|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Bollocks.
<quoted text>
And another one liner from the revolutionary comrade....
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

One liner.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
And another one liner from the revolutionary comrade....
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Different extinction events have different causes. The Mesozoic/Cenozoic boundary was caused by a massive meteor hit. We even know where the crater is.
But how can you verify this absolutely?
There may have been a massive meteor hit, there may have been many meteor hits of similar size. They may have caused extinctions at various times or may not have any part or a primary role in them.
But if there were extinctions then what did/were the new advanced life forms based on or 'evolved' from?
Example....
Windows 8 is the latest version of the operating system which was based on Windows 7, XP, 2000, ME, 98 etc. If one or two of those versions were done away with as if they never existed, codes, libraries and all. Then what would the current system be based on if not the previous ones?
It would have to be coded and programmed by someone who could fortell the result of new operating systems with libraries etc.
It would take a designer who had an overview of the future, its results and the interaction of all components.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Good stories to hold a group of people together. No actual Exodus ever happened.
There is the story of the Exodus which is not disputed by anyone but the atheists, up until this time there never has been an 'anti exodus' story and never has actually been done because there is no evidence to say that the Exodus never happened.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Belief in a golden age in the past?
The Greeks and Italians will refer to Alexander the Great and the Roman empire as a historical golden age, but those golden ages were based on physical achievements such as empire building not the metaphysical practices as done by the ancient jews.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Vista.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Windows 8 is the latest version of the operating system which was based on Windows 7, XP, 2000, ME, 98 etc. If one or two of those versions were done away with as if they never existed, codes, libraries and all.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because our brain models ourselves in its analysis of the world.
This implies that the brain is independent of any judgmental process one currently adheres to. If the brain constantly changes then so too will the personality of the one who acts according to the brain.
The sense of right and wrong would change without any previous reference to the sense once held by the persona. In this sense that would be saying that a person who commits an evil act would not be responsible for that act, which is enough to be declared insane. But as shown by trials of criminals they chose to act in such a manner even though they knew there would be repercussions and knew that their acts would be regarded as evil but they were motivated by material gain whether in monetarial or sexual satisfaction sense.
polymath257 wrote:
I am not sure what 'free will' actually means, but it is probably an illusion from having so many different projected futures.
<quoted text>
Referring to the above post, take the example of where adults murder children and then claim they were 'crazy'. If they were truly crazy they would do something like try and kill an entire football team armed only with a carrot, but they chose children because they knew it was an easy target.
In other words they made a conscious decision to attack someone they knew was utterly defenceless against them, they had foresaw the result of that attack against that victim.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Activities have value depending on how they promote the well-being and self-fulfillment of people.
<quoted text>
Humans are the ones making the value judgments, so yes.
<quoted text>
The well-being and fulfillment of humans. The basic rules are: think and care.
<quoted text>
Partly. It is also partly because I have studied that time period and know it was an incredibly superstitious time where people believed in many different 'mystery religions', often with baptisms, gods as people, and personal redemption. Christianity was only one of many such religions at that time.
All your responses contain the fallacy of blending a fundamental concept of a creating force with the strictures of religion.

These are different concepts. You use easy arguments against the latter concept as proxies for argument against the more difficult former.

It's a common sign of a lazy intellect.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
All your responses contain the fallacy of blending a fundamental concept of a creating force with the strictures of religion.
There is no "fundamental concept of a creating force" you idiotic moron.

Did you copy and paste that out of some creationist's website?

For it's obvious you are clueless as to the meaning of the words.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Howl on! You cornholed bitch!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Howl on! You cornholed bitch!
I see you are quite jealous of me.

How sad for you.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

<quoted text>
I see you are quite jealous of me.
How sad for you.
Whats there to be jealous of?
I can be just like you.....a raincoat and a bag of lollies and I can be Bob of QF2

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
These are different concepts. You use easy arguments against the latter concept as proxies for argument against the more difficult former.
It's a common sign of a lazy intellect.
Sh*t the f*ck up you discovery institute creationist piece of sh*t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats there to be jealous of?
I can be just like you.....a raincoat and a bag of lollies and I can be Bob of QF2
It looks like you really can't get over the fact that you have no proof of god and are a lying sack of sh*t.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you really can't get over the fact that you have no proof of god and are a lying sack of sh*t.
There are many things Siro cannot get over.

Mainly because he'd need a working brain, to begin the effort at all...

... sad, really.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are a social species, so compassion is an emotion most of us share.
Compassion is not an emotion per se, it is a judgment that has come about as a result of ones moral and logical decisions and choices. People will risk their own lives and financial gain is they can help someone else if they can relate to that person in that situation. A believer will help a person because they view human life as the highest value on this earth, it is a moral belief that is black and white.
Whereas an atheist who has moral relativism/amorality would most likely let someone drown rather than ruin an expensive suit or watch because to them the value of their physical possessions are of more value than a physical human life.
As for the social species bit?
People relate to people on a personality/intellectual/spiri tual level - not purely physical. People are more likely to get involved in violent confrontations with people of the same race and social class they are in as the inmates of prisons show.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it in one: Siro cannot get over himself.

His ego won't let him.
Siro

Leichhardt, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
His ego won't let him.
And you cant get over a preteen..........without cracking a fat
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Correct.
<quoted text>
His ego won't let him.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Correct.
<quoted text>
Sadly, he doesn't get it, either.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

<quoted text>
"you idiotic moron."

an example of your respect for other posters?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

That's why he's grooming Kitten, but Kitten has better taste.
<quoted text>
Sadly, he doesn't get it, either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 30 min Reason Personified 259
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Buck Crick 224,618
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ChristineM 843
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 hr CunningLinguist 29
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 7 hr CunningLinguist 229
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 8 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
Introducing The Universal Religion 14 hr Patrick 737
•••
•••