Introducing The Universal Religion

Since: Jan 14

United States

#680 May 8, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound and fury? I think not. Nothing that jide oni has written on this thread has risen to that level of power. No, his strutting and fretting consists more of stumbles and mumbles. But they still signify nothing, leaving only a funny smell and maybe a little waxy residue when his brief candle sputters and dies.
The inconspicuousness of the conspicuously inconspicuous, is evidently conspicuous.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#682 May 8, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're conspicuously a total bell end, jedi nonce.
<quoted text>
You mean the extreme left edge of the bell curve.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#684 May 8, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Amused,
In the first place, the Universal Religion does not ascribe any supernatural character to God. To us. God is a natural God; And since our world is a natural one, to conceive of anything falling outside of the confines of nature is in itself stupid and senseless.
Perfection, as a term, is an absolute concept, independent of man's relative, personal, subjective opinions or perceptions. Whatever is perfect, is perfect to all, all the time and everywhere.
For instance, actions said to be natural ones are all those that do not emanate from man; but those phenomena which are objectively observed to exhibit consistency in time, place and in their manifest invincible strength, e.g. the actions of the sun, the planets and their satellites; chemical and biological actions; and a host of other subtler natural phenomena that exert their positive, irreversible presence in our world, such as time, growth, gravitational force, evolutionary trend etc.
That's a lot of rappakalja

http://en.bab.la/dictionary/swedish-english/r...

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#686 May 9, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're conspicuously a total bell end, jedi nonce.
<quoted text>
Not jedi nonce, but Jideoni Charles, who is now being dreaded as the terror of atheists.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#687 May 10, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Not jedi nonce, but Jideoni Charles, who is now being dreaded as the terror of atheists.
you are only a little stupid troll who failed to get people over to his stupid little religion of nonsence

Since: Jan 14

United States

#688 May 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
The difference between your post and jedi nonce's? Your post makes grammatical sense.
<quoted text>
Any sense in grammar?

Since: Jan 14

United States

#689 May 10, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
you are only a little stupid troll who failed to get people over to his stupid little religion of nonsence
While my religion is false 'nonsence'?, your atheism is true 'nonsense'.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#690 May 10, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> While my religion is false 'nonsence'?, your atheism is true 'nonsense'.
Word salad from jide troll

Since: Jan 14

United States

#691 May 11, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Word salad from jide troll
Which is word salad?-'nonsense' or 'nonsence'?

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#692 May 11, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Which is word salad?-'nonsense' or 'nonsence'?
Corrected mistake is mistake indeed; but uncorrected spelling mistake is pure ignorance.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#693 May 11, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Which is word salad?-'nonsense' or 'nonsence'?
Uncorrected spelling mistake is pure ignorance.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#694 May 11, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Uncorrected spelling mistake is pure ignorance.
Whereas, the repeat post above is a network problem, not a mistake from my end.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#695 May 11, 2014
It's hard to tell the difference between a spelling error and a typo. I'v been known to come down hard on really bad writing, but I tend to ignore and read around minor and sometimes even major errors in grammar and spelling. This is, after all, a forum that consists mostly of unedited first draft writing. As such, errors that would not survive even a first pass of moderately skilled proofreading are quite common. I'm sure that all of us are either embarrassed or amused by the mistakes we see when reviewing our old posts.

Flame wars over grammar and spelling are a waste of time and effort. They distract us from more substantive stuff.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#696 May 12, 2014
English is my third language

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#697 May 12, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
It's hard to tell the difference between a spelling error and a typo. I'v been known to come down hard on really bad writing, but I tend to ignore and read around minor and sometimes even major errors in grammar and spelling. This is, after all, a forum that consists mostly of unedited first draft writing. As such, errors that would not survive even a first pass of moderately skilled proofreading are quite common. I'm sure that all of us are either embarrassed or amused by the mistakes we see when reviewing our old posts.
Flame wars over grammar and spelling are a waste of time and effort. They distract us from more substantive stuff.
Enervating distraction indeed! And that's your stock-in-trade.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#698 May 12, 2014
Mikko wrote:
English is my third language
English isn't my mother tongue either.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#699 May 12, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> English isn't my mother tongue either.
Batsh*t crazy isn't a language.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#702 May 13, 2014
You guys are being way too harsh. Jide oni's writing reflects fluency and literacy in English, but not the level that one would expect of the superior mind that he claims for himself. If it weren't for that claim, I wouldn't have bothered to criticize his writing at all.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#704 May 13, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Whereas, the repeat post above is a network problem, not a mistake from my end.
If the two posts were identical, that would be credible. They are similar, but not identical, so your claim is not believable. Network issues do not alter the content of messages.

You wrote the double post, and lied about the "network problem" (again) because you don't want to admit you are a doofus.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#706 May 13, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
If the two posts were identical, that would be credible. They are similar, but not identical, so your claim is not believable. Network issues do not alter the content of messages.
You wrote the double post, and lied about the "network problem" (again) because you don't want to admit you are a doofus.
Ignorantly wrongly claiming single post for my double post. Nit-wit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min IB DaMann 16,330
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 16 min thetruth 59
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 16 min thetruth 4,692
Good arguments against Christianity 19 min thetruth 104
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min thetruth 256,096
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min thetruth 40,801
A Universe from Nothing? 35 min IB DaMann 88
More from around the web