In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story
SupaAFC

Great Yarmouth, UK

#39688 Oct 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you have to paraphrase every thing I say.
You are the one who cuts off my posts in mid sentence and pedanticly splits them into multiple replies.

Paraphrasing is your ballgame; not mine.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny what you claim I say never fits what I actually say.
Funny how your arguments change when they get refuted.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER said CITIZENS of the US vote directly for the president of the USA.
Then you agree that the people do not vote for the president of the United States? Perfect.

Why can you not translate this logic to British politics and subsequently admit that the Queen, just like the Electoral College, does nothing more than rubber stamp the will of political entities?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are confused as you do not get any kind of vote for the head of sate in the UK. Not a direct vote, not an indirect vote, you get no vote whatsoever.
NONE.
I never claimed as such. Shall I start yelling and screaming about you being mean and dishonest based on this gaffe?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As you get no vote for the larger half of the Parliament: none. ZERO.
Who, other than you, cares?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And as you get no vote- NONE- for the Prime minister.
Are you saying that voters in the Kirkaldy constituency did not vote for Gordon Brown in 2010? How about Witney with David Cameron?

Well, we certainly know that nobody other than 538 Electors vote for the United States president. Does this mean the United States is just as non-democratic as the UK?

Oh wait, that's right. You go by the logic that words speak louder than actions.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You get to vote for a MP in the lower house.
Yes, the "lower house" that has power over issues such as the economy, welfare, sport, health, transport, policing, the environment, culture, etc, etc.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO BACK THAT CLAIM THAT YOU GET NO VOTE FOR MPS, sUPERfAG.
fUNNY HOW YOU KEEP SKIPPING OVER THAT.
I'm still waiting for you to explain why anybody should care about vestigal political figures of the past.

Nobody, other than you, remotely cares about the Lords or the Queen.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#39689 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor should the twelth amendment that clearly states that the Electoral College, and only the Electoral College, votes for the president of the United States.
Yet, Barefoot claims that the people do.
Absolutely

Not that it'll make any difference to barefoot - his aim is to continue arguing with you and as many other people as he possibly can.

Have a look and see how many of barefoot's posts actually agree with anyone.

For him the pointless argument is all.

That's why he says so many dumb things - it's his way of fuelling the argument.

He's obsessed. At nearly 76 posts a day, all of them hostile, all of them bitter and most of them wrong, he has a lot of issues. No doubt it's to make up for his failings in the real world.

It wouldn't surprise me if barefoot is disabled and has little better to do than be frequently obnoxious with all and sundry.

Nottingham, UK

#39690 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who cuts off my posts in mid sentence and pedanticly splits them into multiple replies.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then you agree that the people do not vote for the president of the United States? Perfect.
Why can you not translate this logic to British politics and subsequently admit that the Queen, just like the Electoral College, does nothing more than rubber stamp the will of political entities?
<quoted text>
I never claimed as such. Shall I start yelling and screaming about you being mean and dishonest based on this gaffe?
<quoted text>
Who, other than you, cares?
<quoted text>
Are you saying that voters in the Kirkaldy constituency did not vote for Gordon Brown in 2010? How about Witney with David Cameron?
Well, we certainly know that nobody other than 538 Electors vote for the United States president. Does this mean the United States is just as non-democratic as the UK?
Oh wait, that's right. You go by the logic that words speak louder than actions.
<quoted text>
Yes, the "lower house" that has power over issues such as the economy, welfare, sport, health, transport, policing, the environment, culture, etc, etc.
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to explain why anybody should care about vestigal political figures of the past.
Nobody, other than you, remotely cares about the Lords or the Queen.
From the Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-fai...

"This is a religious country. Part of claiming your citizenship is claiming a belief in God, even if you are not Christian.. We’ve got the Creator in our Declaration of Independence. We’ve got “In God We Trust” on our coins. We’ve got “one nation under God” in our Pledge of Allegiance. And we say prayers in the Senate and the House of Representatives to God.

