What Made You Decide that Atheism Was...

What Made You Decide that Atheism Was For You?

Created by HardQuestions RealAnswers on Jan 25, 2014

1,214 votes

Click on an option to vote

I hate God.

I hate Jesus.

I hate Buddha.

I hate Shiva, et cetera (Hindu Pantheon).

I hate Religion.

Science/Reason.

I Like to Piss off Religious Folks.

Woke Up on Wrong Side of Bed One Morning.

I hate allah.

I hate my parents.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#137 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>No but

it is repentance, faith, trust..that is believing. You said "followed his word as best I could".

A personal relationship with God is by faith through grace. It's not about what you can do.
Yes dear...by faith...having faith and following gods word is supposed to be what he asked from us. Since you feel the need for bible verses and apparently don't know your gods inspiring words to his people I'll help you with one

2 Timothy 3:16-17 ( I believe you posted this earlier)
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Just for a little bit if the contradiction I spoke of, lets throw this one in...:-)

1 Timothy 4:13
Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.

I could continue, but you should understand now. I followed his word by trusting him, obeying his laws, so on and so on and so on. I did no differently than you do now, I'm sure. As I said...why would I waste time in something that I do not believe or have faith in?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#138 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell exactly how it was just by your posts. You believed in God, went to church and lived as moral of a life as you possible could, probably even had good works. You lived a life trying to do things on your own to make your relationship right with God.

Didn't work did it?
Trying to do things on my own? How do you try to do things? Is there another way? Lol

As I stated...my relationship with god was as it should be on my part. I am confused as to what you think I did wrong as a believer.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#139 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>We are all God's CREATION not all His children.

Ephesians 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
You are right...the bible doesn't say we are all gods children. I stand corrected.

This verse is however not the reason why lol. The bible simply just never states we are his children...it just says we are his creation.

We were supposed to have been created in gods own image, so we are, by nature, gods creation. There was no evil until he created it. Logically that can be the only truth.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#140 Feb 4, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes dear...by faith...having faith and following gods word is supposed to be what he asked from us. Since you feel the need for bible verses and apparently don't know your gods inspiring words to his people I'll help you with one
2 Timothy 3:16-17 ( I believe you posted this earlier)
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Just for a little bit if the contradiction I spoke of, lets throw this one in...:-)
1 Timothy 4:13
Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.
I could continue, but you should understand now. I followed his word by trusting him, obeying his laws, so on and so on and so on. I did no differently than you do now, I'm sure. As I said...why would I waste time in something that I do not believe or have faith in?
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth: lol....it doesn't mean you can't preach it but to constantly be reading it, studying it.

lol..yeah you knew the Bible, you studied it!!

Let me guess, you say I'm wrong.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#141 Feb 4, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to do things on my own? How do you try to do things? Is there another way? Lol
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

*having a relationship with God has NOTHING to do what we can do.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#142 Feb 4, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no evil until he created it. Logically that can be the only truth.
Scripture says that when God finished His creation, He saw everything and declared it very good. Evil originates not from God but from the fallen man. Man corrupted the pure nature he had received from the Lord.

and just in case you were going to post Isaiah 45 "God said I create evil". I can explain that as well if you'd like.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#143 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>Scripture says that when God finished His creation, He saw everything and declared it very good. Evil originates not from God but from the fallen man. Man corrupted the pure nature he had received from the Lord.

and just in case you were going to post Isaiah 45 "God said I create evil". I can explain that as well if you'd like.
Lmao! No no...that's ok. I'm not sure how this was turned into a bible verse war. I'm also not sure how me saying that I tried to follow his word as best I could turned into you thinking that meant me doing some sort of "works" or "deeds".

When I thought I had a relationship with your god, I followed him and his son...simply put. No knocking on doors like Jehovah's witnesses... I was already accepted into the book. There is no reason for this to be so complicated in your head. I used to be a believer and now I am not. Just like I used to be a child, and now I am not.

You can disagree with that if you like, but it doesn't change how it happened for me hun.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#144 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>Scripture says that when God finished His creation, He saw everything and declared it very good. Evil originates not from God but from the fallen man. Man corrupted the pure nature he had received from the Lord.

and just in case you were going to post Isaiah 45 "God said I create evil". I can explain that as well if you'd like.
I was under the idea that evil came from the tree of knowledge and we broke gods rule and gained the knowledge so that made us evil and so we were punished. Damn...you aren't making the bible seem near as clear as it reads.

God created everything didn't he Chuck?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#145 Feb 4, 2014
john wrote:
I tried to help you atheists but one of your followers kept wiping out what I did. I know it was an atheist because he would always comment about my poll selection. It sounds like you have a problem. I am an agnostic myself but I keep my own views.
We atheist do well without your type of help. And we do not wipe out your posts, we can't. Even you and your god/s can't do that. To rid the threads of the dis-allowed type postings, it takes a higher power (topix's own mods) to get involved.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#146 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine said: The human concept of morality comes from humanity
Thinking said: Morals evolve.
*Which one of you is right?
Both are.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#147 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: my vicar considered me Christian
sweetheart...no doubt one of the funniest things I've read on this forum.
Sort of like when your *_________ said you were a Christain?

