Comments
161 - 180 of 188 Comments Last updated Oct 10, 2013

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165 Feb 8, 2013
I see this idiot thinks atheism and communism are the same thing.

Low IQ mouth breathers often think that.
Siro

Australia

#166 Feb 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I see this idiot thinks atheism and communism are the same thing.
Low IQ mouth breathers often think that.
Wow!
You really showed me with that response!
Maybe youd like to mention the previous post of mine you had deleted?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#167 Feb 9, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
You really showed me with that response!
Maybe youd like to mention the previous post of mine you had deleted?
The evidence (your pathetic posts) is there for all to see...

... you are just another True Believer™.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#168 Feb 9, 2013
You'd think if they wanted to debate atheists they would at least figure out what atheism is.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence (your pathetic posts) is there for all to see...
... you are just another True Believer™.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#169 Feb 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You'd think if they wanted to debate atheists they would at least figure out what atheism is.
<quoted text>
:)

You would think, as a minimum level of effort.

Of course, True Believers™ are about as lazy as it's possible to be.

No thoughts of any kind needed to be a True Believer™.

After all-- "goddidit" is about as thoughtless as it is possible to be.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#170 Feb 9, 2013
Being a Christhole means your assertions become facts regardless of proof.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
You would think, as a minimum level of effort.
Of course, True Believers™ are about as lazy as it's possible to be.
No thoughts of any kind needed to be a True Believer™.
After all-- "goddidit" is about as thoughtless as it is possible to be.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#171 Feb 9, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to inform you halfwits that I am not a Christian?!?
Seriously.....you parasites deem anyone who doesnt go along with your marxist cult a Christian.
You say I'm really a Christian?
I say youre really a marxist!
Assroach
You behave as an extremist. Since this is the mark of nearly all the Christians here, we assume that you are. If I am wrong, I apologize. Stop acting like an extremist and you'll not be treated as one.

Your attempted insults put you in the league of the extremist Christians/Muslims here. If you don't want to be seen that way, you are the only one who can change it.

Your attempt at insult does not affect my life in any way except to realize that you are not intelligent enough to have a conversation and therefore it is your only resort.

Maybe someday you'll find peace and happiness. I truly hope so.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172 Feb 9, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You behave as an extremist. Since this is the mark of nearly all the Christians here, we assume that you are. If I am wrong, I apologize. Stop acting like an extremist and you'll not be treated as one.
Your attempted insults put you in the league of the extremist Christians/Muslims here. If you don't want to be seen that way, you are the only one who can change it.
Your attempt at insult does not affect my life in any way except to realize that you are not intelligent enough to have a conversation and therefore it is your only resort.
Maybe someday you'll find peace and happiness. I truly hope so.
Hi, WN! Good to see your reasonable posts once again.:D

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#173 Feb 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, WN! Good to see your reasonable posts once again.:D
Hi, Bob!

I've been absent a lot lately. Real life takes precedence over Topix.

Took the two youngest grandsons to a concert last night and the 10 year old got his CD autographed by the artist and the youngest was allowed to go into the sound booth control center and learn how to burn a CD of the live performance. It was a great night for them and for me to see them have such an opportunity. We had a great time all around.

The 10 year old graduates from his C.H.A.M.P.S. course Tuesday and that is another exciting thing. He gets to receive his certificate from the sheriff in the county where he lives. He's really looking forward to it.

Also have several other family things to do this week but am taking a short 'vacation' and just sitting on the deck at the lake and taking it easy for a few days, doing nothing but maybe some fishing and reading. I need the time out.

Don't have internet there any more. Just tv and music. Lots of relaxing CDs and some neighbors that play music and have a cookout now and then.

Also doing a mapping project for a local charity. So I've been busy and it's been fun.

Hope all is well in your world.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174 Feb 9, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, Bob!
I've been absent a lot lately. Real life takes precedence over Topix.
Took the two youngest grandsons to a concert last night and the 10 year old got his CD autographed by the artist and the youngest was allowed to go into the sound booth control center and learn how to burn a CD of the live performance. It was a great night for them and for me to see them have such an opportunity. We had a great time all around.
The 10 year old graduates from his C.H.A.M.P.S. course Tuesday and that is another exciting thing. He gets to receive his certificate from the sheriff in the county where he lives. He's really looking forward to it.
Also have several other family things to do this week but am taking a short 'vacation' and just sitting on the deck at the lake and taking it easy for a few days, doing nothing but maybe some fishing and reading. I need the time out.
Don't have internet there any more. Just tv and music. Lots of relaxing CDs and some neighbors that play music and have a cookout now and then.
Also doing a mapping project for a local charity. So I've been busy and it's been fun.
Hope all is well in your world.
All is well. I took a vacation from Topix. I'm back, but not nearly at the level I was. I no longer check in daily, more like on the weekends, and maybe a couple of times otherwise.

