In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,925)

Showing posts 38,481 - 38,500 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
At least Bush, in his misguided, knee-jerk reactions was acting in what HE THOUGHT were the best interests of the country.
Bush started the Bush war in Iraq to get a leg up in the 2004 election.

Period.

We are paying for it now.

You want to whine about tough times- calling my country a third world country- get out, Booby. You need to go to a third world country because sitting around on your fat whining ass to long and you need to see what life is like.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Becoming a joke?
Barefoot has always been a joke.
A troll with OCD and cognitive disorder.
Sorry - my mistake.

Something of an understatement on my part.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your repeating bs doesn't make it true.
Still waiting for you to show us these loopholes.

We already know draft dodger Romney wants to cut his taxes and mostly for the upper class five trillion dollars: now show us the loopholes he says will pay for them.

Name them.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to show us these loopholes.
We already know draft dodger Romney wants to cut his taxes and mostly for the upper class five trillion dollars: now show us the loopholes he says will pay for them.
Name them.

Apparently you didn't watch the debate and are making the same statements Obama kept repeating despite Mitt telling him he wouldn't cut taxes on anyone especially the upper class who would do fine regardless of who was president. What he said was he would provide tax incentives for businesses and tax relief to the middle class. Maybe you should hear it from him.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1878836236001/excl...

Of course to perpetuate you lie's you will say you don't debate videos. But what you really mean is you will say what you want no matter what the truth is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
But what you really mean is you will say what you want no matter what the truth is.
The truth is: you don't know what the loopholes are because Ropmney doesn't know what they are.

NAME ONE LOOPHOLE.

Your goal is: reach $5 trillion

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't come up with anything new, Chubby?
Maybe you should take a notebook out with you on those long walks instead of a hoagie.
You know that your attempted insults get nowhere, but you continue doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome.

Your opinion is worth nothing to me as I have no respect for you. But you keep it up. It shows what you're made of.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet when we highlight the state laws that discriminate against atheists, barefoot strangely abandons the literal interpretation and broadens his scope to consider what actually happens.
This demonstrates the fact that he's only here to pursue the pointless argument.
Correct again.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You admitted you didn't want to see non Christian religion being put up on the walls of government buildings or public property.
You are this a hypocrite who is indeed in line with Christians. No surprise seeing as how you support the stem cell fighting Christian think tank Discovery Institute.
<quoted text>
Everyone already knew Buck was a Christian. There's no surprise there.

I asked those pointed questions for a reason, and I got the answer I expected. No fundie Christian wants anyone to have rights but them.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like when I was screaming "I am right" when I said the Queen alone had the power to dissolve the UK Parliament and you deftly joined with SuperFag in saying that I was wrong...
Tell me, Chubby: who has the power to dissolve the UK Parliament?
We can work our way down to the next question (it's a two parter): Who is the head of the Church of England and who appoints the members to the House of Lords?
No one has argued with you on these points. Your stale, outdated, OCD, pompous postings are dull and boring to the extreme.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Correct again.
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled all laws requiring religious tests for any political office unconstitutional.

Over here in the USA, the SCOTUS out ranks individual state legislatures.

That is why you cannot find any case of any politician from holding office because of his/her beliefs (or lack there of).

This would differ from the UK law requiring collective Christian worship in state funded schools because
(A) UK has no constitution
(B) UK has no Supreme Court
(C) the UK is not a secular country
(D) the head of state is the head of the state religion
(E) the law was modified in 2010 and still valid right now

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
No one has argued with you on these points.
They have, NympHO.

Maybe you need to keep track of what people say to you and less what people say to me, especially when you or your aliases are not here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You know that your attempted insults.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, HOney.

I think it's amusing you fling insults but whine so when it is returned.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
Your opinion is worth nothing to me as I have no respect for you.
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh how will I survive this?

Yet you continue to care enough to respond or like you did in the fourth grade, respond in the third person.

I shall try, SweetCheeks, to get through the day, to put one foot in front of the other, to trudge on... nevertheless...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Atheism is shrinking.

†ruth is that †here just aren't †hat many atheists in America.
Don't feel bad †hough, you're still protected under our Christian system of government and our constitution.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled all laws requiring religious tests for any political office unconstitutional.
Over here in the USA, the SCOTUS out ranks individual state legislatures.
That is why you cannot find any case of any politician from holding office because of his/her beliefs (or lack there of).
This would differ from the UK law requiring collective Christian worship in state funded schools because
(A) UK has no constitution
(B) UK has no Supreme Court
(C) the UK is not a secular country
(D) the head of state is the head of the state religion
(E) the law was modified in 2010 and still valid right now
blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws and not reality blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws and not reality blah blah blah

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have, NympHO.
Maybe you need to keep track of what people say to you and less what people say to me, especially when you or your aliases are not here.
I keep track just fine. Their argument is not about the what the laws say, it is how they are implemented or not implemented. You want to argue, so you do.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Booby: we know you don't speak English and we know you cannot refute what I say, it is why you spend your time with straw men.
If you think the US is a third world country, get the hell out.
No translation needed.
Slowly now ... Obama is set on making this (USA) a Third World country. I did not say it is currently a Third World country.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot that Bin Ladin is dead.
Bin Laden- the guy Bush let slip through his fingers in Tora Bora - and a long list of other Al Qaeda leaders.
The Bush War is Iraq is over, BTW: it was in all the papers.
The five years of bloodshed war Bush started to get a leg up in the 2004 election. No more bloodshed in Iraq.
Bin Laden was doomed. If not terminated under this Administration, it would have been the next or even the next ...

Maybe Obama's apologies, bowing, gesticulating, averted glances, ring kissing and curtsies threw the Muslims off and he thus contributed ... but, I don't know. Sounds kind of far fetched.

Wow. Bush started a war and squandered American lives "to get a leg up in the 2004 election" ... gosh ... your evidence must be compelling. Surely he's under arrest! Oh, wait!! No, pretty sure he's drawing his guvmint pension and ain't got a care in the world.

Oh, BTW ... check the news ... seems September was the "bloodiest month in 2 years" in peaceful Iraq ... not sure I'd plan your vacation there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws and not reality blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws
blah blah blah endlessly whine about repeating laws you deny exist blah blal blah thinking how you feel matters blah blaha blah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Bin Laden was doomed.
Killed by Obama administration along with a long list of other Al Qaeda leaders due to the dozens of drone kills in Yemen, Afghanistan, and and Pakistan.

Yet you continue to insist Obama has done nothing... compared to Bush who let Bin Laden escape and started the war in Iraq that would kill 4488 Americans and 125,000 Iraqis.

And did nothing to stop terrorist which he pretended to be the cause of the war.

The war that we are still paying for, you do remember the Bush recession?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,481 - 38,500 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••