An atheist could never get elected dog catcher, much less president.(Democratic Rep. Pete Stark of California is a nontheist but doesn’t talk much about it)."

and

"The Republicans have claimed God as their own this entire campaign, each candidate trying to out-Christian the other. Even Obama, though 17 percent of registered voters think he is a Muslim, has talked about being a Christian as often as he can.

Still, none of Obama’s references have been in a debate. And there was Obama-- grim faced, nervous, fumbling his words and wearing his American flag pin -- letting Romney, confident and aggressive and in control, roll right over him at every turn.

But the God thing clinched it. If Obama wants to win the next debate, he needs to wear God, as much as it offends him to do so, the same way he captured the flag for this one."
SupaAFC

Great Yarmouth, UK

#39691 Oct 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely
Not that it'll make any difference to barefoot - his aim is to continue arguing with you and as many other people as he possibly can.
Have a look and see how many of barefoot's posts actually agree with anyone.
For him the pointless argument is all.
That's why he says so many dumb things - it's his way of fuelling the argument.
He's obsessed. At nearly 76 posts a day, all of them hostile, all of them bitter and most of them wrong, he has a lot of issues. No doubt it's to make up for his failings in the real world.
It wouldn't surprise me if barefoot is disabled and has little better to do than be frequently obnoxious with all and sundry.
I am amazed that even Buck and Wolverine are arguing with him also. Considering that guys like them are polar opposites, and have debated with, guys like you and I on these forums, this is akin to Superman and Lex Luther sharing a joint enemy.

I'm beginning to think that Barefoot is simply a contrarian and holds no genuine viewpoints of his own. If the other poster believes X, he believes Y.
SupaAFC

Great Yarmouth, UK

#39692 Oct 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-fai...
"This is a religious country. Part of claiming your citizenship is claiming a belief in God, even if you are not Christian.. We’ve got the Creator in our Declaration of Independence. We’ve got “In God We Trust” on our coins. We’ve got “one nation under God” in our Pledge of Allegiance. And we say prayers in the Senate and the House of Representatives to God.
An atheist could never get elected dog catcher, much less president.(Democratic Rep. Pete Stark of California is a nontheist but doesn’t talk much about it)."
and
"The Republicans have claimed God as their own this entire campaign, each candidate trying to out-Christian the other. Even Obama, though 17 percent of registered voters think he is a Muslim, has talked about being a Christian as often as he can.
Still, none of Obama’s references have been in a debate. And there was Obama-- grim faced, nervous, fumbling his words and wearing his American flag pin -- letting Romney, confident and aggressive and in control, roll right over him at every turn.
But the God thing clinched it. If Obama wants to win the next debate, he needs to wear God, as much as it offends him to do so, the same way he captured the flag for this one."
But by Barefoot's logic of words speak louder than actions, we must ignore reality and pretend that the world works based on what pieces of paper say.

Therefore, ignore Westboro Baptist Church, ignore the big debates about Obama being a Muslim and Romney's Mormon faith, ignore the polling data that demonstrates religion matters to the vote of Americans...

... because a piece of paper says X, therefore, X.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39693 Oct 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If only draft dodger Romney got extra points for TV ratings.
LOL...He Knocked Odumbo Out Of The Park, Your Guy Looked Stupid And Amazed He Couldnt Answer The Questions, He Refused To Look Mitt In The Eye, And Was Very Upset He Couldnt Use His Teleprompter To Lie To America.

Next Foriegn Policy....Wonder How Odumbo Will Answer The Cover-up For The Killed Ambassador ?....After All, He Was Trying To Get Back The Weapons Odumbo Gave To The Taliban To Kill Kadaffy.
When The Truth Comes Out On This One....Odumbo May Be Thrown Out Before The Election.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39694 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
So many lies, so little time. Pedantically speaking.

Process one lie at a time.

We we still waiting for you to catch up with your lie that I said subjects in the UK did not vote for members of the House of Commons.