I found new acquaintances over on Facebook instead. It's more fun, as the various pages I'm on are moderated, and True Believers™ are deleted if they get trollish. If they behave, and have conversations, they get to stay.

So no people like Stump-John or Educated-TWhat.(or siro for that matter). It's much more relaxing. And my sometimes overly-philosophical posts are actually appreciated--many of the folk I converse with haven't heard the arguments. So it's fun.

I'm glad your family is also doing well. Good to read of your kids' accomplishments.:D

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#175 Aug 5, 2013
I have two new gods.....Madoka Kaname (Puella magi Madoka Magica) and the Intention of the Abyss (Pandora Hearts) http://pandorahearts.wikia.com/wiki/Intention...

Is Q from Star Trek on there?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176 Aug 5, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
I have two new gods.....Madoka Kaname (Puella magi Madoka Magica) and the Intention of the Abyss (Pandora Hearts) http://pandorahearts.wikia.com/wiki/Intention...
Is Q from Star Trek on there?
I think so.. it's been a while since I put up the list.

I'll have to check my file.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#177 Aug 6, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_gods

Here is a list of mythical gods, distinct from the 2400+ documented omnipotent gods and 1300+ other deities with claimed godlike power. Distinct because the guy who documented them is an admitted and recognised author of fantasy.

I think my favourite and the one so many people worship is Anoia the goddess of things that get stuck in drawers

A close second is Bilious, the “Oh god” of hangovers

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#178 Aug 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, Bob!
I've been absent a lot lately. Real life takes precedence over Topix.
Took the two youngest grandsons to a concert last night and the 10 year old got his CD autographed by the artist and the youngest was allowed to go into the sound booth control center and learn how to burn a CD of the live performance. It was a great night for them and for me to see them have such an opportunity. We had a great time all around.
The 10 year old graduates from his C.H.A.M.P.S. course Tuesday and that is another exciting thing. He gets to receive his certificate from the sheriff in the county where he lives. He's really looking forward to it.
Also have several other family things to do this week but am taking a short 'vacation' and just sitting on the deck at the lake and taking it easy for a few days, doing nothing but maybe some fishing and reading. I need the time out.
Don't have internet there any more. Just tv and music. Lots of relaxing CDs and some neighbors that play music and have a cookout now and then.
Also doing a mapping project for a local charity. So I've been busy and it's been fun.
Hope all is well in your world.
Hi, great to see you again. You have been missed. So glad you are enjoying life to the max…

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#179 Aug 6, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
...
Maybe youd like to mention the previous post of mine you had deleted?
Is this paranoia I see before me?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180 Aug 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this paranoia I see before me?
It's whining by a godbot, I suspect.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#181 Aug 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It's whining by a godbot, I suspect.
You are probably correct, godbot whining caused by deliberate ignorance and paranoia, there is a lot of it about.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#182 Aug 12, 2013
There are also UFO cults that worship alien gods. Veneration can be directed towards spiritual beings of ufo cults. In these cults they claim to be contacted by aliens, including Venusians, Martians, and Devas. Founders of these cults can be regarded as semi-divine themselves and revered as cosmic masters.

Since: May 13

Auckland, New Zealand

#183 Aug 12, 2013
I like how flying spaghetti monster found it's way into the list xD

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#184 Aug 12, 2013
spudgun wrote:
There are also UFO cults that worship alien gods. Veneration can be directed towards spiritual beings of ufo cults. In these cults they claim to be contacted by aliens, including Venusians, Martians, and Devas. Founders of these cults can be regarded as semi-divine themselves and revered as cosmic masters.
It does appear that humans have a strong insanity streak running through the species...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min Anon 226,368
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr Patrick 33
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 1 hr Thinking 5
The Ultimate Evidence of God 1 hr Thinking 59
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Thinking 426
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Patrick 52
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 hr Patrick 173
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••