In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39889 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
Wow. Bush started a war and squandered American lives "to get a leg up in the 2004 election" ... gosh ... your evidence must be compelling. Surely he's under arrest!
You find any WMDs yet, Booby?

Since: Aug 12

Dickson, TN

#39890 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You find any WMDs yet, Booby?
Look in Israel

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#39891 Oct 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You know that your attempted insults get nowhere, but you continue doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome.
Your opinion is worth nothing to me as I have no respect for you. But you keep it up. It shows what you're made of.
That's just it.

You have to respect someone before you value their opinion and the rantings of a deranged obsessive like barefoot, engender no respect whatsoever.

Last time I looked he was averaging approximately 76 posts a day. No doubt he'll be trying to push that average up to 80.

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

#39892 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Slowly now ... Obama is set on making this (USA) a Third World country. I did not say it is currently a Third World country.
Not really...Sterilization, contraceptive use and abortion, PLANNED PARENTHOOD, will keep the U.S. from going into savage, third world, breeding mode where women with capacious vaginal dimensions and zero education plus low IQs squirt out semen demons, miserable crotch droppings, into the streets...See third world CATHOLIC countries...Obama is absolutely right in the support of Planned Parenthood but he does not go far enough in encouraging a culture of contraception, sterilization and abortion....and that's where my LIBERTARIAN support ends. Until breeding practices are called into question, all else is white noise. Glory!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#39893 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how hard you stomp your feet, heads of state bow to each other. Bush bowed and even kissed some of them. Reagan bowed. Eisenhower bowed. Nixon bowed.
And Romney has already gotten to his knees when he graveled before Netanhaha... because the US tax payers haven't given the Israelis enough.
Yeah but did they kiss a man like Obunga?

http://mrsgrapevine.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#39894 Oct 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah but did they kiss a man like Obunga?
http://mrsgrapevine.com/wp-content/uploads/20...
What?!!!!!

(Al accidentally spits his coffee out in shock)

Nah uhh!!!!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39895 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Killed by Obama administration along with a long list of other Al Qaeda leaders due to the dozens of drone kills in Yemen, Afghanistan, and and Pakistan.
Yet you continue to insist Obama has done nothing... compared to Bush who let Bin Laden escape and started the war in Iraq that would kill 4488 Americans and 125,000 Iraqis.
And did nothing to stop terrorist which he pretended to be the cause of the war.
The war that we are still paying for, you do remember the Bush recession?
As far as I'm concerned, there are so many layers between a President and any kind of "op" they deserve none of the credit and all of the blame.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39896 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You find any WMDs yet, Booby?
Bush made decisions based on bad intelligence data. Getting good intelligence data out of closed Islamic societies / dictatorships is difficult at best. Who do you blame? Bush? The CIA? The State Department? My recollection of the atmosphere post-9/11 was impatience ... we wanted some asses kicked and soon. Bush obliged. I really think demonizing Bush and learning to tolerate / kiss Islam ass ain't the right move. Why don't we blame the crackpots who attacked us? What's wrong with that idea?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39897 Oct 6, 2012
AmericasBestChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really...Sterilization, contraceptive use and abortion, PLANNED PARENTHOOD, will keep the U.S. from going into savage, third world, breeding mode where women with capacious vaginal dimensions and zero education plus low IQs squirt out semen demons, miserable crotch droppings, into the streets...See third world CATHOLIC countries...Obama is absolutely right in the support of Planned Parenthood but he does not go far enough in encouraging a culture of contraception, sterilization and abortion....and that's where my LIBERTARIAN support ends. Until breeding practices are called into question, all else is white noise. Glory!
Wow. You have very interesting views and quite a way with words! Planned Parenthood sounds like common sense to me.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#39898 Oct 6, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!!!!!
(Al accidentally spits his coffee out in shock)
Nah uhh!!!!!
Pray Jesus takes your eyes Al.

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#39899 Oct 6, 2012
Well said indeed.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone already knew Buck was a Christian. There's no surprise there.

I asked those pointed questions for a reason, and I got the answer I expected. No fundie Christian wants anyone to have rights but them.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39900 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush made decisions based on bad intelligence data.
Bad intelligence?

