Atheism continues its growth

Oct 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

In an article on Salon , atheism is recognized as not just a viewpoint, but as a movement.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Oct 24, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 13, 2012
 
Atheism isn't an "ism", but it is true that more and more people are moving away from all "isms".

The "isms" longer make sense, we have been educated as to the cause and effects, of those things once attributed to the actions of the gods.

Knowledge is the surefire death of the gods, and today knowledge is available to almost every human on the planet.

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 14, 2012
 

Judged:

6

4

3

You don't realize that god is all around you. You are a part of this divine creator.

Just make sure you're not denying your own existence because that makes you sound like an idiot.
Chuckles

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gramen Ferox wrote:
You don't realize that god is all around you. You are a part of this divine creator.
Just make sure you're not denying your own existence because that makes you sound like an idiot.
Thank you Obi Wan Kenobi...Which god?...The Force?...In the words of Princess Leia, "you are our only hope"...and we have midi-chlorians that connect us to the Force so how can anyone reject the Force?

"Midi-chlorians are a microscopic lifeform that reside within all living cells and communicate with the Force.... Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force."

~Qui Gon Jinn, Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Fairy tales, fairy tales, fairy tales....LOL!!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 14, 2012
 
Gramen Ferox wrote:
You don't realize that god is all around you. You are a part of this divine creator.
Just make sure you're not denying your own existence because that makes you sound like an idiot.
I do assure you that I am quite real. The gods of my forefathers, had no hand in my creation, and the gods of a foreign land, those of the Abrahamic religions, had even less influence.

There were two human people who together, through sexual union created me, their child, and there were no gods needed, to faciltate conception. So put your fear to rest, you are the only one who has ever implied that I might possibly deny my own existence, and that simply won't happen.

To deny a so called god, who claimed to have created a man, only to till the earth, and then to couple that man with his own clone, who would have certainly been of the same sex as that first dirt dude ... well no matter how that is spun, the god is seriously whacked, a total fail. So yeah, sanity deems that I do deny that particular joke deity.

I am a part of this planet, I am a part of the natural world, I am no part of an imaginary reward/punishment system which only pertains to the deceased. So, you'll not berate me into denying my parents, and we both know that our parents were the only real reason either of us exist.

Now I wouldn't want you sounding like an idiot here, but while your parents were conceiving you, they may have needed some sort of help, that mine didn't, and you say that I am part of this god, so I will assume that claim also includes you, which would make you a "child of god"? If so, then I guess Jehovah's contribution would have had to have been sperm. Are you Immanuel, the prophesied savior, come at last?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 15, 2012
 
It is misleading to describe humanism as a movement, much less atheism. Atheism is simply disbelief in gods as currently defined - nothing more. Some 'nones' aren't atheists and a few may have superstitious beliefs similar to religionists generally.

Religion = superstition.

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Did you even read my post?

Just as each cell is a part of us, we are a part of something even greater.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 15, 2012
 
Gramen Ferox wrote:
Did you even read my post?
Just as each cell is a part of us, we are a part of something even greater.
Why should we believe a failled Creationist who was lued out of this forum for suggesting the ear is 6000 years old?

There are lies and there are stupid lies and stupid lies are all you Creationists can manage.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 15, 2012
 
Gramen Ferox wrote:
Did you even read my post?
Just as each cell is a part of us, we are a part of something even greater.
If you had read mine, you would know that I read and responded to every word in yours.

That I find yours to be incredibly silly, doesn't negate that I read it.

Now I get, you have had a conversation with either bat trails, invisible air monkeys or locust droppings or something of that nature, and you have pronounced yourself to be a prophet of the god who would lay a three year old girl down to be impaled by an adult penis, and when she stood again she would be called wife.

That is no god, that is a pervert, who is sanctioning the rape of the just potty trained.

You get no respect for that, none at all.

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we believe a failled Creationist who was lued out of this forum for suggesting the ear is 6000 years old?
There are lies and there are stupid lies and stupid lies are all you Creationists can manage.
TROLL! I never claimed earth was 6000 years old. And I never said anything about any invisible old guy in the sky.

Also I don't give a shit about creationism.

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>If you had read mine, you would know that I read and responded to every word in yours.
That I find yours to be incredibly silly, doesn't negate that I read it.
Now I get, you have had a conversation with either bat trails, invisible air monkeys or locust droppings or something of that nature, and you have pronounced yourself to be a prophet of the god who would lay a three year old girl down to be impaled by an adult penis, and when she stood again she would be called wife.
That is no god, that is a pervert, who is sanctioning the rape of the just potty trained.
You get no respect for that, none at all.
Huh?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 16, 2012
 
Gramen Ferox wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
So you aren't one of Jehovah's? Or, is it that you don't know the Abrahamic religions gods?

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So you aren't one of Jehovah's? Or, is it that you don't know the Abrahamic religions gods?
I am every religion. I believe all is one.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 22, 2012
 
Gramen Ferox wrote:
<quoted text>
I am every religion. I believe all is one.
Damn, you must be well fractured mentally.

Since: Oct 12

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Today's religion = Tomorrow's mythology

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ouja wrote:
Today's religion = Tomorrow's mythology
Religions are schools of thought sadly taken to the extreme.

Interesting fact: All religions carry the same message.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Gramen Ferox wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions are schools of thought sadly taken to the extreme.
Interesting fact: All religions carry the same message.
Interesting fact: no religion has since the dawn of time been able to present any valid evidence, essentially meaning that all religions are elaborate lies spread by people who are ignorant about science and how the world works.

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 23, 2012
 
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting fact: no religion has since the dawn of time been able to present any valid evidence, essentially meaning that all religions are elaborate lies spread by people who are ignorant about science and how the world works.
Got anything to back that bold claim up? Anything besides the idiots you see abusing religion? NOPE!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gramen Ferox wrote:
<quoted text>
Got anything to back that bold claim up? Anything besides the idiots you see abusing religion? NOPE!
Where's you're f*cking god you liar. No proof since the dawn of measurable time itself.

Ignorant fools keep on believing in bullsh*t and asking sane people to convert to stupidity.

“ALONUSAHI ANANAEL”

Since: Oct 09

ST George UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's you're f*cking god you liar. No proof since the dawn of measurable time itself.
Ignorant fools keep on believing in bullsh*t and asking sane people to convert to stupidity.
LOOK. GOD's ever there. God's over here too. Oh look God's so massive you can't see anything BUT God!

Good is everything you see and don't see. If you say you can't see God. YOU ARE THE LIAR!

Now jizzer, will you STILL deny?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 23, 2012
 
Gramen Ferox wrote:
<quoted text>
Got anything to back that bold claim up? Anything besides the idiots you see abusing religion? NOPE!
Are you asking if s/he has any evidence, to prove that there is no evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 8 min Thinking 114
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Thinking 225,697
If Christianity were true... 20 min Thinking 155
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 22 min Thinking 417
Our world came from nothing? 24 min Thinking 368
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 4 hr Thinking 292
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr I can read 21,464

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••