Location hidden

#39695 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
You don't quote, you paraphrase.

We we still waiting for you to catch up with your lie that I said subjects in the UK did not vote for members of the House of Commons.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39696 Oct 4, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
Of SA's white presidents, I'll vote for a guy like De Klerk.
But most of the other were douches.
Smuts was okay, I suppose.
Detroit Built Cars For Decades Without Help From China, Japan, Or Samali Pirates.....Seriously, Converters Could Be Made Out Of Different Materials....GM Took Our Money And Moved Its Business And Jobs Overseas....I Wouldnt Allow Them To Come Back.

I Think They Owe The American People About 40 Billion Or So.

Location hidden

#39697 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Still waiting for that to happen.

Start with the quote, since you prefer the straw man.

Find that quote of me saying you subjects you didn't get to vote for members of the House of Commons?

Location hidden

#39698 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Then you agree that the people do not vote for the president of the United States?
Have you stopped sexually assaulting young children in the bushes behind the playground?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39699 Oct 4, 2012
Buck Is Correct On The Film Maker...Its Legal, Even If It Were To Pizz Off The Towel Heads...And, It Was Put Out 8 Months Ago....The Muslim World May Not Have Liked It, But It Wasn't The Reason For The Terrorist Attack In Libya....That Was A Offered Excuse For Murder.

Now, Every time The Burn Our Flag, OR Behead An American....Should We Kill Innocents There ?

The Film Makers An Idiot, But We Have Half A Country Of Idiots, Our Laws Prohibit Killing Them.

Location hidden

#39700 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Why can you not admit you are a liar- I have proved you so many times- and that there is no comparison between elected officials- and a monarch who is not elected.

And who has never ever been elected?

Because I am quite sure you know the differenced between an elected office and an appointment (or an inherited office).

The correct answer has more to be with you being a pathological liar and a troll.

Still waiting: you finding that quote.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39701 Oct 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you stopped sexually assaulting young children in the bushes behind the playground?
Why ?.....Why Are You Such A Buffoon ?

You Cant Get Along With Anybody....Even I With My Conservative Values, Can Occasionally Get Along With A Liberal/Atheist.

A Serious Look In The Mirror May Explain Your Attitude.

Location hidden

#39702 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Are you saying that voters in the Kirkaldy constituency did not vote for Gordon Brown
Never the quote around... never to shy to make one up.

Are you saying you cannot ignore your urges as you close in on the playground, camera in hand?

Nottingham, UK

#39703 Oct 4, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Barefoot is simply a contrarian and holds no genuine viewpoints of his own. If the other poster believes X, he believes Y.
I came to pretty much the same conclusion a while back. That's why I stopped posting to him.

I don't mind talking about him but I don't talk to him and I certainly don't reply to his posts.

Location hidden

#39704 Oct 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely
Not that it'll make any difference to barefoot
It wouldn't make a difference to Barefoot kowkow because CITIZENS of the US ELECT the *ELECTORS* in the Electoral College who in turn vote for the President while you subjects of the monarch do not get to vote for the head of state (the monarch) nor do you get any say in who the prime minister is.

Of course, Barefoot is dealing with actual fact and real laws... why you do not.

Location hidden

#39705 Oct 4, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ?.....Why Are You Such A Buffoon ?
Why Does Your Breath Smell Of Spooge?

Location hidden

#39706 Oct 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
I don't mind talking about him but I don't talk to him and I certainly don't reply to his posts.
No one past the fourth grade is fooled by this and I enjoy smacking the snot out of you.

Location hidden

#39707 Oct 4, 2012
wolverine wrote:
You Cant Get Along With Anybody..
What An IdiOt BOOFOON You ARe To ThiNk AnYone HeRe Is Your FriEnd Or I WouLd Care One Way Or The Other?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 27 min woodtick57 1,033
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min ChristineM 231,950
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Morse 27
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Morse 14,450
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 17 hr Gillette 5,946

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE