What Made You Decide that Atheism Was...

What Made You Decide that Atheism Was For You?

Created by HardQuestions RealAnswers on Jan 25, 2014

1,214 votes

Click on an option to vote

I hate God.

I hate Jesus.

I hate Buddha.

I hate Shiva, et cetera (Hindu Pantheon).

I hate Religion.

Science/Reason.

I Like to Piss off Religious Folks.

Woke Up on Wrong Side of Bed One Morning.

I hate allah.

I hate my parents.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#291 Feb 15, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...no dictatorships huh?
I'm 80 years old. As I've posted before I started school in Milan, TN circa 1940. A typical grammar school day included praying, the pledge of allegiance, assigned bible verses to memorize and random prayers. That was the dictatorship, brainwashing etc. Why don't you "Thumpers" try some of those tactics now?
All god worship is on it's way out. Today's young don't pay much attention to that crap and most of them place it into the fairy tale, myth category.
The abuse you suffered as a child was typical of Christian brain washing. But that abuse givea you both right to dictate you rules on a PUBLIC thread. You should also note that you are not the only one abused by good Christians.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#292 Feb 15, 2014
Both = no.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#294 Feb 15, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
And it was enough to school you...
You really aren't very good at this. But since your fails do reflect back to what you have chosen to be, it ain't all bad.
Look up the word "projection", then try to wrap your head around "to school".

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#295 Feb 15, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how long it's been since one of them actually did what Jesus asked them to do:
Do they turn the other cheek?
Do they walk the extra mile?
Do they love their neighbors?
Do they love their enemies?
Do they pray for those who curse and despise them?
If a man sues them in court for their coat do they volunteer to also give him their cloak?
Do they ever tell a lie?
Are they perfect even as the father is perfect?
Do they tithe their gross?
Do they take no thought for tomorrow?
That is the life Jesus instructed them to live. During my 80 years on this planet without reservation the biggest fakes, dupes and hypocrites I've ever met have been so called Christians. They're Suckers. P T Barnum said there's one born every minute.
I couldn't agree more. I have no absolutely no respect for someone who thumps the buybull, but refuses to live the buybull, and I do call them on it..
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#296 Feb 16, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree more. I have no absolutely no respect for someone who thumps the buybull, but refuses to live the buybull, and I do call them on it..
Most of them don't know what's in it anyway. That's why I read it the first time while I was still in high school along with the book of Mormon and several other writings associated with the larger faiths. I had most of the New Testament memorized chapter and verse before I was thirty.

A couple of years ago some teen aged Christian had been putting the con on my teen aged grandson. My grandson had actually gone to church with him a few times. The teen was an outspoken racist, not too unusual here in east Tennessee and he also had an abrasive personality...not to just me, to nearly everyone. I took him long with two of my grandsons night fishing once and the kid made the mistake of bringing up the bible and his faith to me that night. Over the next few hours, fishing was slow, I grilled his ass to fare thee well and my grandsons saw and heard me prove that he had no clue what is in the bible. A year or so ago my daughter told me that my grandson never went to church with him again after that. Like I said...my childhood brainwashing kept me at least in the church till I was over sixty years old and now I'm on a mission. It's just a matter of time till that whole thing will be accepted the same way the old Greek and Roman gods are today....as mythology.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#297 Feb 18, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how long it's been since one of them actually did what Jesus asked them to do:
Do they turn the other cheek?
Do they walk the extra mile?
Do they love their neighbors?
Do they love their enemies?
Do they pray for those who curse and despise them?
If a man sues them in court for their coat do they volunteer to also give him their cloak?
Do they ever tell a lie?
Are they perfect even as the father is perfect?
Do they tithe their gross?
Do they take no thought for tomorrow?
That is the life Jesus instructed them to live. During my 80 years on this planet without reservation the biggest fakes, dupes and hypocrites I've ever met have been so called Christians. They're Suckers. P T Barnum said there's one born every minute.
^5.

non christians do more for their community than those who claim to be christian.

I am an atheist. Alot of people are shocked when they find out I do not believe in any god/s. And often say that they are shocked to hear I am not a bliever.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#300 Feb 19, 2014
Charities couldn't function without non-believers....
From:
https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-an...
"...when asked the census question ‘What is your religion?’, 61% of people in England and Wales ticked a religious box (53.48% Christian and 7.22% other) while 39% ticked ‘No religion’.
When the same sample was asked the follow-up question ‘Are you religious?’, only 29% of the same people said ‘Yes’ while 65% said ‘No’, meaning over half of those whom the census would count as having a religion said they were not religious."
Unquote.

I wrote this reply to you yesterday which disappeared for some reason.(It isn't rude and has no offensive material).

Anyway, I thought I'd repeat this bit you might like - a song by Jonny Eve....
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#301 Feb 19, 2014
Charities couldn't function without non-believers....
From:
https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-an ...
"...when asked the census question ‘What is your religion?’, 61% of people in England and Wales ticked a religious box (53.48% Christian and 7.22% other) while 39% ticked ‘No religion’.

When the same sample was asked the follow-up question ‘Are you religious?’, only 29% of the same people said ‘Yes’ while 65% said ‘No’, meaning over half of those whom the census would count as having a religion said they were not religious."
Unquote.

I wrote this reply to you yesterday which disappeared for some reason.(It isn't rude and has no offensive material).

Anyway, I thought I'd repeat this bit you might like - a song by Jonny Eve....
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#302 Feb 19, 2014
we were all born athiests

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#303 Feb 20, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...no dictatorships huh?
I'm 80 years old. As I've posted before I started school in Milan, TN circa 1940. A typical grammar school day included praying, the pledge of allegiance, assigned bible verses to memorize and random prayers. That was the dictatorship, brainwashing etc. Why don't you "Thumpers" try some of those tactics now?
All god worship is on it's way out. Today's young don't pay much attention to that crap and most of them place it into the fairy tale, myth category.
You think that you're 80, you know everything.

Most christians leave you atheists alone, but you guys have no respect for people's beliefs, can't leave anyone alone unless their atheist and just call us hateful when the majority of don't even start the argument

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#304 Feb 20, 2014
slave traders
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that you're 80, you know everything.
Most christians leave you atheists alone, but you guys have no respect for people's beliefs, can't leave anyone alone unless their atheist and just call us hateful when the majority of don't even start the argument

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#308 Mar 7, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
..........
Most christians leave you atheists alone,.........
^^
( o)(o )
v

Well here is proof that you live on fantasy island.

unless you mean most TRUE christians..........as opposed to christurds like yourself.

who demand all billboards put up by atheists be removed. harrassing the company who owns the billboards..........to anything else atheists do.

your presence on this thread is a perfect example of your hypocrisy. this is an atheist thread,,,,and here you are.....nuff said!!!!

sorry internet persecution points don't count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 16 min yehoshooah adam 3,516
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 67,030
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr Dogen 28,569
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 12 hr superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 12 hr superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web