Comments
141 - 160 of 778 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2013
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#147 Apr 25, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Paulie! Where have you been?
You are one of my favorite RCC slaves. Dedicated to a fault. Kudos!
I hope you are well and pleased with the new pope Frank.:-)
Then let me share the good news with you. Here's where secular humanism will take you, given the chance. Will you support this or fight it?:
THE AFFIRMATIONS OF HUMANISM: A STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php...
[1] We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
[2] We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, explain the world in supernatural terms, and look outside nature for salvation.
[3] We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.
[4] We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.
[5] We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.
[6] We [prefer] negotiation and compromise to [resolve] differences and achiev[e] mutual understanding.
[7] We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.
[8] We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.
[9] We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on [prejudices] and strive to work together for the common good.
[10] We want to protect, preserve and enhance the earth, and avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.
[11] We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.
[12] We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.
[13] Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.
[14] We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. Together we discover normative standards tested by their consequences.
[15] We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.
[16] We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.
[17] We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.
[18] We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas.
[19] We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.
[20] We believe in optimism, hope, learning, truth, joy, tolerance, love, compassion, beauty, and reason rather than pessimism, despair, dogma, ignorance, guilt or sin, fear, hatred, selfishness, ugliness, and blind, irrational faith.
[21] We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.
Allah willing...:-)
Your last two words,'allah willing', only proves that you don't truly believe in what you posted, but are personally no better than those theists you like to think you are better than; you only proved that you too are a hypocrite.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#148 Apr 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
As St Paul wrote: "They will hold to an outward form of godliness but deny its power." What's it power you ask? God!
What secular humanists and atheists have in common is that they cannot distinguish between the trees in the forest of religions and will only lose the war. As the old saying goes: "Know your enemy."
Your last two words,'allah willing', shows you are the problem and not part of the solution.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#149 Apr 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
As St Paul wrote: "They will hold to an outward form of godliness but deny its power." What's it power you ask? God!
What secular humanists and atheists have in common is that they cannot distinguish between the trees in the forest of religions and will only lose the war. As the old saying goes: "Know your enemy."
Sorry Paulie,

You will never convince me of your superstitious beliefs.
Too many Gods are competing for the one true God. I tend to leave celestial comedy alone.

"Allah be praised" <unmasked sarcasm>

"Know your enemy." = REASON- COMMON SENSE- LOGIC

"Know your enemy." = http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Use this site to select scripture B4 posting, yours in Krishna...

"Allah willing"...<unmasked sarcasm>

Missed me didn't ya?:-)
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#150 Apr 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last two words,'allah willing', shows you are the problem and not part of the solution.
Actually the last two words indicate there is another god, and oddly it is not yours!

1.9 Billion people cannot be wrong can they?

Yours in Christ aka 'Saviour on a steek' thx to Jeff Dunham
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#151 Apr 25, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Paulie,
You will never convince me of your superstitious beliefs.
Too many Gods are competing for the one true God. I tend to leave celestial comedy alone.
"Allah be praised" <unmasked sarcasm>
"Know your enemy." = REASON- COMMON SENSE- LOGIC
"Know your enemy." = http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
Use this site to select scripture B4 posting, yours in Krishna...
"Allah willing"...<unmasked sarcasm>
Missed me didn't ya?:-)
All I know is that you don't live according to the humanist manifesto you posted; which makes you a hypocrite. First take the log out of your own eye before trying to remove a speck from someone elseís eye.

I donít know who you are and so I did not miss you.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#152 Apr 25, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the last two words indicate there is another god, and oddly it is not yours!
1.9 Billion people cannot be wrong can they?
Yours in Christ aka 'Saviour on a steek' thx to Jeff Dunham
So you believe there is a god named allah or are you lying? Is lying part of the humanist's manifesto?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#153 Apr 25, 2013
So you believe theists are hypocrites.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last two words,'allah willing', only proves that you don't truly believe in what you posted, but are personally no better than those theists you like to think you are better than; you only proved that you too are a hypocrite.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#154 Apr 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you believe theists are hypocrites.
<quoted text>
It is a common theme from secular/atheists that theists are hypocrites, so he is no better than those he accuses of being hypocrites.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#155 Apr 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe there is a god named allah or are you lying? Is lying part of the humanist's manifesto?
Paulie

I BELIEVE in me - not some imaginary entity.

You are a Roman Catholic are you not?

The RCC does not like Jews correct?
The RCC only tolerates Islam correct?
The RCC denies Krishna et.al.

QQ 4 U - Is your god the exact, same, identical god as these other faiths enjoy?

IF NOT then by fiat there are other gods and you could very well be worshipping the wrong one!

Shalom Infidel
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#156 Apr 25, 2013
But you did state theists are hypocrites.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a common theme from secular/atheists that theists are hypocrites, so he is no better than those he accuses of being hypocrites.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#157 Apr 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
But you did state theists are hypocrites.
<quoted text>
Are you saying they are not?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#158 Apr 25, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying they are not?
:)
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#159 Apr 26, 2013
I'm stating you said theists are hypocrites.
You know, the sort of c**ts like you that post under multiple identities.
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying they are not?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160 Apr 26, 2013
Bill Maher is beginning to see the light. There is still hope for the liberals/seculars/atheists.

&fe ature=player_detailpage
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161 Apr 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I'm stating you said theists are hypocrites.
You know, the sort of c**ts like you that post under multiple identities.
<quoted text>
That is a bigoted statement since not all thesis, as are not all atheists, hypocrits. You are no better than the theists you hate.

Did your little rant make you feel better?
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#162 Apr 26, 2013
Thesis?

If you spent a little less time changing your identity, maybe you'd post coherently.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bigoted statement since not all thesis, as are not all atheists, hypocrits. You are no better than the theists you hate.
Did your little rant make you feel better?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#163 Apr 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
Bill Maher is beginning to see the light. There is still hope for the liberals/seculars/atheists.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WjwMWfWnd1kXX&feature=pla yer_detailpage
How about your pedophile-hiding ex-pope?

Did he quit because he was about to be exposed as a child-raper too?

That seems quite likely.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#164 Apr 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Thesis?
If you spent a little less time changing your identity, maybe you'd post coherently.
<quoted text>
He can't. Lying is a requirement of his religion after all.

Just like his popes.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#165 Apr 27, 2013
Yes, he ran away at the last minute just as did in the 1940s.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
How about your pedophile-hiding ex-pope?
Did he quit because he was about to be exposed as a child-raper too?
That seems quite likely.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#166 Apr 27, 2013
he ^

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ultimate Evidence of God 15 min CunningLinguist 65
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,389
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 7 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 8 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 8 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 9 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••