In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
38,361 - 38,380 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Borefoot's a draft dodger?
Sure he is, because you say so it must be so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't, but I'm not surprised.
No... you are gullible.

And we know you have no problem swallowing seaman.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Look at them.
Let's make a list of all the leaders he's snubbed...
So far on draft dodger's Romney world tour, he was up to two out of three.
Actually Peaceful Nobel Peace Prize Winner Criticizes Obama
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/301404/a...

I Met a 16-Year-Old Kid. 3 Days Later Obama Killed Him

http://www.alternet.org/story/155723/i_met_a_...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Peaceful Nobel Peace Prize Winner Criticizes Obama
Let me know when you find that list of world leaders.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
I Met a 16-Year-Old Kid. 3 Days Later Obama Killed Him
The Bush War cost 125,000 Iranian lives.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are at war with Iran already?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

http://stpeteforpeace.org/obama.html
Signed the NDAA into law - making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.
Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.
Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
Maintained a presence in Iraq even after "ending" the war.
Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.
Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.
Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia.
Opened a military base in Chile.
Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.
Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
Did a TV commercial promoting "clean coal".
Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
The Drone-Happy President: Obama Escalates in Yemen – Again. Obama allows the CIA and the military to fire even when the identity of those who could be killed is not known
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The sad thing is that nothing will change even IF Romney wins.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW . OBAMA is BUSH is ROMNEY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>We are at war with Iran already?
Iraqis.

Iranian would be under Romney.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraqis.
Iranian would be under Romney.
You may be right on that but..

"Obama threatens Iran in UN speech "

http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-iran-president-u...
“That is why a coalition of countries is holding the Iranian government accountable. And that is why the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon,” the president added.
Even though Obama said that he believes in peaceful resolution of the Iranian nuclear crisis, he also underscored that the time is not "unlimited." And if diplomacy doesn't succeed, the US “will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon." The Nobel Peace Prize laureate didn't say the word "war" but his intentions — and the urging from Israel — are all too apparent.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one changed their vote, Fatty.
Do give me a jingle when you find ten million votes.
Nielsen: 67M Viewers for First Presidential Debate

by Associated Press | October 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM | TV News

NEW YORK (AP)— The Nielsen ratings company says an estimated 67.2 million people watched the first debate between President Barack Obama and challenger Mitt Romney, the largest TV audience for a presidential debate since 1992.

Eleven TV networks carried Wednesday night’s debate live. Telemundo showed it on tape delay.

Nielsen says you have to go back to the second debate involving Bill Clinton, George Bush and Ross Perot in 1992 for a more popular presidential debate.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right on that but..
"Obama threatens Iran in UN speech "
http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-iran-president-u...
“That is why a coalition of countries is holding the Iranian government accountable. And that is why the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon,” the president added.
Even though Obama said that he believes in peaceful resolution of the Iranian nuclear crisis, he also underscored that the time is not "unlimited." And if diplomacy doesn't succeed, the US “will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon." The Nobel Peace Prize laureate didn't say the word "war" but his intentions — and the urging from Israel — are all too apparent.
And This Is A Prime Example Of Why I Cant Vote Ron Paul.....You Cant Ignore The Twisted Sand Creatures....They Bite.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
And This Is A Prime Example Of Why I Cant Vote Ron Paul.....You Cant Ignore The Twisted Sand Creatures....They Bite.
You can't vote Ron Paul because he isn't running.
As for the rest of your tallywhackin hog wash...
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/A_New_Da...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want them to debate who gets to throw the boquet?
You're an idiot.
Wow funny.

Tell us, if you were ever to speak in front of kids, what advice would you give them, not to turn out like you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit Built Cars For Decades Without Help From China, Japan, Or Samali Pirates.....Seriously, Converters Could Be Made Out Of Different Materials....GM Took Our Money And Moved Its Business And Jobs Overseas....I Wouldnt Allow Them To Come Back.
I Think They Owe The American People About 40 Billion Or So.
Yes, the Detroit manufacturers made cars without help from China, Japan India, etc.

