Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

I am not expecting this to be a very long thread. I am simply using this way to openly state that I do not approve of the commenter known as Skeptic.

I think I may be able to refrain from explaining the specifics as to why, unless challenged. But in general, my purpose is to exclude myself from any criticism of atheists made by anyone who tries to generalize from anything that Skeptic writes. I do not endorse him or his comments, in general. I might agree with some little thing he writes now and then, but it would not be any sort of general endorsement.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

And you found it necessary to create your own thread to say that?

That kind of makes me want to make the same caveat about anything you write.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
And you found it necessary to create your own thread to say that?
That kind of makes me want to make the same caveat about anything you write.
well, if you find me making a false accusation against someone, or if you find me using the f word repeatedly, you should do so - and it would be an imposter and not me doing it. those are two of my reasons for opposing Skeptic in particular. another is thgat I have seen believers attack atheists by quoting Skeptic with phrases such as "Skeptic and other atheists" as if we are like him.
usually I like you, and when I disagree with you I can do so on a particular thread and a particular limited subject. it does not go to your overall attitude and character.
religious people need to repudiate particular religious commenters, if they get too nasty and evil - and I would be much friendlier to a religious person who does repudiate certain religious views, and commenters, and leaders. I would want to know why of course. someone could actually be worse than the person he repudiates!

I am not opposed to Skeptic merely because he is arrogant, and certainly not merely because he is a hard (to the point of being rigid, in the word of another of his critics) atheist. There are some hard atheists with whom I can get along relatively peaceably. But Skeptic did call me a theist for being an agnostic atheist. So that was one of his false accusations. He also criticized me and said he had no respect for me, based on my comments about physics - comments written by someone else, and he hadn't even bothered to check the names carefully. He has other critics besides me - who are sensible commenters. I will be delighted to hear from them if they wish, but it is not necessary.

Sometimes even if just one person stands up against a bully, the point is made.

If you wish to pay attention to skeptic's comments from now on, and come to his defense, it would lower my opinion of you, but I suspect you have not paid any attention to the things I am discussing, so I think that you were just reacting in general terms.

Would you want a Christian to repudiate the particularly evil versions of the christian religion, and the spokesmen for those views? I would, and I would respect the Christian who does speak out and separate himself from the evil views of his religion, and/or the corruption or nastiness of any of its socalled spokesmen.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> well, if you find me making a false accusation against someone, or if you find me using the f word repeatedly, you should do so - and it would be an imposter and not me doing it. those are two of my reasons for opposing Skeptic in particular. another is thgat I have seen believers attack atheists by quoting Skeptic with phrases such as "Skeptic and other atheists" as if we are like him.
usually I like you, and when I disagree with you I can do so on a particular thread and a particular limited subject. it does not go to your overall attitude and character.
religious people need to repudiate particular religious commenters, if they get too nasty and evil - and I would be much friendlier to a religious person who does repudiate certain religious views, and commenters, and leaders. I would want to know why of course. someone could actually be worse than the person he repudiates!
I am not opposed to Skeptic merely because he is arrogant, and certainly not merely because he is a hard (to the point of being rigid, in the word of another of his critics) atheist. There are some hard atheists with whom I can get along relatively peaceably. But Skeptic did call me a theist for being an agnostic atheist. So that was one of his false accusations. He also criticized me and said he had no respect for me, based on my comments about physics - comments written by someone else, and he hadn't even bothered to check the names carefully. He has other critics besides me - who are sensible commenters. I will be delighted to hear from them if they wish, but it is not necessary.
Sometimes even if just one person stands up against a bully, the point is made.
If you wish to pay attention to skeptic's comments from now on, and come to his defense, it would lower my opinion of you, but I suspect you have not paid any attention to the things I am discussing, so I think that you were just reacting in general terms.
Would you want a Christian to repudiate the particularly evil versions of the christian religion, and the spokesmen for those views? I would, and I would respect the Christian who does speak out and separate himself from the evil views of his religion, and/or the corruption or nastiness of any of its socalled spokesmen.
If I have a problem with him or anybody else, I tell them directly (which I have done before with Skeptic).

We are each responsible for ourselves. I don't apologize for others and I don't hold them to my standards.

Most importantly, I don't create separate threads in a forum just to point out the foibles of others.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

This comment you put in the Famous Quotes thread was definitely in the wrong place.
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> when you defend another atheist, show how rational and civil and fair and decent he is. or is merely being an atheist enough for you, and an excuse for all sorts of nastiness? do you have a double standard? see my comment in reply to yours, regarding Skeptic.
I don't "defend other atheists", I defend or I challenge PEOPLE. PERIOD.

(I have actually defended Christians when they are being ganged up on or lied about without good cause. Admittedly it's been a while, but I've been on these thread a few years now.)

You seem to think you get to be the judge of what is an acceptable measure of how an "atheist" should act. You're not. Nobody is.

Atheism is nothing more than a category which includes EVERYBODY who is not in the category theist. Deal with it.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
This comment you put in the Famous Quotes thread was definitely in the wrong place.
<quoted text>
I don't "defend other atheists", I defend or I challenge PEOPLE. PERIOD.
(I have actually defended Christians when they are being ganged up on or lied about without good cause. Admittedly it's been a while, but I've been on these thread a few years now.)
You seem to think you get to be the judge of what is an acceptable measure of how an "atheist" should act. You're not. Nobody is.
Atheism is nothing more than a category which includes EVERYBODY who is not in the category theist. Deal with it.
oh, I did not mean you in the sense of you personally. I was paraphrasing your quote. I was essentially saying that if there is a standard for a good human being applying to believers, there should also be a standard for a good human being applying to nonbelievers as well. I am not setting a standard for an atheist as an atheist - since of course that includes everyone who is not in the theist category. But I can have a standard of how a good person should act, and Skeptic does not act like a good person.

