In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,924)

Showing posts 38,461 - 38,480 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
< Ron Paul exposed him as the puppet
Ron Paul- the bigot who came in tenth place in this election?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he does.
He just hasn't told anyone what it is yet.
Except, of course... that it's better then Obama's...
Of course he has.

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/default/files...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
Of course he has.
Of course he hasn't.

He has announced a five trillion dollar tax cuts and has told us how he is going to pay for it.

What we know for sure: he will cut his tax rate- which is already 13 percent, half of what the middle class pays- to less than one percent.

He wants to take us back to the trickle down economics of the Bush administration which got us all into this mess in the first place.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he hasn't.
He has announced a five trillion dollar tax cuts and has told us how he is going to pay for it.
What we know for sure: he will cut his tax rate- which is already 13 percent, half of what the middle class pays- to less than one percent.
He wants to take us back to the trickle down economics of the Bush administration which got us all into this mess in the first place.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Your repeating bs doesn't make it true.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Number of votes changed: Zero.
Today's news: unemployment drops to 7.8 percent.
Now Theres A Zinger.....Chicago Style Thugery.

Ive Never Seen Such Manipulation To Try To Save A Sinking Ship.
Even CNN Asked Why The Lies ?

Guess You Cant Blame Odumbo For Trying.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take this the wrong way, Boobby Hill, but you are an idiot.
A bigot, a racist, but an idiot.
No one is being encouraged to be idle, no one.
The economy is in bad shape because the idiot predecessor to the current president took this country into two wars and at the same time- though there was a trillion dollar cost to the wars- cut the taxes for the millionaires and put the payments for the wars on the current president.
This is reflect- in the real world, on this planet, in this dimension- by the recession at the end of 2008.
You are not getting any smarter as you get older, Booby Hill.
No worries. Translated from Barefoot Doublethink, that means I'm most likely an open-minded genius. It's interesting that you apparently hold blameless the monstrous acts of the fundamentalist religious whacko's whose suicidal acts of violence precipitated both wars. Let us "set aside" the fact that your hero currently occupying the White House has done NOTHING to stop the bloodshed, either from our National Treasury or the tattered bodies of our young men and women in the armed services. Perpetuating and amplifying Bush's mistakes ... wow ... what a guy. At least Bush, in his misguided, knee-jerk reactions was acting in what HE THOUGHT were the best interests of the country. Tell me ... how does it feel to be a Marionette for the Establishment? Do those strings on your wrists and jaw chafe? Dance little puppet! DANCE!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. Translated from Barefoot Doublethink, that means I'm most likely an open-minded genius. It's interesting that you apparently hold blameless the monstrous acts of the fundamentalist religious whacko's whose suicidal acts of violence precipitated both wars. Let us "set aside" the fact that your hero currently occupying the White House has done NOTHING to stop the bloodshed, either from our National Treasury or the tattered bodies of our young men and women in the armed services. Perpetuating and amplifying Bush's mistakes ... wow ... what a guy. At least Bush, in his misguided, knee-jerk reactions was acting in what HE THOUGHT were the best interests of the country. Tell me ... how does it feel to be a Marionette for the Establishment? Do those strings on your wrists and jaw chafe? Dance little puppet! DANCE!!!!
Lol

barefoot's become a joke.

It's funny watching him desperately try to upset as many people as he can.

Since: Aug 12

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Your repeating bs doesn't make it true.
Tell him about the UN

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
barefoot's become a joke.
It's funny watching him desperately try to upset as many people as he can.
Becoming a joke?

Barefoot has always been a joke.

A troll with OCD and cognitive disorder.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Malakal wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am6ft2in 215lbs ex Army Ranger special ops platoon.I can benchpress 400 lbs..And I am fighting for freedom and equality and the constitution "
LOL
Is this an X-Box character?
LOL
he is mocking wolf boy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. Translated from Barefoot Doublethink, that means I'm most likely an open-minded genius.
Well, Booby: we know you don't speak English and we know you cannot refute what I say, it is why you spend your time with straw men.

If you think the US is a third world country, get the hell out.

No translation needed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
Let us "set aside" the fact that your hero currently occupying the White House has done NOTHING to stop the bloodshed,
I guess you forgot that Bin Ladin is dead.

Bin Laden- the guy Bush let slip through his fingers in Tora Bora - and a long list of other Al Qaeda leaders.

The Bush War is Iraq is over, BTW: it was in all the papers.

The five years of bloodshed war Bush started to get a leg up in the 2004 election. No more bloodshed in Iraq.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
At least Bush, in his misguided, knee-jerk reactions was acting in what HE THOUGHT were the best interests of the country.
Bush started the Bush war in Iraq to get a leg up in the 2004 election.

Period.

We are paying for it now.

You want to whine about tough times- calling my country a third world country- get out, Booby. You need to go to a third world country because sitting around on your fat whining ass to long and you need to see what life is like.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Becoming a joke?
Barefoot has always been a joke.
A troll with OCD and cognitive disorder.
Sorry - my mistake.

Something of an understatement on my part.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your repeating bs doesn't make it true.
Still waiting for you to show us these loopholes.

We already know draft dodger Romney wants to cut his taxes and mostly for the upper class five trillion dollars: now show us the loopholes he says will pay for them.

Name them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to show us these loopholes.
We already know draft dodger Romney wants to cut his taxes and mostly for the upper class five trillion dollars: now show us the loopholes he says will pay for them.
Name them.

Apparently you didn't watch the debate and are making the same statements Obama kept repeating despite Mitt telling him he wouldn't cut taxes on anyone especially the upper class who would do fine regardless of who was president. What he said was he would provide tax incentives for businesses and tax relief to the middle class. Maybe you should hear it from him.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1878836236001/excl...

Of course to perpetuate you lie's you will say you don't debate videos. But what you really mean is you will say what you want no matter what the truth is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
But what you really mean is you will say what you want no matter what the truth is.
The truth is: you don't know what the loopholes are because Ropmney doesn't know what they are.

NAME ONE LOOPHOLE.

Your goal is: reach $5 trillion

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't come up with anything new, Chubby?
Maybe you should take a notebook out with you on those long walks instead of a hoagie.
You know that your attempted insults get nowhere, but you continue doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome.

Your opinion is worth nothing to me as I have no respect for you. But you keep it up. It shows what you're made of.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet when we highlight the state laws that discriminate against atheists, barefoot strangely abandons the literal interpretation and broadens his scope to consider what actually happens.
This demonstrates the fact that he's only here to pursue the pointless argument.
Correct again.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You admitted you didn't want to see non Christian religion being put up on the walls of government buildings or public property.
You are this a hypocrite who is indeed in line with Christians. No surprise seeing as how you support the stem cell fighting Christian think tank Discovery Institute.
<quoted text>
Everyone already knew Buck was a Christian. There's no surprise there.

I asked those pointed questions for a reason, and I got the answer I expected. No fundie Christian wants anyone to have rights but them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,461 - 38,480 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Aura Mytha 223,052
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Igor Trip 24
Why do i deserve no respect. 1 hr EdSed 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr Mikko 21,328
Introducing The Universal Religion 22 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Wed Buck Crick 324
•••
•••