But that was before the Japanese car manufacturers took over your market.

In 1989, American cars was outsold by Japanese manufacturers - the Detroit manufacturers was simply not delivering a competitive product anymore.

The world knew this, and in 1989, so did the American people.

Bottom line: To make a competitive product, you had to outsource.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like Obama IS?!
That's the funniest comment you've ever posted.

For international trade?

He is not bad.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You might try spelling it correctly before putting it in all CAPS and calling someone else dumbo, dumbo.
Right dumbo, you have a problem with disability that’s fine, but it’s you that has the problem. Have you kicked any cripples today?

And you might try thinking before opening your mouth and sticking your foot in it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not knowing what you are talking about: It never kept you from posting.
My goodness, steps back in amazement, is this a post of yours that actually makes sense? I am shocked, no… astounded.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't, but I'm not surprised.
What I did know was that his self-professed knowledge of submarines was a pack of lies.
Thanks for letting me know!
How about this clash, hmm?

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/ne...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are not making a fair comparison you are trying to justify censorship. That is a big part of being American , you can speak you mind with ease that you are free to do so . Anyone can be roasted and no one is beyond this. You slander Christianity's martyr but defend the Mohammad. You believe it acceptable to slander one but not the other? For special pleading because the Muslim monkeys are more aggressive than the Christ monkeys?
In America we can tell both set of monkeys to stfu and quit quibbling over your monkey kings. The whole thing is ridiculous.
If Muslims can't behave like humans with reasoning skills higher than monkeys , then they need to be caged or lobotomized.
The people who murder others over a film are simply murderous and treacherous bastards that do not belong in society anyway.
Of course it’s fair, you only see it as unfair because of your personal view and I am not trying to justify censorship in any way, I am saying that we all have a responsibility for what we do. With freedom comes responsibility, freedom does not give you the right to crap on someone else’s doorstep. Freedom allowed US b(w)ankers to screw the world and cause global recession, was it a responsible or moral action?

When a known coptic christian muslim hater produces a film that is deliberately designed to incite hatred then that coptic christian muslim hater is responsible not only to himself but to every other human being that his film effects. He made the film using underhanded methods, he knew the consequences of publicly releasing such a film. Perhaps the consequences far outreached his expectations but that does not shift the responsibility.

What gives you the impression the Muslims are more aggressive than Christians? The majority of Muslims, like the majority of everyone else are peace loving people, however there are fundamentalists and radicals in every faith and the media knows it’s audience well.. I cannot ever recall seeing headlines citing a murderer as christian – the Christian James Holmes or Christian Anders Behring Breivik, ever remember seeing Christian Radovan Karadzic, the Christian Ratko Mladic Or the Christian IRA?. What about the Christian Adolf Hitler, his faith is even denied my many christians just as Bin Ladens faith is questioned by many Muslims. How about the christian raised and educated Pol Pot. However every time there is an al’qaeda atrocity the word Muslim is plastered throughout the article. To the extent that al’qaeda is associated more with the Muslim than with terrorism. Whenever the forces in Afganistan see action against the Taliban the press highlight the Muslim connection.

It’s propaganda created to make the public associate the word Muslim with terror and you are being suckered into hatred.

I do not slander any christianity’s martyr, I speak against the babble but is stating facts about mythology a slander? There is no evidence that third bit of a mythical god existed in the form worshipped and there is copious evidence to say that the man now know as jesus was a terrorist murderer who was crucified for his crimes. However if you want to accept documented facts as slander that is your prerogative.

Yes you can tell the world to STFU, and look where it got you, among other things world recession and one dead ambassador, that’s where it got you. There are several people culpable for that death but only one is responsible. However I agree the whole thing is ridiculous but obviously not for the same reasons as you.

I agree with you here, yes those morons are murderers but that does not excuse the publication of a film deliberately produced to raise a reaction. As civilised human beings we ought to be above such pettiness, unfortunately not all of us are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 224,053
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 3 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 3 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Patrick 21,382
•••
•••