In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39875 Oct 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Correct again.
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled all laws requiring religious tests for any political office unconstitutional.

Over here in the USA, the SCOTUS out ranks individual state legislatures.

That is why you cannot find any case of any politician from holding office because of his/her beliefs (or lack there of).

This would differ from the UK law requiring collective Christian worship in state funded schools because
(A) UK has no constitution
(B) UK has no Supreme Court
(C) the UK is not a secular country
(D) the head of state is the head of the state religion
(E) the law was modified in 2010 and still valid right now

Location hidden

#39876 Oct 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
No one has argued with you on these points.
They have, NympHO.

Maybe you need to keep track of what people say to you and less what people say to me, especially when you or your aliases are not here.

Location hidden

#39877 Oct 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You know that your attempted insults.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, HOney.

I think it's amusing you fling insults but whine so when it is returned.

Location hidden

#39878 Oct 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
Your opinion is worth nothing to me as I have no respect for you.
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh how will I survive this?

Yet you continue to care enough to respond or like you did in the fourth grade, respond in the third person.

I shall try, SweetCheeks, to get through the day, to put one foot in front of the other, to trudge on... nevertheless...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#39879 Oct 6, 2012
Atheism is shrinking.

†ruth is that †here just aren't †hat many atheists in America.
Don't feel bad †hough, you're still protected under our Christian system of government and our constitution.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#39880 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled all laws requiring religious tests for any political office unconstitutional.
Over here in the USA, the SCOTUS out ranks individual state legislatures.
That is why you cannot find any case of any politician from holding office because of his/her beliefs (or lack there of).
This would differ from the UK law requiring collective Christian worship in state funded schools because
(A) UK has no constitution
(B) UK has no Supreme Court
(C) the UK is not a secular country
(D) the head of state is the head of the state religion
(E) the law was modified in 2010 and still valid right now
blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws and not reality blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws and not reality blah blah blah

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#39881 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have, NympHO.
Maybe you need to keep track of what people say to you and less what people say to me, especially when you or your aliases are not here.
I keep track just fine. Their argument is not about the what the laws say, it is how they are implemented or not implemented. You want to argue, so you do.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39882 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Booby: we know you don't speak English and we know you cannot refute what I say, it is why you spend your time with straw men.
If you think the US is a third world country, get the hell out.
No translation needed.
Slowly now ... Obama is set on making this (USA) a Third World country. I did not say it is currently a Third World country.

Texas, USA

#39883 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot that Bin Ladin is dead.
Bin Laden- the guy Bush let slip through his fingers in Tora Bora - and a long list of other Al Qaeda leaders.
The Bush War is Iraq is over, BTW: it was in all the papers.
The five years of bloodshed war Bush started to get a leg up in the 2004 election. No more bloodshed in Iraq.
Bin Laden was doomed. If not terminated under this Administration, it would have been the next or even the next ...

Maybe Obama's apologies, bowing, gesticulating, averted glances, ring kissing and curtsies threw the Muslims off and he thus contributed ... but, I don't know. Sounds kind of far fetched.

Wow. Bush started a war and squandered American lives "to get a leg up in the 2004 election" ... gosh ... your evidence must be compelling. Surely he's under arrest! Oh, wait!! No, pretty sure he's drawing his guvmint pension and ain't got a care in the world.

Oh, BTW ... check the news ... seems September was the "bloodiest month in 2 years" in peaceful Iraq ... not sure I'd plan your vacation there.

Location hidden

#39884 Oct 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws and not reality blah blah blah endlessly repeat laws
blah blah blah endlessly whine about repeating laws you deny exist blah blal blah thinking how you feel matters blah blaha blah.

Location hidden

#39886 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Bin Laden was doomed.
Killed by Obama administration along with a long list of other Al Qaeda leaders due to the dozens of drone kills in Yemen, Afghanistan, and and Pakistan.

Yet you continue to insist Obama has done nothing... compared to Bush who let Bin Laden escape and started the war in Iraq that would kill 4488 Americans and 125,000 Iraqis.

And did nothing to stop terrorist which he pretended to be the cause of the war.

The war that we are still paying for, you do remember the Bush recession?

Dickson, TN

#39887 Oct 6, 2012
Osama was reported dead 8 years ago

Location hidden

#39888 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
even the next ...
Maybe Obama's apologies, bowing,.
No matter how hard you stomp your feet, heads of state bow to each other. Bush bowed and even kissed some of them. Reagan bowed. Eisenhower bowed. Nixon bowed.

And Romney has already gotten to his knees when he graveled before Netanhaha... because the US tax payers haven't given the Israelis enough.

Location hidden

#39889 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
Wow. Bush started a war and squandered American lives "to get a leg up in the 2004 election" ... gosh ... your evidence must be compelling. Surely he's under arrest!
You find any WMDs yet, Booby?

Dickson, TN

#39890 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You find any WMDs yet, Booby?
Look in Israel

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#39891 Oct 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You know that your attempted insults get nowhere, but you continue doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome.
Your opinion is worth nothing to me as I have no respect for you. But you keep it up. It shows what you're made of.
That's just it.

You have to respect someone before you value their opinion and the rantings of a deranged obsessive like barefoot, engender no respect whatsoever.

Last time I looked he was averaging approximately 76 posts a day. No doubt he'll be trying to push that average up to 80.

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

#39892 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Slowly now ... Obama is set on making this (USA) a Third World country. I did not say it is currently a Third World country.
Not really...Sterilization, contraceptive use and abortion, PLANNED PARENTHOOD, will keep the U.S. from going into savage, third world, breeding mode where women with capacious vaginal dimensions and zero education plus low IQs squirt out semen demons, miserable crotch droppings, into the streets...See third world CATHOLIC countries...Obama is absolutely right in the support of Planned Parenthood but he does not go far enough in encouraging a culture of contraception, sterilization and abortion....and that's where my LIBERTARIAN support ends. Until breeding practices are called into question, all else is white noise. Glory!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#39893 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how hard you stomp your feet, heads of state bow to each other. Bush bowed and even kissed some of them. Reagan bowed. Eisenhower bowed. Nixon bowed.
And Romney has already gotten to his knees when he graveled before Netanhaha... because the US tax payers haven't given the Israelis enough.
Yeah but did they kiss a man like Obunga?

http://mrsgrapevine.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#39894 Oct 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah but did they kiss a man like Obunga?
http://mrsgrapevine.com/wp-content/uploads/20...
What?!!!!!

(Al accidentally spits his coffee out in shock)

Nah uhh!!!!!

Texas, USA

#39895 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Killed by Obama administration along with a long list of other Al Qaeda leaders due to the dozens of drone kills in Yemen, Afghanistan, and and Pakistan.
Yet you continue to insist Obama has done nothing... compared to Bush who let Bin Laden escape and started the war in Iraq that would kill 4488 Americans and 125,000 Iraqis.
And did nothing to stop terrorist which he pretended to be the cause of the war.
The war that we are still paying for, you do remember the Bush recession?
As far as I'm concerned, there are so many layers between a President and any kind of "op" they deserve none of the credit and all of the blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 18 min Patrick 22,126
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr Patrick 19
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr Patrick 189
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr KiMare 227,416
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 71
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 8 hr Patrick 42
Atheism 101: What's the most aggravating argume... 13 hr Patrick n Angela 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••