Insane! DOJ Declares Atheism A "Relig...

Insane! DOJ Declares Atheism A "Religious Movement",...

There are 1726 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Aug 28, 2013, titled Insane! DOJ Declares Atheism A "Religious Movement",.... In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Is the DOJ collectively inhaling something toxic? The U.S. Justice Department has just identified atheism as a "religious movement" .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1143 Oct 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again, bob- inventing new definitions for words. Or are you simply confused, unclear as to the difference between "revenge" and "punishment" (or "penalty" to be strict with the scriptures)...nope, you're just being your usual paranoid self.
The only reason to punish, is to prevent future misbehavior.

That is the **only** reason.

If there is zero possibility of future behavior of any kind?

Then it is simply revenge.

Anyone in hell, by **definition** is never going to leave.

Thus?

It is pure REVENGE.

Your god?

Is all about REVENGE.

That's evil.
Effendi Bohong

Denpasar, Indonesia

#1144 Oct 9, 2013
Thank God I'm an Atheist.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1145 Oct 9, 2013
Effendi Bohong wrote:
Thank God I'm an Atheist.
Indeed.

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#1146 Oct 10, 2013
Effendi Bohong wrote:
Thank God I'm an Atheist.
...and thank YOU for the best line of the week!

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#1147 Oct 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason to punish, is to prevent future misbehavior.
That is the **only** reason.
If there is zero possibility of future behavior of any kind?
Then it is simply revenge.
Anyone in hell, by **definition** is never going to leave.
Thus?
It is pure REVENGE.
Your god?
Is all about REVENGE.
That's evil.
That is, according to YOUR logic. Thank God you aren't in charge. Sorry bob, it's a penalty. Do you call Capital Punishment revenge? Even if the defendent knows the penalty before he commits the offense? Silly question since now that I've brought it up, you will.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1148 Oct 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That is, according to YOUR logic. Thank God you aren't in charge. Sorry bob, it's a penalty. Do you call Capital Punishment revenge? Even if the defendent knows the penalty before he commits the offense? Silly question since now that I've brought it up, you will.
Believing that you are right, does not make you right.

Creationist liars rely more on belief than facts and this is why their cult has failed. If they had evidence, atheists wouldn't exist.

Time and time again we see creationists lie through their teeth about god, knowing full well they cannot back up anything they say.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1149 Oct 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That is, according to YOUR logic.
Logic relies upon facts and your creationist cult doesn't have any to speak of...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1150 Oct 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That is, according to YOUR logic. Thank God you aren't in charge. Sorry bob, it's a penalty. Do you call Capital Punishment revenge? Even if the defendent knows the penalty before he commits the offense? Silly question since now that I've brought it up, you will.
"It's a penalty"

Believe in god or burn in a lake of fire for a million times a billion times a trillion years - and then some.

LOL - that's some penalty....

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#1151 Oct 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason to punish, is to prevent future misbehavior.
That is the **only** reason.
If there is zero possibility of future behavior of any kind?
Then it is simply revenge.
Anyone in hell, by **definition** is never going to leave.
Thus?
It is pure REVENGE.
Your god?
Is all about REVENGE.
That's evil.
It's not revenge, it's God gives people what they deserve.

For example, someone murders a person you truly love, and gets away with it, don't you think you deserve Justice.

And therefore God allowed the Devil to create hell.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#1152 Oct 10, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's a penalty"
Believe in god or burn in a lake of fire for a million times a billion times a trillion years - and then some.
LOL - that's some penalty....
You don't actually know who goes to heaven, but certainly a person who disgraces and disrespects God doesn't deserve to go to heaven.

Do you actually think rapists, murderers, abusers, poachers, drug dealers, drug users, gays(which god did not mean to be)etc.

Deserve to go to heaven.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1153 Oct 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't actually know who goes to heaven, but certainly a person who disgraces and disrespects God doesn't deserve to go to heaven.
Do you actually think rapists, murderers, abusers, poachers, drug dealers, drug users, gays(which god did not mean to be)etc.
Deserve to go to heaven.
I don't believe in heaven or hell.

However, Christians DO believe that rapists, murderers, abusers, poachers, and drug dealers DO deserve to go heaven if they repent....right?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1154 Oct 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>...and thank YOU for the best line of the week!
You just do not recognize irony, do you?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1155 Oct 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That is, according to YOUR logic. Thank God you aren't in charge. Sorry bob, it's a penalty. Do you call Capital Punishment revenge? Even if the defendent knows the penalty before he commits the offense? Silly question since now that I've brought it up, you will.
Yes. Capital Punishment, by definition, is revenge.

Since there can be no possibility of a change in future behavior from the victim.

But you hatecultists are all about revenge, are you not?

I have no doubt that you literally get off, thinking about all the criminals our nation has murdered for the sake of petty revenge.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1156 Oct 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not revenge, it's God gives people what they deserve.
What a horrible beast you worship!

You claim that everyone is worth less than pond scum...!

Seriously.

That is messed up.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1157 Oct 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
For example, someone murders a person you truly love, and gets away with it, don't you think you deserve Justice.
Nope. Even then, I am against murdering some one else.

Murdering the criminal won't bring my family back.

Nor will it soothe my hurt-- my family would still be dead in your scenario.

All it would do? Is exact REVENGE.

Not worth it-- it would mean I was as immoral as the killer.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1158 Oct 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
For example, someone murders a person you truly love, and gets away with it, don't you think you deserve Justice.
On the flip side?

All the killer has to do?

Is cry out "Jesus! Forgive me!"

And like MAGIC-- the killer goes to HEAVEN.

What?

The?

EFF?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1159 Oct 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
And therefore God allowed the Devil to create hell.
If your ugly god ALLOWED IT?

YOUR GOD HAS GIVEN HIS APPROVAL.

He may as well have done it himself!

Your god is GUILTY.

And a monster too.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1160 Oct 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't actually know who goes to heaven, but certainly a person who disgraces and disrespects God doesn't deserve to go to heaven.
Do you actually think rapists, murderers, abusers, poachers, drug dealers, drug users, gays(which god did not mean to be)etc.
Deserve to go to heaven.
Yep-- those people get HEAVEN!

All they must do?

Is cast the magic spell: "Jesus! Forgive me!"

... and it's OFF TO HEAVEN FOR THE WHOLE LOT OF'EM.

Nice./end sarcasm

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1161 Oct 10, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in heaven or hell.
However, Christians DO believe that rapists, murderers, abusers, poachers, and drug dealers DO deserve to go heaven if they repent....right?
Yep. And thus revealing the stupidity of the whole idea.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#1162 Oct 10, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in heaven or hell.
However, Christians DO believe that rapists, murderers, abusers, poachers, and drug dealers DO deserve to go heaven if they repent....right?
Yip, just truly forgive God, that's all it takes, but it must be from the heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr 15th Dalai Lama 85,552
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 7 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,869
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web