You are a bit arrogant yourself, and sort of foolishly and needlessly condescending, in trying to tell me what atheism is, but forgiveable since obviously you do not bother to read my comments carefully enough to know what I have written many times about the definition of atheism. We all have too many comments to skim over to be sure of the views of each of the others. You do a wonderful job of providing excellent quotes from various persons and I appreciate it. Often your own comments are worthwhile, also.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have a problem with him or anybody else, I tell them directly (which I have done before with Skeptic).
We are each responsible for ourselves. I don't apologize for others and I don't hold them to my standards.
Most importantly, I don't create separate threads in a forum just to point out the foibles of others.
Yes, she is very arrogant.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Why create a thread to repudiate me?

Just produce some evidence of your claims...

...oh yeah, that's right, that's why you created a thread instead...

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Repudiate? Lordy, Haven’t Forgotten sounds just like my pastor! Ever since I’ve been old enough to hunt bear with a switch, I’ve known that “repudiate” is Southern Baptist church slang for,“Get out the nail gun, the two-by-fours and the duct tape…we’re goin’ on an old-timey crucifixion!” Sometimes,“repudiation” is used as part of our Christian Crack Whore Ministry (CCWM). My pastor regularly “repudiates” congregants. He calls them “fowl devotees” and gets the deacons to smack 'em upside their hell bound heads with a sock full of wooden screws. He also makes them listen to Gary Puckett’s “Young girl get out of my mind! My love for you is way out of line!” over and over and over again until they want to commit suicide by driving off a cliff and they have the brain functionality of an ashtray. After the song, our pastor calls the police and has the “fowl devotees” arrested for trespassing and trying to break and enter into God's Holy House!

I was repudiated only once for asking the pastor why Chinese people sound like retardeds when they talk. My pastor said that Chinese folks might sound right funny to us, but the babble they spit out of their buck-toothed mouths is actually Holy Spirit communication if they’ve been saved unto Jesus and repudiated godless Communism. Our church sends $200.00 a year to support a Baptist missionary family in China. They were trained to speak John 3:16 in Chiny talk with the hopes of leading people to Christ and teaching them to speak American. They're adding a few slanty-eyed brethren to the Lords' kingdom each year without the need to “repudiate” anyone. Let’s not repudiate Mr. Skeptic. Amen!

This pastor repudiates the Devil:

http://youtu.be/r4x9P62N2w0

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

AmericasBestChristian wrote:
Repudiate? Lordy, Haven’t Forgotten sounds just like my pastor! Ever since I’ve been old enough to hunt bear with a switch, I’ve known that “repudiate” is Southern Baptist church slang for,“Get out the nail gun, the two-by-fours and the duct tape…we’re goin’ on an old-timey crucifixion!” Sometimes,“repudiation” is used as part of our Christian Crack Whore Ministry (CCWM). My pastor regularly “repudiates” congregants. He calls them “fowl devotees” and gets the deacons to smack 'em upside their hell bound heads with a sock full of wooden screws. He also makes them listen to Gary Puckett’s “Young girl get out of my mind! My love for you is way out of line!” over and over and over again until they want to commit suicide by driving off a cliff and they have the brain functionality of an ashtray. After the song, our pastor calls the police and has the “fowl devotees” arrested for trespassing and trying to break and enter into God's Holy House!
I was repudiated only once for asking the pastor why Chinese people sound like retardeds when they talk. My pastor said that Chinese folks might sound right funny to us, but the babble they spit out of their buck-toothed mouths is actually Holy Spirit communication if they’ve been saved unto Jesus and repudiated godless Communism. Our church sends $200.00 a year to support a Baptist missionary family in China. They were trained to speak John 3:16 in Chiny talk with the hopes of leading people to Christ and teaching them to speak American. They're adding a few slanty-eyed brethren to the Lords' kingdom each year without the need to “repudiate” anyone. Let’s not repudiate Mr. Skeptic. Amen!
Great post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

AmericasBestChristian wrote:
You sir / madam rock.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
Why create a thread to repudiate me?

Just produce some evidence of your claims...

...oh yeah, that's right, that's why you created a thread instead...
Oh like the thread you created about me? You have no reason to complain. You are an arse!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh like the thread you created about me? You have no reason to complain. You are an arse!
This thread is old and died a long time ago. Trust a dishonest creationist to ressurect something that was disproven centuries ago...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

BURNT OFFERINGS wrote:
EdumacatedTwhat stanks of desperation. He couldn't repudiate a dead fly. An' that all yew can say about th-at!
But your wife can do many things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>This thread is old and died a long time ago. Trust a dishonest creationist to ressurect something that was disproven centuries ago...
You are right, you being a decent person has been disproven a long time ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, you being a decent person has been disproven a long time ago.
I don't understand your primitive response.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand your primitive response.
You don't understand any response. Lol! You're too dumb!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand any response. Lol! You're too dumb!
21 posts and not a single repudiation. Great job argument losers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>21 posts and not a single repudiation. Great job argument losers.
Nobody accepts you. You're too dumb.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody accepts you. You're too dumb.
This is coming from a Creationist who has failed to convice anyone that the world is 6000 years old.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••