Religion will never go completely away

Mar 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Arch anti- religion proponent Richard Dawkins got soundly beaten recently in an Oxford Union debate over the future of religion.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2013

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Yes it will, religion has become vaguer than it once was and will become vaguer still. I.E. the word spiritual is used in many cases today not to describe a supernatural event or belief, but as a part of appreciating life. Thatís why we atheists are called cold hearted and un-appreciating.

Most religious people in the UK are not opposed to abortion, the percentage of people in the UK as a whole who want to keep or raise the deadline of legal abortion is 46%, with 28% wanting it lowered and 7% wanting a complete ban. But 43% of religious people want to keep or raise the deadline of legal abortion, 30% want it lowered and 9% want a ban. Even Catholics favour legal abortion only 14% of Catholics wishing they could ban abortion.

The best part of all this is 44% believe that human life begins at conceptionÖ religious people donít understand their own religion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 27, 2013
Author is a religious tool. Blogs like the examiner have no editorial standards at all..letting a religious life coach write about atheists...bollocks...
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#3 Mar 28, 2013
No sources quoted again.

Looks like this Bill Robinson is as full of sh!t as a priest's foreskin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 12 min CunningLinguist 28
100% Faith Free 37 min CunningLinguist 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,355
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 6 hr Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 9 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 11 hr Jaimie 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••