*Fill in the blank. Minister, preacher, witch doctor, priest, sooth sayer, prophet, JuJu man, Sunday school teacher, elder, saviour, pastor, parents, etc

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#148 Feb 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not what I believe, it's what God's Word says.
1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.
you keep saying atheists were once Christians. The Bible says if they were true Christians, they would stay Christians. "THEY ARE NOT OF US"..did you catch this part???
Hey Dumbass, we all did exactly that, back when we were Christains. And some of us stayed Christain until we read the buybull.
Now I get that you think Christains can't ever get a clue, as to the biblical truth, if they do they were never Christains anyway, and actually what you think is pure bullshit. Even Christains can wake up.

and yeah .......;.. "THEY ARE NOT OF US".... but they once were.

Tree of knowledge ring a bell?
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#149 Feb 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post again. I stated what a religion is.
A polite person, when asked to clarify a point, will do so. Your response is rude. Is that consistent with your brand of Christianity?
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#150 Feb 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
whether you agree or not the Bible is the authority on a Christian's life. Lets compare what the Bible says about being a Christian to what Christine said>
Christine said: I was christened, I attended church, I behaved as I believe a christian should behave, my vicar considered me Christian.
Bible says: Romans 10: if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
*Not my words but God's.
So Paul was God?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#151 Feb 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pissing you off?? You want a hug?
Ohh, no, idiocy never p|sses me off, it does make me sad that the human intellect can develop such stupidity and ignorance, I have even been known to be concerned for the sanity of those effected. But it takes considerably more that a dumbo with a god fetish and an internet connection to piss me off.

For a start your pathetic trolling and silly attempts at deliberate antagonism are nothing more than childish pranks, my 7 year old son has already passed the ‘why’ stage, he would now much rather open a book and educate himself. It seems you haven’t yet reached that stage so you choose to get your christian kicks from displaying your deliberate ignorance.

You would need to be a christian with the guts detonate a bomb in a shopping centre or a christian with the guts to attempt child murder to p|ss me off. Silly, cowardly morons like you who hide behind a keyboard over 3000 miles away have little effect other than the fun of watching their childish antics and if course it does pass the time while my computers are doing there thing.

And still you do not realised how you can escape the childish fear of your mythical god, nor that it is not your decision to stamp you foot and proclaim who is/was christian or not. From what I have read of your previous posts you don’t know what christianity is anyway.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#152 Feb 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
whether you agree or not the Bible is the authority on a Christian's life. Lets compare what the Bible says about being a Christian to what Christine said>
Christine said: I was christened, I attended church, I behaved as I believe a christian should behave, my vicar considered me Christian.
Bible says: Romans 10: if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
*Not my words but God's.
Did you not bother reading my post, the fact that you have on several occasions duplicated my post only tells of your deliberate troll like ignorance.

Why are you focussing on my vicar? Why are you cherry picking and omitting ”I was christened, I attended church, I behaved as I believe a christian should behave,”

Tell me, have you been christened? Do you attend church? do you behave as you believe a christian should behave? If no to any of there then you are not a christian

I will tell you why you are being so choosy, because you are a typical christian hate merchant. All you want to do is antagonise the atheist because you believe you will get extra god points for it yet all you are really doing is displaying you deliberate ignorance for all to see. It’s rather like showing you’re a$$ in public.

Why do you have such a fetish about my early life? Is it because god has forsaken you so you need to find another to worship? Sorry butt brain, I have enough worshippers, thank you for the offer but I gracefully decline.

And I am pretty sure that no god was implicated in the writing of Romans so you once again show that you know fook all about the babble.

It is said that Paul wrote Romans, you should read his story, not the babble story but the historical documentation that shows him in under his real name of Saulus to be far from being a christian but a betrayer of christians and your late JC buddy.

Oh what a fine christian you are turning out to be.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#153 Feb 5, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>and yeah .......;.. "THEY ARE NOT OF US".... but they once were.
Doesn't say they once were dumb dumb. Thanks for the reply though.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#154 Feb 5, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
So Paul was God?
Not worth answering..thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#155 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, no, idiocy never p|sses me off, it does make me sad that the human intellect can develop such stupidity and ignorance, I have even been known to be concerned for the sanity of those effected. But it takes considerably more that a dumbo with a god fetish and an internet connection to piss me off.
For a start your pathetic trolling and silly attempts at deliberate antagonism are nothing more than childish pranks, my 7 year old son has already passed the ‘why’ stage, he would now much rather open a book and educate himself. It seems you haven’t yet reached that stage so you choose to get your christian kicks from displaying your deliberate ignorance.
You would need to be a christian with the guts detonate a bomb in a shopping centre or a christian with the guts to attempt child murder to p|ss me off. Silly, cowardly morons like you who hide behind a keyboard over 3000 miles away have little effect other than the fun of watching their childish antics and if course it does pass the time while my computers are doing there thing.
And still you do not realised how you can escape the childish fear of your mythical god, nor that it is not your decision to stamp you foot and proclaim who is/was christian or not. From what I have read of your previous posts you don’t know what christianity is anyway.
does your rant have anything to do with me saying you were never a Christian?

too long, I stopped reading have way through. Don't waste your time with all that typing, I don't read it anyway
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#156 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not bother reading my post,
no

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Aura Mytha 67,414
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 min Regolith Based Li... 28,684
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr yehoshooah adam 3,546
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web