In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
38,281 - 38,300 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you want to go back to the a turd that represents a tiny minority of white people?
Nah.

Of SA's white presidents, I'll vote for a guy like De Klerk.

But most of the other were douches.

Smuts was okay, I suppose.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch...
nobady died. i wonder why..
Poor Nobady.

God rest his soul

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you want to go back to the a turd that represents a tiny minority of white people?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on?
"Rational" responsible adults take care of themselves. SSI is something rational responsible adults have paid into for their working lives and 401Ks and IRAs pay for the the nicer things that SSI doesn't cover.
Children grow up and pay their own way.
There are occasions in many "rational" responsible adults lives where temporary circumstances they have no control over make it impossible to cover needs and that is what government is for.
Yes. A bad investment, a car accident, bad insurance... Many things can go wrong. For such folks, should they go to the streets? Methinks not.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not bothered what it is, it is deeply offensive to over 1/3 of the worlds population and simply objectionable to most other people. It breaks laws in the majority of countries in the world. It was made fraudulently with dubbed vocals with the sole intention of inciting hatred. And for this you do not think the filmmaker was responsible for making his film?
Tell me if your next door neighbour walked up to your house and crapped on the doorstep would you consider joe bloggs in the next town responsible or the neighbour who befouled your step responsible?
I was hoping you would read that link as a whole and consider the whole document, not just a selective part of a paragraph. It goes a long way do explaining and understanding the divide between the west and the Muslim world.
The difference is the muslim world is full of stupid, hate-filled, homicidal maniacs.

The film was legal and inoffensive to anyone other than a moron.

It doesn't matter what is illegal in another country. The film was made in this country. Going 70 in a 70 zone on the interstate is not breaking the law because other roads have a limit of 55.

You are stupid, and a muslim terrorist apologist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on?
"Rational" responsible adults take care of themselves. SSI is something rational responsible adults have paid into for their working lives and 401Ks and IRAs pay for the the nicer things that SSI doesn't cover.
There are occasions in many "rational" responsible adults lives where temporary circumstances they have no control over make it impossible to cover needs and that is what government is for.

Wrong.

On average, Social Security recipients receive more in benefits over their lifetimes than they and their employers contributed in taxes during their working years.

The system functions only because there are enough current workers making additional payments into the fund.

This is why Social Security as a giant pyramid scheme. Madoff ring a bell?

You never get anything right, do you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If only draft dodger Romney got extra points for TV ratings.
He didn't dodge any draft.

You are a stupid, lying liberal.

I can smell you from here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on?
No, that's not what government is for. At least not in this country.

Look it up. Take a class. Hell, you're hopelessly stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
Ah.
A good debate, Double Fine must admit.
Double Fine really has nothing against Romney. He *is* a fine capitalist and a good guv'nor.
He just has a nasty habit of saying something stupid at the spur of the moment (Double Fine calls this foot-in-mouth-disease). Although it can sometimes be a bit offensive (not to mention amusing), this does not mean that he will be a terrible president.
To be fair, the campaigning was turning ugly and Double Fine was glad to see none of that where-are-your-birth-certifica tes-oh-no-you-first-where-are- your-tax-statements.
None of that, no strawmen, no talking to chairs... Good, says Doube Fine.
The economic question is a simple one, but the answer is not. Will economic policy, even in a country as powerful as the US, be able to weather the storm that is the global economy?
To be honest, Double Fine does not think so. This is a storm that will rage for a few more years, no matter what anyone does.
Double Fine would like to see the following issues tackled in the upcoming debates:
- Gay marriage
- Education
Do you want them to debate who gets to throw the boquet?

You're an idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again butt (oops buck) making assumptions
Wrong, everyone is responsible for their actions, his action was making a film to incite hatred and violence, as I said to Aura he cannot just shrug his shoulders and say “so what”. I realise that you are of that opinion that he can, convicts usually are but that is not typical of human society. However I can completely understand why an ex con like you gets confused between bloody minded idiocy and responsibility.
Where did I say I was against the first amendment? All I have said about any amendment is that they are amendments to the “unalienable rights” offered in the constitution, which I find rather amusing.
I thought you had learned you lesson but no, you go round and round in circles just as the good butt crack should- So do you want to go into the name calling again you ignorant pratt of an apologist for paedophiles?
Nice one and best wishes
The first 10 amendments are the "Bill of Rights". The amendments are protective of rights, they don't "amend" rights.

You are empty-headed. You should never comment on rights or the Constitution.

Stick to something you know...if there is such a subject.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is the muslim world is full of stupid, hate-filled, homicidal maniacs.
That is no different from your house, fat boy.

Nor is it any different from the Christian world.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine no savvy
We are discussing that anti Muslim film and whether a person is responsible for their own actions or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
On average, Social Security recipients receive more in benefits over their lifetimes than they and their employers contributed in taxes during their working years.
Nope.

And according to your favorite source, FOX "news"

"People retiring today are part of the first generation of workers who have paid more in Social Security taxes during their careers than they will receive in benefits after they retire. It's a historic shift that will only get worse for future retirees, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.

Previous generations got a much better bargain, mainly because payroll taxes were very low when Social Security was enacted in the 1930s and remained so for decades.

"For the early generations, it was an incredibly good deal," said Andrew Biggs, a former deputy Social Security commissioner who is now a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. "The government gave you free money and getting free money is popular."

If you retired in 1960, you could expect to get back seven times more in benefits than you paid in Social Security taxes, and more if you were a low-income worker, as long you made it to age 78 for men and 81 for women.

As recently as 1985, workers at every income level could retire and expect to get more in benefits than they paid in Social Security taxes, though they didn't do quite as well as their parents and grandparents.

Not anymore.

A married couple retiring last year, after both spouses earned average lifetime wages, paid about $598,000 in Social Security taxes during their careers. They can expect to collect about $556,000 in benefits if the man lives to 82 and the woman lives to 85, according to a 2011 study by the Urban Institute, a Washington think tank.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/07/ne...
"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
You never get anything right, do you?
Mopping the floor with you, fat boy.

You have a right to your opinion, you do not have a right to your version the facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't dodge any draft.
Dodged the draft.

There really is no bigger example of a chicken hawk- even chicken hawk Rush pimple on his ass Limpballs.

Draft dodger Romney demonstrated FOR the war and FOR the draft... and then got FIVE deferments and hid in France.

Darft dodger = to dodge the draft.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The film was legal and inoffensive to anyone other than a moron.
It doesn't matter what is illegal in another country. The film was made in this country. Going 70 in a 70 zone on the interstate is not breaking the law because other roads have a limit of 55.
You are stupid, and a muslim terrorist apologist.
Says the stupid, hate-filled, homicidal maniac

The film was deliberately offensive and created to incite hatred by a known fanatical coptic christian Muslim hater

So you are saying that everyone in the world is responsible for their actions except Americans.

You are saying that no American has the responsibility of a human being in considering other human beings

You are saying stuff it if it’s legal in your back yard then f_ck everyone else

OK, fair enough, that at least explains why you are a convicted felon

And an apologist for paedophiles. I hear you have a child too. How sick is that

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The first 10 amendments are the "Bill of Rights". The amendments are protective of rights, they don't "amend" rights.
You are empty-headed. You should never comment on rights or the Constitution.
Yes right, that’s why there are called AMMENDMENTS dumbo Look up the word in a dictionary

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what government is for. At least not in this country.
That is what government is for, fat boy. No matter how hard you stomp your ignorant feet- among many other things, to provide for those that need to be provided for.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes right, that’s why there are called AMMENDMENTS dumbo Look up the word in a dictionary
You might try spelling it correctly before putting it in all CAPS and calling someone else dumbo, dumbo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
Not knowing what you are talking about: It never kept you from posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••