In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

Jun 2, 2012 Full story: www.gallup.com

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Jun 3, 2012
Noo! Stop ... stop linking these. Please! I beg of you! We look bad enough.*pouts* Not fair, we're a laughing stock in industrialized civilization.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#2 Jun 28, 2012
And we wonder why US students ranked 17th in science. My guess is 46% of the American kids froze when there wasn't a 'Goddidit' choice on the multiple choice questions. Or, maybe they were using the biblical value of pi, which is just 3, in all their calculations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 233,043
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 2 hr Morse 7
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 2 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Morse 1,450
More from around the web