Introducing The Universal Religion

Posted in the Atheism Forum

First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#1 Feb 10, 2014
The long-awaited Universal Religion is now here. The advent of the Universal Religion will definitely clear off all forms of idolatrous practices from our world, and prove to be the best option for Atheists, Agnostics, Pagans and all believers at large.
It naturally follows therefore, that all existing scriptures stand to be displaced and replaced by the superior Universal Religion scriptures.
This inchoate Universal Religion will eventually remain the only religion throughout the whole world and through all future civilizations.
The religion will be a religion of no religion, in the sense that it will prove to be simply a natural way of life, i.e. all shades of primitive idolatrous worships of a personal, humanlike deity will become a thing of the past.
Learn more from Jideoni-Charles, to be able to make the believers' so-called heaven here on earth.
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#2 Feb 10, 2014
It's laughably ironic that so many vie to lead those who have no need of leaders. Posts like this one crop up from time to time. there are many who have interesting ideas that are worthy of consideration, and your Jideoni-Charles may be among them. But once a person has escaped from the clutches of religion, there is no need for a new one to take its place. No need for new chains once the old ones have been cast off.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#3 Feb 10, 2014
jide oni wrote:
The long-awaited Universal Religion is now here. The advent of the Universal Religion will definitely clear off all forms of idolatrous practices from our world, and prove to be the best option for Atheists, Agnostics, Pagans and all believers at large.
It naturally follows therefore, that all existing scriptures stand to be displaced and replaced by the superior Universal Religion scriptures.
This inchoate Universal Religion will eventually remain the only religion throughout the whole world and through all future civilizations.
The religion will be a religion of no religion, in the sense that it will prove to be simply a natural way of life, i.e. all shades of primitive idolatrous worships of a personal, humanlike deity will become a thing of the past.
Learn more from Jideoni-Charles, to be able to make the believers' so-called heaven here on earth.
Another man made religion for another man made god. Go and take your wares else where.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#5 Feb 12, 2014
Let me tell you that the Theists and the Atheists represent the thesis and the antithesis as in a polemic, while what I am presenting to the world right now perfectly synthetically stabilizes the scale.
With time, you will all realize that both the believers and the disbelievers are securely in chains, except that the believers' chains are made of steel, while those of the disbelievers are not as strong.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#6 Feb 12, 2014
Richardfs,
All religions, including your own, are man-made, inasmuch as God never has, and can never have, any religion of His own.
However, by extension, we may rightly say that all religions are from God, since all things proceed from God, and return thereto
While all the world religions are from God, they are of various gradational octaves, with the universal religion at the apex.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#7 Feb 12, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Richardfs,
All religions, including your own, are man-made, inasmuch as God never has, and can never have, any religion of His own.
However, by extension, we may rightly say that all religions are from God, since all things proceed from God, and return thereto
While all the world religions are from God, they are of various gradational octaves, with the universal religion at the apex.
Two things I should point out:-

1. I have no religion.
2. Show there is a god in the first place.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#8 Feb 12, 2014
Do you believe in an all powerful compassionate god?
jide oni wrote:
Let me tell you that the Theists and the Atheists represent the thesis and the antithesis as in a polemic, while what I am presenting to the world right now perfectly synthetically stabilizes the scale.
With time, you will all realize that both the believers and the disbelievers are securely in chains, except that the believers' chains are made of steel, while those of the disbelievers are not as strong.
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#9 Feb 12, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Let me tell you that the Theists and the Atheists represent the thesis and the antithesis as in a polemic, while what I am presenting to the world right now perfectly synthetically stabilizes the scale.
With time, you will all realize that both the believers and the disbelievers are securely in chains, except that the believers' chains are made of steel, while those of the disbelievers are not as strong.
The real dichotomy is between believers and skeptics, not "disbelievers," who reject as mindlessly as believers accept. The essence of skepticism lies in the reaction to ideas that have not yet been carefully vetted: "That's interesting; I wonder whether it's true." Real skeptics don't simply swap one leader for another: they bail out of leader/follower relationships altogether and learn to think for themselves. Enough atheists fall into this category that the task of organizing them is often likened to that of herding cats. No effort in polemics can change that.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#10 Feb 13, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Let me tell you that the Theists and the Atheists represent the thesis and the antithesis as in a polemic, while what I am presenting to the world right now perfectly synthetically stabilizes the scale.
With time, you will all realize that both the believers and the disbelievers are securely in chains, except that the believers' chains are made of steel, while those of the disbelievers are not as strong.
I offer the view that there's nothing wrong or unreasonable about disbelief in gods or fairies. Unlike disbelief or skepticism, beliefs require justification...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell 's_teapot

Some perceive believing that there's no god as a positive belief, but it is negative and normally open to change simply on receipt of sound evidence or reason. From this point of view, disbelief is simply rejection of propositions or assertions - such as assertions of an Abrahamic god(s), or other gods such as the ones in godchecker.com . In other words, it is the neutral stance or scepticism.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#11 Feb 13, 2014
I choose to describe myself as a non-believer.

Firstly, atheist, agnostic and secular are useful terms for no other reason than the persistence of religion, which is still widespread. I look forward to the day when clerics are regarded more like other spiritualists such as druids, witches, mediums, medicine men, sooth-sayers or exorcists.

