In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#39959 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it.
You have to respect someone before you value their opinion and the rantings of a deranged obsessive like barefoot, engender no respect whatsoever.
Last time I looked he was averaging approximately 76 posts a day. No doubt he'll be trying to push that average up to 80.
I personally don't care how many posts someone makes. But barefooty is making his mark posting only the same remarks for months now. It's old, tired and should be buried.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#39960 Oct 7, 2012
AmericasBestChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really...Sterilization, contraceptive use and abortion, PLANNED PARENTHOOD, will keep the U.S. from going into savage, third world, breeding mode where women with capacious vaginal dimensions and zero education plus low IQs squirt out semen demons, miserable crotch droppings, into the streets...See third world CATHOLIC countries...Obama is absolutely right in the support of Planned Parenthood but he does not go far enough in encouraging a culture of contraception, sterilization and abortion....and that's where my LIBERTARIAN support ends. Until breeding practices are called into question, all else is white noise. Glory!
So it's all the woman's fault?

If you want people sterilized, start with yourself and the men in your family. It takes two. Women can't have children without men to fertilize their eggs. So if you want people sterilized, start with yourself and the men in your family so that none of the women you have sex with can have a fertilized egg as a result of it. It takes two.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#39961 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll mention that to her and let you know how it turns out.
talking to a imaginery girldfriend/wife

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39962 Oct 7, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Once in a while, you actually say something with which I agree. This is one of them.
Okay. There were no WMD's. The wars were started to ... enhance Bushes re-election ambitions. Yeah, okay. So why didn't Obama pull our troops when he was elected?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#39963 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a soldier.
It could have been worse: you could have accused me of being English.
Yet you continue to use the same avatar.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#39964 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't much care.
Neither would my black girl friend.
ROFLMBO. Sure, barefooty.

Texas, USA

#39965 Oct 7, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. It is not President Obama who wishes to make this a third world country, but those who think only their religious beliefs should run the country who are trying to do so. Those beliefs exclude higher education as a goal to be admired. They would rather have a Bible rule than good sense.
Please get your facts straight before looking so foolish.
Facts? Pretty sure no politician would state this as a goal (third world status)... we must infer these intentions from his actions and in-actions. Consider: we have established that the primary impetus for our 2 wars in the Middle East ... WMD's, Al Quida, Bin Laden, establishing "democracy", etc. were all pretty much lost causes when Obama took office. Did he pull us out? No. Why?

Bailing out failed businesses, while noble ... is not in itself good business. Everyone knows this, even the President. Why?

Controlling our borders and moderating the influx of illegals was in the works. Billions had already been spent of the technology ... a "virtual fence" was well underway ... cancelled. Why?

Billions were already invested in the Orion "return to the Moon project" ... cancelled and redirected towards a ridiculous "asteroid" mission. Why?

How boring would all this be if we got on here and spouted "facts"? I'm spouting my thoughts and impressions. I've got as much right to look foolish as anybody else. Yeah. I was in the military in 1973 and DEFCON3 didn't even cause a noticeable bump in our lives on a 7000ft plateau in Ethiopia. Big deal.

I'm an Atheist. The Republicans seem to be driven by the Religi-nuts. I don't like them either. I usually try to avoid political discussions, that is not, after all, the subject of this thread.

So there.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39966 Oct 7, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you continue to use the same avatar.
Same avatar and same alias, since day one.

Unlike you, eh, Chubby?

Location hidden

#39967 Oct 7, 2012
RHill wrote:
< Yeah. I was in the military in 1973 and DEFCON3 didn't even cause a noticeable bump in our lives on a 7000ft plateau in Ethiopia. Big deal.
I guess if you were an e-2 and the biggest weapon you had in Ethiopia was an M-14 you weren't really part of the national defense.
SockFoot2121

Rochester, MN

#39968 Oct 7, 2012

Good!!! These liberal POS are Terrible Creeps

Location hidden

#39969 Oct 7, 2012
RHill wrote:
Consider: we have established that the primary impetus for our 2 wars in the Middle East
NO, "we" hadn't.

Bush and Cheney found an excuse to cover the reason he wanted to go to war against Hussein. The reason he wanted to invade Iraq qs he was certainly he would win before the election.

The excuse quickly fell through.

Location hidden

#39970 Oct 7, 2012
RHill wrote:
I usually try to avoid political discussions, that is not, after all, the subject of this thread.
So there.
Geez: you are a liar.

Who are you talking to?

Is this your version of Bush's Hussein has WMDs?

Do you think no one can see the dozens of political posts you made on this thread?

Do you want to go backwards and find where it was that you were on topic here?

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#39971 Oct 7, 2012
SockFoot2121 wrote:
Good!!! These liberal POS are Terrible Creeps
In a polite way, seeing as you come across as a troll would you care to clarify your statement.

I am atheist and by most standards not a liberal.
Libertarian yes, but liberal NO.

Texas, USA

#39972 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if you were an e-2 and the biggest weapon you had in Ethiopia was an M-14 you weren't really part of the national defense.
The Naval Contingent did not have anything as modern as an M-14. I was an E-3. RMSN.

Texas, USA

#39973 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez: you are a liar.
Who are you talking to?
Is this your version of Bush's Hussein has WMDs?
Do you think no one can see the dozens of political posts you made on this thread?
Do you want to go backwards and find where it was that you were on topic here?
Everyone wanders off topic. I will throw in my 2 cents in a political discussion. So what? Shoot me. Find an instance where I started a political discussion or claimed any special knowledge or expertize in these matters. In fact, as I am in no way unique, I presume my opinions may reflect a small but poorly represented segment of the population. Ignore me and I'll go away ... promise.

Location hidden

#39974 Oct 7, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Naval Contingent did not have anything as modern as an M-14. I was an E-3. RMSN.
You did not and do not have a clue.

The people who were on the front line- the Navy and the Air Force- remember.

Those on the other side as well...

Texas, USA

#39975 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh. I've already gone over this but one of my jobs was in NCA - National Command Authority - providing comms support to Air Force One ... and including whatever plane Kissinger was flying around in. It was a job. I did it well. Bite me. I was not involved or interested in the politics behind our Scope missions. Just pushing the right buttons at the right time. No different from you (if indeed you were on subs), no different from the AF guys manning a missile silo ... get over yourself.

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#39976 Oct 7, 2012
Looks like religion has went into desperation mode!
http://www.france24.com/en/20121007-catholic-...

Texas, USA

#39977 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go dillweed ... enjoy

" https://www.facebook.com/photo.php... ;

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#39978 Oct 7, 2012
A newly found letter penned by Einstein just went on auction. I sold for $3 million.

In it, Einstein said...

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text.

End Quote

--Albert Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 24 min _Bad Company 1,110
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 23,045
Heaven 6 hr Reason Personified 44
Man center of the universe. 6 hr Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 7 hr Uncle Sam 51
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr Dave Nelson 231,016
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE