In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51425 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39245 Sep 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to come back to a retard. I mean seriously it took me less that 60 seconds.
For you to come back with about not having shoes using only my alias Barefoot as material?

WOW!

You are a true genius, Septic, I should consider myself to slap the snot out of you using only the facts that you are unable to refute.

Location hidden

#39247 Sep 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
If only you lived longer, you'd have more time to become intelligent and hence an atheist.
We are all still waiting for you to prove that I am a theist.

We can agree that I have slapped the snot out of you and that you are a NotBot- so perhaps you can stand firmly on the ground when you say I am not like you, a bigoted ignorant NotBot.

Still waiting for you to prove anything you say, Septic.

Something...

Location hidden

#39248 Sep 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell I've successfully angered you.
It doesn't take much...

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#39249 Sep 30, 2012
spinach dip wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right. Atheists don't really want proof.
They want excuses instead. Anything but the truth will do for them.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#39250 Sep 30, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish teh far reich christians would follow the constitution....KEEP THERE RELIGION OUT OF LAW LIKE .
You support a high crime rate, a corrupt government, an ineffective education system, a country running loose with low morals, huh? I can tell you will vote to keep Obamanation in office.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#39251 Sep 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think I'm having a conversation with you. I assure you I'm not, merely exposing the fact that you're a worthless theist shill who can't stop lying about his religion to intelligent atheists that don't fall for that kind of bullsh*t.
F*ck your non-existence hallucinations.
See how angry, belligerent, and rage-filled this atheist is????? It is because he has duped himself into imagining that God does not exist.

Only a real God,( the Christian Lord that does exist ), can make a person who resists and rejects goodness, holiness and righteousness react this way.

Thanks clown, for exposing how wrong you are.

Location hidden

#39252 Sep 30, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The citizens may, if their states permit it, directly vote for their representives in the Electoral College, but that is as far as they participate.
You get NO VOTE.

NONE.

Americans vote for their head of state.You don't understand the electoral college- but then you don't understand the political system in your own country, a monarchy.

You get no vote for your head of state. None. Zero. Never had.

Americans vote directly for their Congress: both houses.

Subjects in the UK vote for members in one house.
The smaller one. And the subjects of the UK do not control this house: they do not know if the people for whom they vote are in office for six months or for up to five years.

Putting aside the monarch can at any time dissolve the Parliament for any reason.

The members of the other get the seats from APPOINTMENTS, many made by the Church of England. And all of whom made by the monarch: the head of the Church of England.

Happy top compare anytime.

Y'all come back now.

Location hidden

#39253 Sep 30, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right. Barefoot is so conceited that he thinks talking about him is the same as talking to him.
You are so conceited you pretend talking about me is any different than talking to me.

Sweetie.

Location hidden

#39254 Sep 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You support a high crime rate, a corrupt government, an ineffective education system, a country running loose with low morals, huh?
You support racism, slavery, high gas prices, no minimum wage, single ply toilet paper, poison ivy, and splinters.

Location hidden

#39255 Sep 30, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
There is no law stating that they -must- vote based on their state results of the presidential election.
Actually, honeybunch, there are laws.

Over here in the US of A, we have fifty states (+DC) and fifty (+1) sets of rules governing how the electors cast their votes.

And some states require electors to vote as the state election results dictate; electors can be punished and/or removed if they violate the pledge.

Electors are from the party (usually, long standing members) that wins the election. I.E.: if your state goes Republican, Republicans are sent to cast the votes.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#39256 Sep 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You support a high crime rate, a corrupt government, an ineffective education system, a country running loose with low morals, huh? I can tell you will vote to keep Obamanation in office.
I hate crime,,,,,,,I hate corruption and i want our education system to be the best in the world......And morals are a personal issue.....I WILL NOT VOTE ROMNEY AND THE NAZI REICH PARTY.....

Location hidden

#39257 Sep 30, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
From then on, the election of the president/vice president is soley down to 538 people.
We vote for the 538 who vote for our president.

You got no vote.

None.

Zero.

We vote indirectly but we vote.

Location hidden

#39258 Sep 30, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
As with the Electoral College and its powers, the Queen's powers are just ceremony. Barefoot, however, cannot admit this.
Two negatives in the same sentence do not make a positive, Dipstick.

The electoral college is not ceremonial.

And neither is the monarch that rules your country.

Location hidden

#39259 Sep 30, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Barefoot cannot refute this argument (nor did he even refute "In God We Trust" without exposing his hypocrisy) without
You confused my slapping the snot out of you with thinking I had you to say that you were wrong.

What I have shown everyone is that you won't admit you were wrong.

You insisted the members of the House of Commons had the power to dissolve Parliament; I've copied dozen sources proving that you (of course) are wrong.

"In God We Trust": a motto, so says the Supreme Court of the United Sates.

I don't have to get a concession from you, darling.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#39261 Sep 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell I've successfully angered you.
liars do get people angry, yes.

Location hidden

#39262 Sep 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You confused my slapping the snot out of you with thinking I had you to say that you were wrong.
What I have shown everyone is that you won't admit you were wrong.
You insisted the members of the House of Commons had the power to dissolve Parliament; I've copied dozen sources proving that you (of course) are wrong.
"In God We Trust": a motto, so says the Supreme Court of the United Sates.
I don't have to get a concession from you, darling.
AFC kicked your a$$, no run along and live with it, you foolish individual.

Location hidden

#39263 Sep 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to come back with about not having shoes using only my alias Barefoot as material?
WOW!
You are a true genius, Septic, I should consider myself to slap the snot out of you using only the facts that you are unable to refute.
When you get those facts, be sure to let us know, because until then, the god you're lying to us about is 100% pure bullsh*t.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#39264 Sep 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so conceited you pretend talking about me is any different than talking to me.
Sweetie.
Khatru is a total idiot,===>> like all cowardly atheists. He's on an anonymous forum but yet posts to someone else as if he is whispering to them and we can see his posts.

Atheism is such a religion of ignorance.

Location hidden

#39265 Sep 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get those facts, be sure to let us know,
You mean like the fact that the UK requires collect worship in tax funded state schools- the one I have linked to a couple dozen times?

Your the fact that the monarch has the power (exclusively) to disolve the Parliament?

Or the fact the Church of England appoints members to the Parliament?

Or the Queen (the head of the Church of England) has appointed every single member of the House of Lords with the exception of the Lords who inherited their posts from a monarch who was the head of the Church of England before she?

Or the fact you cannot prove anything you have said... which puts me up about 85 to zero?

Eh, Septic?

Location hidden

#39266 Sep 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
AFC kicked your a$$,
Right...

AFC insisted the members of the House of Commons had exclusive right to dissolve the Parliament.

It's been about ten days or so... still waiting for that proof.

Putting aside I refuted her three minutes after she posted it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 16 min yehoshooah adam 3,516
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 67,030
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr Dogen 28,569
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 12 hr superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 12 hr superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web