Secondly, I don't believe in fairies or pixies either, but I don't call myself an apixie-ist or an afairyist. Why would I want to use an essentially theological term for a self-description? Because when atheist, agnostic or secular are used one is normally talking specifically about one's view of religion perhaps, but one person's theology is another's mythology. It's all mythology to me.

Thirdly, various religionists define agnostic and atheist only rigidly and more to suit themselves than to help them comprehend the views of atheists or agnostics. They don't always accept the dictionary definition of atheist for instance,
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
one who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods. They insist on a narrower, particular, or theological definition such as someone who asserts that there is no god. Such theologians are often people who assert a specifically Abrahamic god must exist, or refuse to define their god(s) altogether (beyond some sort of ultimate creator). They still seem to assume that it should be worshipped or is 'all-knowing' and they often hold negative views of non-believers too.

I see no more reason to believe in any god or gods that have been defined so far. I also prefer the term non-believer
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#12 Feb 13, 2014
Yes. I'll accept terms like atheist and agnostic and all, but I prefer to think of myself merely as a skeptic, which is similar to "nonbeliever" in that neither relies on belief (faith) to form a world view. Semantics aside, EdSed and I are very close in our points of view.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#13 Feb 17, 2014
Atheists, Agnostics, Sceptics etc., should safely be considered loosely as disbelievers/unbelievers, without according them any halo of clearly defined religion or school of thought.
Let the Atheists/Agnostics/Sceptics know that they are merely maintaining an opposition to an existing belief, meaning that they have no belief in or knowledge of the God they so much hate.
While Theism, i.e. belief in God, should be considered a postulate/thesis in an argument, and Atheism/Agnosticism/Scepticism , i.e. disbelief in God, serves as a counter-argument/antithesis in a polemic, The Universal Religion proves to be the synthesis, i.e. harmonization of belief in God and disbelief in God, to bring out knowledge of God in His absoluteness.
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#14 Feb 17, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Atheists, Agnostics, Sceptics etc., should safely be considered loosely as disbelievers/unbelievers, without according them any halo of clearly defined religion or school of thought.
Let the Atheists/Agnostics/Sceptics know that they are merely maintaining an opposition to an existing belief, meaning that they have no belief in or knowledge of the God they so much hate.
While Theism, i.e. belief in God, should be considered a postulate/thesis in an argument, and Atheism/Agnosticism/Scepticism , i.e. disbelief in God, serves as a counter-argument/antithesis in a polemic, The Universal Religion proves to be the synthesis, i.e. harmonization of belief in God and disbelief in God, to bring out knowledge of God in His absoluteness.
What utter nonsense! A polemic that harmonizes belief, disbelief, and skepticism? Clearly, you fail to understand the difference between the latter two. Skepticism's borders extend far beyond the tiny realms of belief or disbelief in God. It extends to all areas of thought. It's chief quality is not opposition or negation, but of examination, exploration, and evaluation. A skeptic will accept any ideas that are clearly and unambiguously demonstrated, but that demonstration must be complete and able to withstand all tests and counterarguments.
The polemics of neither belief nor disbelief fail to qualify because their intents on "proving" their points blinds them to the kinds of thorough evaluations that lead to deeper understanding. The skeptic begins with the position that until that process is complete, truths, while knowable, remain undiscovered.

Any other approach is laughably shallow.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#15 Feb 17, 2014
I'm an atheist i do not have a religion

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#16 Feb 17, 2014
NightSerf,
You are not what you claim to be, to wit: a Sceptic that never rests his case until after a thorough investigation, evaluation and verification of any proposition in question - you rubbished my claim as being nonsense, without first subjecting the so-called nonsensical postulate to thorough examination.
It may interest you to note what I have in the offing for you, both believers and non-believers, through first reading the 'Open Message To Topix Forums Moderators' which I posted this morning.
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#17 Feb 17, 2014
jide oni wrote:
NightSerf,
You are not what you claim to be, to wit: a Sceptic that never rests his case until after a thorough investigation, evaluation and verification of any proposition in question - you rubbished my claim as being nonsense, without first subjecting the so-called nonsensical postulate to thorough examination.
It may interest you to note what I have in the offing for you, both believers and non-believers, through first reading the 'Open Message To Topix Forums Moderators' which I posted this morning.
I read it. It has nothing to do with me.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#18 Feb 17, 2014
i can't hate something that does not exist

why are christards and other religious idiots trying to make atheism into haters of god ?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19 Feb 17, 2014
Mikko wrote:
I'm an atheist i do not have a religion
Exactly.
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology

If god wanted to be worshipped or understood, she would never have given us religion.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#20 Feb 17, 2014
NightSerf,
Thanks for your kindness.
Definitely you must be operating at a higher level than the unkind Biblical god himself.
Going by your skepticism about the unlikelihood of Topix moderators to notice the open message, I think I may have to make the announcement across all the religious Sub-Forums myself, stating the date and time.
And where I goof in the process, I hope the moderators might excuse me, considering the contents of the said message.
Looking forward to a most fruitful interactive forum session together.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#21 Feb 17, 2014
Be careful: Topix has been known to cancel accounts over spamming. Read the constantly changing Terms of Service. Hopefully you sill be able to accomplish your goal without going that far beyond the (Topix is actually pretty lax about enforcing them,)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Morse 232,033
God' existence 6 hr Geezerjock 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 hr tha Professor 1,051
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 hr Morse 30
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 23 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Thu thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Thu thetruth 8

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE