of 2
Next Last

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#1 Feb 14, 2010
We've all seen it.
LightBearer wrote:
The only two choices that exist are that A) either a God does exist or B) a God does not exist. If the latter is correct then no person has anything to worry about concerning death.
Discussion after discussion.
Listen To This wrote:
He didn't stop there. God raised Him from the dead, during which HE defeated death and the grave. "O Death, where is thy sting? O Grave, where is thy victory?"
There are more that do...
Debrinconcita wrote:
Oh you all know when your at death's door, you'll be begging for God's help. I guarantee that, will happen for sure! Say all you want now but, when the time come's if your still got brain's left. I am sure if somebody was killing you, right now, you would beg for God to stop them, or possessed by a demon, you would want the help of an angel?
..as don't.
friend wrote:
I truely feel sorry for those of you that say there is no God. I know he is real, and the sad thing is that one day you will to, but it will be to late. He is real. I am a Penecostal woman, I am spirit filled, and I have witnessed many miracles in my church. To bad some people will have to find out the hard way.
Time after time.
A wretch like me wrote:
It is beyond me how any one could live without some source of goodness and love which is all that God is!Gee, in the last moments of Madeline Murray O'Hair's life, the queen of the athiest movement,how did it feel to look at death in the eye thinking that there was no goodness and nothing afterward.
When you call them on it,
Doctor Reality wrote:
This is all about human beings choosing to disobey God,and paying the price for it with pain,sickness,and death.
Christians will deny fear..
EMS RESPONDER wrote:
My point was that when you get close to death there are a lot of converts to god.
Or the threat of fear,
correction for blind eyes wrote:
That's very easy to say when you're alive, but what about when you're facing death and you have reality hit you dead in the face. Then what? Will you still cry wolf about God then or will you be on the death bed of repentance before you depart?
..is a part of Christianity.
Anita Break wrote:
DID YOU KNOW THESE FACTS? Death is certain but the Bible speaks about untimely death! Very interesting, read until the end.....It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7):'Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sow,that shall he also reap.
I don't know about you guys
David Newport News wrote:
God is not mocked refers to a more final judgement than will be executed on earth,....more to follow!
....if you ask me?
clarifyer wrote:
you also have the Second death (look it up) which is the death of the soul at the end of a period when Christ himself returns. It is reserved for those who still dont get it (so to speak) even though the truth is before them. This second death is not the soul burning forever and ever but being blotted out like carbon from a log burning. It goes up forever and ever, we never see the log (SOUL) again.
I think its closer to terror.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#2 Feb 14, 2010
I thought this might be a good place to put those inevitable comments that arise in this forum.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#3 Feb 15, 2010
scaritual wrote:
I thought this might be a good place to put those inevitable comments that arise in this forum.
I do believe that this thread will draw some interesting commentary, I can't wait to see the input.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#4 Feb 15, 2010
Reason Personified wrote:
I do believe that this thread will draw some interesting commentary, I can't wait to see the input.

This particular gem is what prompted myself to start the thread.
nysdan wrote:
He executes his word from moment to moment.He has commanded each and every breath He gives you.And He will Command your salvation or your death.

I figure as we each get a similar response during conversations with christians we can post them here.I went to a large thread and brought up pages and searched for "death" in the text.All christian commentators.I stopped at eleven.

Then, when people say "Chistianity isn't about<insert term>!", it might be easy to say.."welllll funny you mention that"...and just link to the page.
The forum moves so quickly sometimes, if you don't specifically save a comment it becomes lost.I wish there was a search function here that allowed some comprehensive queries.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#5 Feb 15, 2010
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
This particular gem is what prompted myself to start the thread.
<quoted text>
I figure as we each get a similar response during conversations with christians we can post them here.I went to a large thread and brought up pages and searched for "death" in the text.All christian commentators.I stopped at eleven.
Then, when people say "Chistianity isn't about<insert term>!", it might be easy to say.."welllll funny you mention that"...and just link to the page.
The forum moves so quickly sometimes, if you don't specifically save a comment it becomes lost.I wish there was a search function here that allowed some comprehensive queries.
Hello there.

I've noticed also that the "Christians" have a set number of standard arguments and responses concerning their beliefs.

A few months ago I began compiling their comments and my answers in a Microsoft Word file.

I currently have about 300 pages filled, and I've decided to write a book based on the material I've collected.

I figured the best contribution I could make to the atheist community, based on my personal background and my particularly iconoclastic bent, would be to produce a "guidebook" for atheists who just want to have fun with fundies.

