
Quite right. Part of our social problems involve people thinking they are "too good" for the most available jobs out there. Lazy I say!
Actually there is problem of people having to accept jobs they are over qualified to do. Because they can't get the jobs they are qualified to do. But I'm not sure about thinking they are too good .

Problem is truthfully is how can a person live off a meager or close to minimum wages? Lots of roommates or something?
I couldn't live off of it , hey if I had to I would work for p-nuts.
Like in NYC now they tell me it's about 10$ for a pack of Marlboro.
6$ a gallon of gas then grocery's At meager wages you would be about broke from a pack of cigs , gas to get there and lunch.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Barefoot wants to argue. That is his whole point in being here. It doesn't matter if you're right, wrong or indifferent, he will find a way to argue with you and then puff out his chest and tell you how right he is, how he whipped your behind, and how stupid you are. So if you want an argument on one subject for months and months, he's your guy.
Arguing, discussing, forcing one's opinions on captive audiences ... a lot of fun for all!! I do learn from my experiences here. I'm quite different from when I first found Topix, where my first thousand or so posts were pretty red-neck BS. I think I've learned a lot. Now Barefoot ... his technique reminds me of the wind blown sand ... capable of reducing mountains to dust ... just takes a really, REALLY long time.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is problem of people having to accept jobs they are over qualified to do. Because they can't get the jobs they are qualified to do. But I'm not sure about thinking they are too good .
Problem is truthfully is how can a person live off a meager or close to minimum wages? Lots of roommates or something?
6$ a gallon of gas then grocery's At meager wages you would be about broke from a pack of cigs , gas to get there and lunch.
Well ... that's the nature of the problem. It's an endless spiral out and it's out of control. That's why we need good leadership in DC. Obama's had his 4 years, it ain't any better. I'd almost give him another 4 years just to see who he'd blame his problems on next term. Not sure we'd survive that experiment. One things for sure, prices go up, salaries go up, cycle repeats. What came first? The chicken or the egg ... who knows. I make 10X now at 60 what I made at 20 ... my life any better? Not really ... pretty much the same ... and that seems to be the plan. Something's disturbed the simple, price regulating laws of supply and demand. I think it's because we've stopped being producers and evolved into a service based economy. Our means of production have been shipped overseas. Banks and the remaining large manufacturers are immune from their own bad business practices by Government subsidy. Cause and effect have been disassociated. How hard a person works or how educated he becomes no longer necessarily reflects his success rate. It's crazy.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been established as a liar, Booby.
I don't need a performance.
You NEED a lobotomy ... you GOT a performance. Count your blessings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You'd be lot of fun playing "Trivial Pursuit: Income Tax Edition" ...
You want to celebrate your ignorance, Booby, I am not going to slow you down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You NEED a lobotomy ... you GOT a performance. Count your blessings.
Do you want to cry about it when you are dishing it out, Booby?

I do understand- I have the facts, and you have to fill up the dead space in your comments with rhetoric.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
Now Barefoot ... his technique reminds me of the wind blown sand
... and your of just blowing wind.

Wind blown sand carves mountains, Booby.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lunch"?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care- if you were a member of the US military in 1973 and insist you can't remember the US military moving into DefCon III (the same condition as we were for a few weeks during the Cuban Missile Crisis): I will point to your pattern of lies and deceptions and give you the standard dumb shrug.
I remember it very well.
73....???? Oh Damn, No Wonder Your Quite Insane.....Your Ancient.

The Cuban Missle Crisis Was A Big Thing, A Decade Later, When The Truth Came Out.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so freakin' gullible?
The Man Is Not American, He Never Grew Up Celebrating Independance Day, He Was Raised Communist, And You Ask Why Im So Gullible ?

Google Frank Marshall Davis, This Was Obamas Mentor, Who Help Raise And Shape Him.....At What Point Did He Stop Hating Colonialists, Whites, Americans...???

Read His Books.....You Claim To Be Open Minded

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Man Is Not American, He Never Grew Up Celebrating Independance Day, He Was Raised Communist, And You Ask Why Im So Gullible ?
Google Frank Marshall Davis, This Was Obamas Mentor, Who Help Raise And Shape Him.....At What Point Did He Stop Hating Colonialists, Whites, Americans...???
Stupid neocon creationist trying to lie about obama. You weak minded fool

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Paul Ryan looked like he wanted to cry tonight.
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••