Ball State to review atheism course

Oct 2, 2013 Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette 49

Ball State University's president said it is reviewing a course that a group advocating the teaching of intelligent design maintains is promoting atheism.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#41 Oct 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Repeats the idiot who doesn't understand that the burden of proof lies upon theists to prove their god and not upon atheists to disprove it.
The burden is upon anyone who makes a positive claim, be they atheist or theist.
-Skeptic- wrote:
This is a stupid lie.
<quoted text>
Spoken like a fundamentalist.
Man, you hate irony meters.
-Skeptic- wrote:
This is an entirely unsubstantiated accusation based on no evidence. I don't deny the moon landings and I don't deny that lizards exist, and I never have, and anyone can read your links and work this out.
You are stupid for repeating this claim, based on evidence you've presented to the contrary.
The evidence shows otherwise. If you now wish to recant your previous positions and accept the moon-landings occurred and that lizards do in fact exist then that's your perogative. Do you wish to change your previous position?
-Skeptic- wrote:
Once again, this behaviour explains your desperate lack of understanding of the burden of proof:
1. Just because you accuse me of denying the moon landings, does NOT make it true. Because I choose not to reply to your claims does NOT make your claim true.
2. The burden of proof requires YOU to present evidence that I deny the moon landings - and has nothing to do with me NOT REPLYING to your stupid accusations.
True, however since I did in fact present evidence, and further, you never bothered to respond, this is a moo point. In fact it's your inability to address what I actually say which has gotten you into all this trouble in the first place. Until you actually address the concept of falsifiability and its importance in science and the scientific method I don't see it likely that anything will change.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Atheists DO NOT make positive claims. Atheism is the conclusion after idiot theists and agnostics like yourself have been EXPOSED for lying about the possibility of god.
You deliberately try not to face up to this fact, because you are dishonest at arguing.
Of the two of us, I have not lied. You have since you have made a positive claim. And I've specifically pointed out what it was and why. Multiple times. Over two years.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Nobody is debating whether or not people* make positive claims. We are debating SPECIFICALLY about the claim of *god*.
And atheists are not people? Since you said atheists make no positive claims. And as it turns out, you, who happen to be atheist, made a positive claim that a non-falsifiable concept had been falsified. After two years I am still waiting for you to back up this claim.
-Skeptic- wrote:
This is a classic tactic used by creationist propaganda merchants, to look at a claim RELATIVE to a wider CLAIM -*everyone makes claims - therefore claims are ok* BULLSH*T.
No, claims are okay as long as they can be backed up by evidence. Doesn't matter who they are.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Its already falsified you blithering idiot.
<quoted text>
Its been falsified you blithering idiot.
See? This is what I'm talking about. Not addressing what I say and merely repeating your original claim along with an insult. THAT is a classic tactic used by creationist propaganda merchants.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Again, nobody is arguing this.
Good. Then you do not deny that you're a fundie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#42 Oct 11, 2013
contd
-Skeptic- wrote:
You're very good at bringing up topics that nobody is debating, all the while misleading readers away from the main argument you fail at - burden of proof, and you not understanding it in any shape or form.
You've turned "not understanding" the burden of proof into a "way of life" - making accusations, and claiming they are valid - based on the absence of a challenge to the contrary!!!
On the contrary, I'm very good at directly addressing the actual content of people's posts with my own, and backing up my claims in the process.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Just like all the religious liars we see every single day here. We're not stupid and can see straight through your fallacies bullsh*tting dude.
I have made no fallacies in this case. And if you can't challenge what I ACTUALLY say instead of what I do not say then that is NOT my problem.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#43 Oct 12, 2013
The only sentence you need to type right now is:

"Skeptic, I'm sorry, you've been right all along, the burden of proof IS upon the idiots that invented god and not on atheists, I'm sorry for lying about this for the past two years. I'm also sorry for claiming you denied the moon landings & lizards, it was a stupid thing to say, and I only said it because I was losing the argument really really badly, and thought it might make you look mad and I would win, but it didn't work"

Apology accept dude, you may f*ck off now.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#44 Oct 12, 2013
Come back and post when you've understood that:

1. Atheism makes no claims, while all theists do.
2. The burden of proof is on the claimant - ie. theists.

That's all you need to understand and accept. No further discussion or comment on the facts above is required.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45 Oct 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The only sentence you need to type right now is:
"Skeptic, I'm sorry, you've been right all along, the burden of proof IS upon the idiots that invented god and not on atheists, I'm sorry for lying about this for the past two years. I'm also sorry for claiming you denied the moon landings & lizards, it was a stupid thing to say, and I only said it because I was losing the argument really really badly, and thought it might make you look mad and I would win, but it didn't work"
Apology accept dude, you may f*ck off now.
Skip, we both know I've never lied and I even provided the link to the very thread in question. And further, given you multiple opportunities to re-examine your position. You declined to do so again.

Note also that again you could have addressed my last post directly, but instead you did the usual - responded with ad-hom followed by a simple re-statement of your argument which I debunked years ago.

Keep chasing your tail, Skip.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#46 Oct 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Come back and post when you've understood that:
1. Atheism makes no claims, while all theists do.
2. The burden of proof is on the claimant - ie. theists.
That's all you need to understand and accept. No further discussion or comment on the facts above is required.
1 - Atheism itself may make no claims, however you personally, have.

2 - The burden of proof is upon anyone who makes the positive claim, be they atheist, theist or whatever. As usual you ignored the fact the burden of proof was addressed VERY directly on the other thread.

3 - You've ignored all the times you've had other fallacies pointed out. Such as aliens definitely do not exist. Multiverse definitely does not exist. According to you. Of course if they MIGHT, then that would be admitting your own hypocrisy. You misuse the scientific method. Ergo you are a fundie. No different from the very people you claim to oppose.

Keep skipping, Skip.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#47 Oct 14, 2013
The only sentence you need to type right now is:

"Skeptic, I'm sorry, you've been right all along, the burden of proof IS upon the idiots that invented god and not on atheists, I'm sorry for lying about this for the past two years. I'm also sorry for claiming you denied the moon landings & lizards, it was a stupid thing to say, and I only said it because I was losing the argument really really badly, and thought it might make you look mad and I would win, but it didn't work"

Apology accept dude, you may f*ck off now.

Or come back and post when you've understood that:

1. Atheism makes no claims, while all theists do.
2. The burden of proof is on the claimant - ie. theists.

That's all you need to understand and accept. No further discussion or comment on the facts above is required.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#48 Oct 14, 2013
(yawn)

Try coming back when you have something I haven't debunked yet, Skip.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#49 Oct 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
(yawn)
Try coming back when you have something I haven't debunked yet, Skip.
Don't hold your breath waiting, Dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min waaasssuuup 227,605
Our world came from nothing? 9 min NightSerf 474
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min Chiclets 22,251
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr TheHeadlines 64
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Jaimie 78
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 3 hr Patrick n Angela 4,105
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 4 hr yup 105
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••