In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,933)

Showing posts 38,641 - 38,660 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I agree but The majority has become that way , I think because of the pressures of petrol and Muslims , the extremists have bread extremists. Not going to get around that I think. At least until we have taken the need of dealing with the other extremists away. Focusing on the Canadian pipeline and boosting domestically produced sources will create jobs and take away the need to deal with them as well as send a strong message without bombs. These are short term though as long term will have to focus on a new viable energy source we have.
Shale and coal in spades , we can solve the dispute by refusing to need the war torn Muslim states who believe we are exploiting them
anyway. We do not need them Mitt sees that, and that's the best direction we can take. Work around you know white sheet them , and
develop a new way. That's what he talks about and that's drawn my attention.
For me, the social issues supercede the others.

I don't want more Scalias, Thomases, Alitos....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A website but no specifics.
Funny how that is.
As draft dodger Romney his plan and he says, yes he has a plan, and as him for specifics, and he says his specifics are: he has a plan.
He wants to increase the deficit by five trillion dollars by more tax cuts but he will offset the increase in debt by slashing loopholes.
Though even if he slashed the 188 loopholes identified by Simpson Bowles... there isn't five trillion there.
It is the Bush plan that got us in this mess and Romney is going double down on the Bush plan.
Simple: name one tax loop hole, Mittens.
No it was the S&L failure, the Lehman Bros. collapse the greed of the bankers.
2 major natural disasters ,Iraq invading Kuwait and Saddam's defiance to the UN with and 9/11 causing yet another war that caused our predicament , Yes Bernie Madoff helped us out too.
The Housing market collapse , because banks selling mortgages to people that couldn't afford them with rates that were daisy for the first year and then reality. It has more to do with bankers collecting hefty commissions on sales to people who could not pay for what they bought than it has to do with policy or parties in the political arena.

But it's so easy to blame Bush , he wasn't the best or smartest president ever , but he wasn't the cause of all problems America is in now. We simply brought them on ourselves. Though personally I've really not had anything to do with them , but I accept they are my problems too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the problem, from my perspective - can anybody give any specifics. Let's say a 30 year old man from any demographic group opens up a business, what credits will apply to the guy, and what must he achive for this to happen?
And then, on a large scale, how will this affect taxation and the national budget. I am all for lowering tax rates and/or credits - Hell knows, I can do with a tax break. But if we lower tax rates, our budget decreases... How is that revenue replaced? Will it be replaced? If not, where are we going to cut? Or are we simply robbing Peter to pay Paul?
The fact is a growing economy has more money coming in.
So if you are able to pay the tax and able to move your business forward, then other are also.
The Tax base increases , so revenue collected increases.
The economy moves forward with less control and less tax , but collection is higher because it is moving.

That's the deal that's capitalism , that's how it works.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like them either , but we can't cut off one of our hands and expect to function. I'm not sure their is a solution to all our problems.
But nature will take it's course.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the problem, from my perspective - can anybody give any specifics.
Start with draft dodger's five trillion dollar hole.

Remember we are already in a 16 trillion dollar hole...

Now to get back to where we are now- if Romney were to dig the hole another five trillion dollars deeper- he has to come up with offsets.

He says: I got offsets! and they aren't going to hurt the middle class!

To be sure: he may not have a complete list of all offsets... but unless he is completely full of crap... he should be able to rattle off some trillion dollar loopholes.

He can't.

And if he were to say... to hell with it, I don't have to name these loopholes because my plan is to close all of them (including the two most used middle class loop holes... which he says he isn't going to do): close them all it doesn't add up to five trillion.

It doesn't add up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives Will Save America.
STFU, really.

Conservatives put the country into the mess it is in now.

Of course, Bush in hindsight is no longer a conservative... according to the conservatives who elected him.

Romney = Bash III.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
All Blacks 32 v 16 Springboks
Do we even have any Kiwis on here?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Do we even have any Kiwis on here?
A few other fruits.

Fruitcake really.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, really.
Of course, Bush in hindsight is no longer a conservative... according to the conservatives who elected him.
Romney = Bash III.
You Really Are That Stupid....Boatboy

Pew: Romney leads Obama among likely voters
USA Today- Mitt Romney now leads President Obama by 4 percentage points among likely voters after a strong debate performance last week, according to polling by the Pew Research Center
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Bye, Bye, Barrack Hussien

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....Your A Sissy, I Would Hurt You, Flamer

Id Say You;ve Been Raped Many Times.

Personally, I Didnt Joke About Rape, But If I Wanted To, You Wouldnt Do Squat To Stop Me.

After Your Impersonator Looses, You Can Slither Back Into The Closet, Navy Tough Guy....LOL
I would not worry about sock puppet boy. He has completely lost all respect from Theist. He has floundered on other threads. It was really funny! He came charging in to the rescue to other atheist (or his puppets) and it blew up in his face, he is truly pathetic He really looks and plays the fool well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as stupid as you, knob job.

But then there are really many that are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Pew: Romney leads Obama among likely voters
Electoral Votes
270 to win

Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, really.
Romney = Bash III.
People like you are why this country is in a mess. Rid the world of atheshits like you, and we can recover back to peace and order.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Personally, I Didnt Joke About Rape, But If I Wanted To, You Wouldnt Do Squat To Stop Me.
You did joke about rape and it isn't my fault that Topix lets bitchkeyboardcowards run loose here: it is the nature of the beast.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

[QUOTE who="wolverine"
After Your Impersonator Looses, You Can Slither Back Into The Closet, Navy Tough Guy....LOL[/QUOTE]

You can back into your bus station bathroom stall, knobjob, but then if you backed in, you would lose half your customer base.

Polish up your keyboard: you got another four years of whining and tea bag tonsil massages.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you hate it when justices respect the Constitution.

Gotta' twist it, shape it.

Can't allow it to be what the people ratified.

Liberal justices know best for us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with draft dodger's five trillion dollar hole.
Remember we are already in a 16 trillion dollar hole...
Now to get back to where we are now- if Romney were to dig the hole another five trillion dollars deeper- he has to come up with offsets.
He says: I got offsets! and they aren't going to hurt the middle class!
To be sure: he may not have a complete list of all offsets... but unless he is completely full of crap... he should be able to rattle off some trillion dollar loopholes.
He can't.
And if he were to say... to hell with it, I don't have to name these loopholes because my plan is to close all of them (including the two most used middle class loop holes... which he says he isn't going to do): close them all it doesn't add up to five trillion.
It doesn't add up.
Catch up.

Stephanie Cutter (Obama's Deputy Liar) already admitted they just made the 5 trillion dollars up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, really.
Romney = Bash III.
Sure.

It's a good thing Obama came along and closed gitmo and reduced the deficit.

...and lowered the sea level.

He learned that campaign talk doesn't work when your opponent is on the same stage, 10 feet away.

Spanked like a baby.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, it's the big picture.
The social issues.
The catastrophe from Republican Supreme Court appointments.
Our children, living In a backward society.
Individual liberties down the tube.
Religion given more power.
Women's rights assaulted.
Makes me want to puke.
Think I'll head for the gym.
Not a word of truth. Been watching MSNBC?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,641 - 38,660 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••