In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,928)

Showing posts 38,541 - 38,560 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
so saying that israel got nukes and wants to use them on iran is antisemitism ?
I am saying you are an antisemite.

Why do you need translation of English sentences that aren't even ten words long?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmm ... it was either the Yom Kippur War or the year they released the preliminary script for the movie Wargames.
Ymmm.

I asked you a simple question:

Why did the USA and the USSR go to DefConIII in 1973?

If you had served in 1973, you'd remember DefConIII.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot has accused me of antisemitism several times in the past ... turn-a-bout is fair play.
You are an antisemite.

I don't care what you accuse me of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
I certainly would not presume to know if Israel has nuclear weapons, how many nor their intended target.
You would be the only person on this planet who thought he could pretend that it doesn't, or that Israel didn't explode a weapon with the cooperation of South Africa, and you could not have served in 1973 when Israel threatened to use nukes on Cairo and Damascus while it was losing the Yom Kippur War.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<History has shown that the IDF does not need nuclear weapons to kick Arab butt.
The IDF does not have problems when they concentrate their attack women and children and unarmed civilian populations- as they did when they broke the truce with the Palestinians and attacked the GAZA.

However, they do not do so well against armed forces- such as when the last time they broke international law and when into Lebanon, even though they still managed to kill tens of thousands they were repelled by Hezbollah.

And that is putting aside that do need billions of dollars from the US taxpayers to pay for the weapons they use- most illegally, and some in violation of international law, such as using white phosphorous on people and dropping cluster bombs on civilian populations (dropping them in cities).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me! Everything I say is a lie!!
<smoke and sparks begin to come out of Barefoot's ears>
No, coffee comes out of my nostrils: you are a joke.

You don't know what you are talking about, I am happy to point out your ignorance.

You keep stamping your feet, insisting how angry I am.

I'll continue sipping coffee.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and did you NOT NOTICE the comparison of Israel with North Korea ... another dangerous rogue state?
Tell us, Booby: has Israel signed the treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons? Has North Korea?

Which states have attacked US warships in international water since WWII?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrifying acts to be sure! I try to look at those two nuclear attacks as if I were a American Soldier, weary from a long Pacific Campaign and contemplating my chances of surviving an invasion of the Japanese Homeland.
Japan was ready to surrender.

US dropped the nukes as a demonstration to the Russians- to Stalin. They were dropped in early August because Stalin declared war on Japan that week.

These are history.

Japan was ready to surrender. They were most concerned with having their emperor stand for war crimes trial. The US insisted on unconditional surrender (that they intended to put him on trial). They dropped the bombs; Japan surrendered (and the USA ended up not putting the emperor on trial, they needed him to help control the civilian population).

Read, Boooby.

You use your imagination instead of reading, Booby.

Smoke coming out of your ears, hon?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
I long for the days when our presidents were drawn from good, clean, military stock.
Romney dodged the draft - asking daddy to get those deferments for him.

Dodged the draft (in France) after marching (literally carrying signs) in demonstrations FOR the war and supporting the draft of men... who didn't have rich daddies keeping their kids in college.

No one in Romney's family has ever served. No one. Not him, not his dad, not his uncle, not his grandfathers, no one, and not any of his kids.

Romney is as far away from military stock that there is and still be a citizen of the USA.

FACT Booby.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's just plain mean. I'm a veteran,
You weren't a veteran during 1973 or you would remember DefConIII.

PS: I served on a warship; you spent your time on shore duty. I was on the front lines of the Cold War... you spent your time repairing Simpson 260s.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
Of course, we all know that Barefoot's education, intelligence sources and political acumen put him in a unique position for analyzing and making sweeping statements regarding the international political scene.
I am not the person pretending Israel doesn't have nukes.

I am not the one denying what happened during Yom Kippur- how it was that the USA started delivering weapons, what leverage Golda Meir had on the USA to get weapons and spares in the middle of the war when we were supposed to be "neutral".

I am not the one that pretends that the Israel attack on OUR ship- the Liberty- was accidental.

I can read.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't a veteran during 1973 or you would remember DefConIII.
PS: I served on a warship; you spent your time on shore duty. I was on the front lines of the Cold War... you spent your time repairing Simpson 260s.
I was at NAVCOMMSTA Asmara,[then Ethiopia] Eritrea '72 thru '74. Our offensive and defensive weapons consisted of M1 Garands, old Browning BARs and some 1911A1 .45s ... I remember being very busy when Kissinger was in the Middle East doing his "shuttle diplomacy" thing, presumably after the Yom Kuppur conflict. In the nuclear "DEFCON" game we were non-players. I did my job everyday and went home. Women, partying, horses and motorcycles occupied my free time. I admit to being blissfully unaware and unconcerned about the world situation. I was as far from the "front lines of the cold war" as you could possibly get. Eritrean guerrillas occasionally heated things up in their struggle for independence, but they did not bother us at all. I joined the Navy to get on a warship, I asked for assignment to a destroyer ... it didn't work out. If you know how BUNAVPERS works ... you can explain that to me sometimes. I think it has something to do with sending you the OPPOSITE of what you ask for.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, coffee comes out of my nostrils: you are a joke.
You don't know what you are talking about, I am happy to point out your ignorance.
You keep stamping your feet, insisting how angry I am.
I'll continue sipping coffee.
I was referring to the destruction of your logic processors. Psychopaths are rarely "angry" in the conventional sense.

Look ... you are clearly informed about the history of the Middle East. Congratulations. That and a dime used to get you a cup of coffee ... well, in the old days maybe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at NAVCOMMSTA Asmara,[then Ethiopia] Eritrea '72 thru '74..
You were heavily sedated if you cannot remember DefConIII.

There have been TWO occasions in US history: once, Cuban Missile Crisis. Second time: Yom Kippur when Golda Meir threatened to use nukes knowing the Soviets were listening.

Shall I describe to you what the key to the safe looks like? the key the Officer of the Deck wore around his neck- the safe containing the codes to the nukes that we carried?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
In the nuclear "DEFCON" game we were non-players.
I don't know what rock you were hiding behind.

If you can't remember the USA going to DefConIII...

I said we have gone twice- I say twice in that there were two real occasions, not the pretend reason Bush came up with, should you care to look it up.

Two times when the USA and the USSR pulled the pins and made ready to use them.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your antisemitism is showing ... again.
I am making this comment without knowing the context of the overall conversation - but I don't think it's antisemitic to suggest that Israel's nuclear cache should be inspected once in a while.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
< I joined the Navy to get on a warship, I asked for assignment to a destroyer ... it didn't work out.
And I asked to go to Vietnam and be assigned to a river boat because I thought they were cool but since I weighed less than 150 pounds and since I scored in the top one percent of foreign language aptitude in boot I went somewhere else.

But I guess it is okay when you ding my service to this country and cry about it when I do it to you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I asked to go to Vietnam and be assigned to a river boat because I thought they were cool but since I weighed less than 150 pounds and since I scored in the top one percent of foreign language aptitude in boot I went somewhere else.
But I guess it is okay when you ding my service to this country and cry about it when I do it to you.
Liars always have to cite their soldier credentials. Its sad that they think this will suddently magically make all their lies about god into truths all of the sudden.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars always have to cite their soldier credentials.
Not a soldier.

It could have been worse: you could have accused me of being English.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Says the loser using a British war hero for his profile picture.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Not a soldier.

It could have been worse: you could have accused me of being English.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,541 - 38,560 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••