Bush & Cheney created the intelligence. When the CIA told them there wasn't anything there, they hadn't it back to them and insisted there was.

They then shopped the intelligence around Europe and said "hey, all these guys think there's WMDs and connections to Al Qaeda!"

The Bush War was created and timed EXACTLY for the 2004 election. The plan was: quick victory.

SLAM DUNK.

Ring a bell?

The cost of the wars was put on the next administration- and that was after cutting the taxes and after turning a budget surplus into a budget deficit.

Pick up a book, azzwipe. Well- as you have stated: you don't consider education your strongest suite.

Best you just leave, you aren't doing this country any favors by staying.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39901 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
My recollection of the atmosphere post-9/11 was impatience ... we wanted some asses kicked and soon. Bush obliged.
It is the racist bigoted dumphugs like yourself that manage to get this country into one war after another and rather than learn from the mistake (going back not even ten years) Romney is again ready to take this country into a war- willing to sacrifice young lives... except none in his family, of course... since no one in his family has ever served.

Ever.

Most pointedly, his dodging the draft in the 60s and telling that gee he sure wanted to serve... while chilling in France... though he certainly only needed to stop asking for deferments.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39902 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the racist bigoted dumphugs like yourself that manage to get this country into one war after another and rather than learn from the mistake (going back not even ten years) Romney is again ready to take this country into a war- willing to sacrifice young lives... except none in his family, of course... since no one in his family has ever served.
Ever.
Most pointedly, his dodging the draft in the 60s and telling that gee he sure wanted to serve... while chilling in France... though he certainly only needed to stop asking for deferments.
Believe me ... there's no Romney stickers around here. He reminds me of a used car salesman.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39903 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad intelligence?
Bush & Cheney created the intelligence. When the CIA told them there wasn't anything there, they hadn't it back to them and insisted there was.
They then shopped the intelligence around Europe and said "hey, all these guys think there's WMDs and connections to Al Qaeda!"
The Bush War was created and timed EXACTLY for the 2004 election. The plan was: quick victory.
SLAM DUNK.
Ring a bell?
The cost of the wars was put on the next administration- and that was after cutting the taxes and after turning a budget surplus into a budget deficit.
Pick up a book, azzwipe. Well- as you have stated: you don't consider education your strongest suite.
Best you just leave, you aren't doing this country any favors by staying.
Well, they certainly had SCUD missiles capable of delivering chemical, nuclear or biological warheads to Israel. You can't tell from satellite photos what kind of warheads are attached so you have to assume the worst. That's just common sense.

I've already left the country 40 or 50 times ... nothing improved. I'd be happy to visit your town thus increasing the average intelligence considerably, if only for a little while. I'm afraid their best hope for long term improvement involves you leaving.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39904 Oct 6, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Atheism is shrinking.
†ruth is that †here just aren't †hat many atheists in America.
Don't feel bad †hough, you're still protected under our Christian system of government and our constitution.
"Stuff's gettin better"
2012
Wow. Somebody else that likes that movie. Too bad it's a godbot.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39905 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me ... there's no Romney stickers around here..
I don't believe you.

Lie to me once... shame on you.

Lie to me with every post: shame on me to believe anything you say.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39906 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they certainly had SCUD missiles
so what?

Israel has a couple hundred nuclear weapons and won't allow the international community to inspect them- like North Korea, and Israel has already threaten the US it would use them.

Bush (& Cheney) insisted they would find WMDs and they did not.

There were no WMDs.

If they had an ounce of honor, they would have resigned.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39907 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
so what?
Israel has a couple hundred nuclear weapons and won't allow the international community to inspect them- like North Korea, and Israel has already threaten the US it would use them.
Bush (& Cheney) insisted they would find WMDs and they did not.
There were no WMDs.
If they had an ounce of honor, they would have resigned.
Your antisemitism is showing ... again.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39908 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your antisemitism is showing ... again.
Do you know why the USA and the USSR were at DefConIII in 1973?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min thetruth 238,949
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 30 min thetruth 7,220
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 37 min thetruth 92
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 4 hr NoahLovesU 7,435
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Thu thetruth 29
News .com | What hope is there without God? Wed Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web