In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,927)

Showing posts 38,521 - 38,540 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Körner, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Gods shoeshine wrote:
<quoted text>
hitler killed religious people he hated Christians and sent them to the camps
Hitler made deals with the pope. Hitler was a catholic. He never denounced his believe. The pope and the clergery prayed for the victory of the nazis.
Henry

Körner, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to pretend I was talking about the House of Lords.
I have over a year history addressing the appointment of Lords Spiritual. I have never ever not once said they were members of the House of Commons.
Now we all know you are a habitual liar who takes forever to admit he is wrong, even when I make you look the fool you are.
Ultimately... the QUEEN makes these appointments (those that are not appointed... and these appointments were made ultimately by a monarch) and do correct me if I am wrong, the Queen is the head of the Church of England.
The Queen is one of the richest one at least in England.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As you yourself noted: your lack of education has hurt you some.
It shows.
It is clear that whatever your education level, it has somehow left you stunted and bitter.
Henry

Körner, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and Romney are the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Surely, Obama and Romney has the same "Lords"! The super rich one dirigate USA, no other ones. The murder of JFK and many other American presidents who did not dance after the pipe of the super rich got murdered. American elections are nothing else except a big fake for most of the American voters.
Henry

Körner, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Gods shoeshine wrote:
Ww2 is an embarrassing period for America we put japs in concentration camps and after the war was over starved around 2 million pow's to death under orders of Gen Ike
Don`t forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki! This were the biggest war crimes for the US!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't come back.
Now that's just plain mean. I'm a veteran, a father and a (long-time) tax payer. Which of these things cause you to hate me so? Were you drummed out of the military? Been rejected by all potential mates? Perhaps you are a recipient, rather than a contributor to the public trough. It does serve to illustrate how quickly and willingly you depart reasonable discourse. I pity you.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely, Obama and Romney has the same "Lords"! The super rich one dirigate USA, no other ones. The murder of JFK and many other American presidents who did not dance after the pipe of the super rich got murdered. American elections are nothing else except a big fake for most of the American voters.
I fear that you are close to the truth here, mein freund.
Henry

Körner, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Gods shoeshine wrote:
Ww2 is an embarrassing period for America we put japs in concentration camps and after the war was over starved around 2 million pow's to death under orders of Gen Ike
And somewhat later made Eisenhower to US president.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Don`t forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki! This were the biggest war crimes for the US!
Horrifying acts to be sure! I try to look at those two nuclear attacks as if I were a American Soldier, weary from a long Pacific Campaign and contemplating my chances of surviving an invasion of the Japanese Homeland. I would imagine then, that their use and the resulting capitulation and surrender were very good things.

In any case, the country that developed and delivered those weapons, the soldiers whose lives were saved by their use ... all dead now. The resulting "Baby Boomers" are even now suffering the pains of old age as we watch our country rot away around us. Punishment enough.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
And somewhat later made Eisenhower to US president.
Okay. We starved 2 million POW's to death under the orders of General Eisenhower? That's a new one on me and I'm afraid that such a statement qualifies for "extraordinary evidence" under the Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence rule.

I long for the days when our presidents were drawn from good, clean, military stock. Good leaders, men with courage and integrity ... where have all the flowers gone?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
Lie to me once... shame on you.
Lie to me with every post: shame on me to believe anything you say.
You got me! Everything I say is a lie!!

<smoke and sparks begin to come out of Barefoot's ears>

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
so saying that israel got nukes and wants to use them on iran is antisemitism ?
Oh and did you NOT NOTICE the comparison of Israel with North Korea ... another dangerous rogue state? Yeah, Barfy ... along with the Arabs and a growing number of American manipulators and manipulatees have it in for poor, old Israel ... I'm really not that big a fan ... just smell something fishy, some "New World Order" mind-fuking going on. Not sure why or by whom but something ...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
so saying that israel got nukes and wants to use them on iran is antisemitism ?
I am saying you are an antisemite.

Why do you need translation of English sentences that aren't even ten words long?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmm ... it was either the Yom Kippur War or the year they released the preliminary script for the movie Wargames.
Ymmm.

I asked you a simple question:

Why did the USA and the USSR go to DefConIII in 1973?

If you had served in 1973, you'd remember DefConIII.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot has accused me of antisemitism several times in the past ... turn-a-bout is fair play.
You are an antisemite.

I don't care what you accuse me of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
I certainly would not presume to know if Israel has nuclear weapons, how many nor their intended target.
You would be the only person on this planet who thought he could pretend that it doesn't, or that Israel didn't explode a weapon with the cooperation of South Africa, and you could not have served in 1973 when Israel threatened to use nukes on Cairo and Damascus while it was losing the Yom Kippur War.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<History has shown that the IDF does not need nuclear weapons to kick Arab butt.
The IDF does not have problems when they concentrate their attack women and children and unarmed civilian populations- as they did when they broke the truce with the Palestinians and attacked the GAZA.

However, they do not do so well against armed forces- such as when the last time they broke international law and when into Lebanon, even though they still managed to kill tens of thousands they were repelled by Hezbollah.

And that is putting aside that do need billions of dollars from the US taxpayers to pay for the weapons they use- most illegally, and some in violation of international law, such as using white phosphorous on people and dropping cluster bombs on civilian populations (dropping them in cities).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me! Everything I say is a lie!!
<smoke and sparks begin to come out of Barefoot's ears>
No, coffee comes out of my nostrils: you are a joke.

You don't know what you are talking about, I am happy to point out your ignorance.

You keep stamping your feet, insisting how angry I am.

I'll continue sipping coffee.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and did you NOT NOTICE the comparison of Israel with North Korea ... another dangerous rogue state?
Tell us, Booby: has Israel signed the treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons? Has North Korea?

Which states have attacked US warships in international water since WWII?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrifying acts to be sure! I try to look at those two nuclear attacks as if I were a American Soldier, weary from a long Pacific Campaign and contemplating my chances of surviving an invasion of the Japanese Homeland.
Japan was ready to surrender.

US dropped the nukes as a demonstration to the Russians- to Stalin. They were dropped in early August because Stalin declared war on Japan that week.

These are history.

Japan was ready to surrender. They were most concerned with having their emperor stand for war crimes trial. The US insisted on unconditional surrender (that they intended to put him on trial). They dropped the bombs; Japan surrendered (and the USA ended up not putting the emperor on trial, they needed him to help control the civilian population).

Read, Boooby.

You use your imagination instead of reading, Booby.

Smoke coming out of your ears, hon?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,521 - 38,540 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••