Introducing The Universal Religion

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#124 Mar 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If an all powerful being can make an object so massive it can't move it, it is not all powerful.
If an all powerful being can't make an object so massive it can't move it, it is not all powerful.
<quoted text>
This is a false dilemma--great fodder for irony and humor, but not for solid logical debate. Don't get me wrong: I agree with your basic conclusion, but defending it with poor logic is not effective.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#125 Mar 6, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not all-powerful being!
There is an all-powerful Being, except that He never created anything.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#126 Mar 6, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an all-powerful Being, except that He never created anything.
You are wrong!

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#127 Mar 6, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong!
No I am not wrong. I am right. You are the one that is wrong.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#128 Mar 6, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not wrong. I am right. You are the one that is wrong.
Liar you are wrong!

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#129 Mar 6, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar you are wrong!
I
swear by the god of the Atheists, you are an unqualified liar.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#131 Mar 6, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
I
swear by the god of the Atheists, you are an unqualified liar.
Liar there's no god of the atheists

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#132 Mar 7, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar there's no god of the atheists
Chief liar,'no god' is the god of the Atheists.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#133 Mar 7, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief liar,'no god' is the god of the Atheists.
You are the god of liars! Bullshit!
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#134 Mar 7, 2014
Not even a cupboard? Small powerful.
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
The all-powerful Being never created anything.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#135 Mar 7, 2014
Where is it flawed?
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a false dilemma--great fodder for irony and humor, but not for solid logical debate. Don't get me wrong: I agree with your basic conclusion, but defending it with poor logic is not effective.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#136 Mar 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Where is it flawed?
<quoted text>

The idea of an something being too big to move applies only to earthbound objects, and, even then, not valid because the weight of an object on earth is limited by the mass of the planet so it cannot approach infinity. If there were an all-powerful god, it would inhabit/control the entire universe, which is in constant motion, motion that would be generate by said god. Whether the object is a singularity, a star, a planet, or a moon, it is in motion. The whole immovable object/irresistible force argument is just wordplay intended to trip up an opponent with an unrecognized false premise. In short, the argument ignores basic Newtonian physics.

Fun, but ultimately meaningless.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#137 Mar 7, 2014
1. Lots of things don't quite obey Newton's laws.
2. I still don't see any logical flaw. You're trying to say that it is OK that there are things beyond an all powerful god, I'm saying that precludes that god from being all powerful.
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of an something being too big to move applies only to earthbound objects, and, even then, not valid because the weight of an object on earth is limited by the mass of the planet so it cannot approach infinity. If there were an all-powerful god, it would inhabit/control the entire universe, which is in constant motion, motion that would be generate by said god. Whether the object is a singularity, a star, a planet, or a moon, it is in motion. The whole immovable object/irresistible force argument is just wordplay intended to trip up an opponent with an unrecognized false premise. In short, the argument ignores basic Newtonian physics.
Fun, but ultimately meaningless.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#138 Mar 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
1. Lots of things don't quite obey Newton's laws.
2. I still don't see any logical flaw. You're trying to say that it is OK that there are things beyond an all powerful god, I'm saying that precludes that god from being all powerful.
<quoted text>
Nothing can never be beyond the all-powerful Being,
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#139 Mar 7, 2014
Prove it.
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing can never be beyond the all-powerful Being,

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#140 Mar 7, 2014
Thinking,
An all-powerful Being must necessarily be all-inclusive and all-embracing, therefore containing all things within its confines, including those which might appear to have been beyond it.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#141 Mar 7, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief liar,'no god' is the god of the Atheists.
Like riding around in a "no car", would get you somewhere.We have already dealt with this type of stupidity with a poster called Divine Alien, he could never get past his erroneous concept of a negative of a god as being concrete. Oh well, here we go again with the idiot parade.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#142 Mar 8, 2014
That's one definition. Can you prove there is any real life example of an all powerful being?
jide oni wrote:
Thinking,
An all-powerful Being must necessarily be all-inclusive and all-embracing, therefore containing all things within its confines, including those which might appear to have been beyond it.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#143 Mar 8, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Like riding around in a "no car", would get you somewhere.We have already dealt with this type of stupidity with a poster called Divine Alien, he could never get past his erroneous concept of a negative of a god as being concrete. Oh well, here we go again with the idiot parade.

God is everything, both concrete and non-concrete.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#144 Mar 8, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Not even a cupboard? Small powerful.
<quoted text>
Nothing has a beginning; And what has no beginning couldn't have been created.
a god that creates

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr The FACTory 630
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr replaytime 76,826
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 14 hr Dogen 4,281
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Wed Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web