Let's face it - the fundies are unwavering. They refuse to even look at links that we post, or read books by evolutionary biologists. They even denounce science while they type on highly evolved scientific computing machines!

So my feeling is, if the fundies can't be reasoned with, why not have some fun with them?

It may be a waste of time for some, but hey - what else is there to do while waiting for the next load of laundry to dry?
nina

Canada

#6 Feb 15, 2010
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
So my feeling is, if the fundies can't be reasoned with, why not have some fun with them?...
see if you can get permission to include these:

http://www.atheist-community.org/atheisteve/...

and especially:

Location hidden

#7 Feb 15, 2010

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#8 Feb 15, 2010
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there.
I've noticed also that the "Christians" have a set number of standard arguments and responses concerning their beliefs.
A few months ago I began compiling their comments and my answers in a Microsoft Word file.
I currently have about 300 pages filled, and I've decided to write a book based on the material I've collected.
I figured the best contribution I could make to the atheist community, based on my personal background and my particularly iconoclastic bent, would be to produce a "guidebook" for atheists who just want to have fun with fundies.
Let's face it - the fundies are unwavering. They refuse to even look at links that we post, or read books by evolutionary biologists. They even denounce science while they type on highly evolved scientific computing machines!
So my feeling is, if the fundies can't be reasoned with, why not have some fun with them?
It may be a waste of time for some, but hey - what else is there to do while waiting for the next load of laundry to dry?
A fascinating subject for a book.Long overdue.

The benefits of a book detailing the fallacies and humor etc..of Christianity,is something I'd imagine people would be interested in.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 15, 2010
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>A fascinating subject for a book.Long overdue.
The benefits of a book detailing the fallacies and humor etc..of Christianity,is something I'd imagine people would be interested in.
Thank you! That was very encouraging. I'm going to print your post and pin it to the wall in my study so I can refer to it whenever I start to think I may be wasting my time.

Thanks again.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#10 Feb 16, 2010
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! That was very encouraging. I'm going to print your post and pin it to the wall in my study so I can refer to it whenever I start to think I may be wasting my time.
Thanks again.
Keep us posted-- that sounds like something I'd pay to read.

:D

Have you considered self-publishing on Amazon's Kindle?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#11 Feb 16, 2010
Petro y-que wrote:
Maybe if you would pray once in awhile God would fix your twisted tongue..You don't get embarrassed because you have no soul anymore maybe the Devil already cashed in...So I guess we know where you are going .hahhahhahahhahhahahahhahaha
Another Christian response.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12 Feb 16, 2010
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Christian response.
Ain't they a lovely bunch?/sarcasm

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#13 Feb 16, 2010
nysdan wrote:
The Bible says,give strong drink to him that is ready to perish,I have to say that's very strong drink,but it's meant to show what trouble this world is in with God.It is true,and I'm sorry you do not understand,but you would rather bash and curse god and His book,than ask Him to show you His truth.Denial will lead to death.
Book em nysdano...

Location hidden

#14 Feb 16, 2010
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep us posted-- that sounds like something I'd pay to read.
:D
Have you considered self-publishing on Amazon's Kindle?
I'm keeping all my options open.

I sent a copy of the first three chapters to Prometheus Books, and they expressed some interest.

I'll certainly keep you up to date. Thanks for the encouragement.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#15 Feb 17, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
But those who are not pretenders are well blessed. Everyone must work out their own salvation with fear and trembling.
Fear&Trembling.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#16 Feb 20, 2010
nysdan wrote:
Alexia,
You do realize you're dealing with people of NO understanding of the scriptures.They are spiritually dead,they cannot understand,they consider themselves wiser than God,even denying that His law is written on their hearts,but make a joke of God's Word.Remember,we are speaking to dead people,a bunch of dead men's bones,as in Ezekiel 37.God must give them life,in order for them to see the Kingdom of Heaven,If He does not,they will die in their sins,and may also enter into the day of judgment.Just bear that in mind,while you post.
nysdan talks to dead people.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17 Feb 20, 2010
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
nysdan talks to dead people.
So....you're saying he talks to himself, then?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18 Feb 20, 2010
.... at least he talks to his own brain?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#19 Feb 25, 2010
nysdan wrote:
Even if you did forget the date,you'll be reminded on that day.
There is no escape,unless you die before that date.
Death Cult.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#20 Feb 25, 2010
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there.
Rock on H.E.! Can't wait for a copy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min Eagle 12 235,557
The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr NoahLovesU 717
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 4,758
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr paul porter 16,601
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr Thinking 6,033
Is Religion Childish? 10 hr thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... 18 hr Thinking 1
More from around the web