Darwin is Dead

Darwin is Dead

There are 1205 comments on the Regular Folks United story from Feb 7, 2011, titled Darwin is Dead. In it, Regular Folks United reports that:

Darwin devotees are evangelizing for evolutionism vigorously this month. As close to February 12 as possible they will celebrate the birthday anniversary of former theology major Charles Darwin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Regular Folks United.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1136 Feb 25, 2011
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING wrote:
Nah, it doesn't work. But you can use your imagination.
Imagination is always more harsh anywho...

;)
Mike

Burlington, NC

#1137 Feb 25, 2011
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike. I like your son. I'm proud of him, too. Great story. Reamed the little fascist that tried to get him to conform a new one. Now they all conform to him. Hys-farking-sterical! Please tell him how he impressed a total stranger for me, will you?
Yes, thank you and I will certainly tell him.
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1138 Feb 25, 2011
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagination is always more harsh anywho...
;)
It's a picture of some nut who had her tongue "forked" (split)-- on purpose!

It gave me the chills.

;)
Mike

Burlington, NC

#1139 Feb 25, 2011
<quoted text>
Topix flips me around from Crossville, TN, to various locations in MS and one in AL.
I lived about 30 miles from X-ville about 4 years ago, but I know exactly what you mean. A couple of miles out of town is a place called "The Country Store, I think. It's been around for a very long time. As of 4 years ago, you could go in there and by a photograph of a line of little naked black boys, seen from the rear, at a swimming pool.
Underneath it was the caption: Last one in the pool is a n***er.
There were lots of other incredibly racist items as well -- so bad you felt like you were flung back in time to the 50's or even further. They were proud of their little store. It had a soda fountain in the back, with really good icecream.
I've never forgotten that. I always wondered what would happen if a black person (of any sex or size) walked in there and saw it, but I don't think any ever did -- at least one that would have done something to stop it.
It's a weird world. In any case, I still don't think there's very many black people in X-ville. But oddly, that is where atheists won their case for the right to put the FSM up with the x-mas decorations on the courthouse (I think it was). So they had to take everything down. I was amazed to hear about that.
Topix does the same to me. Great story.
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1140 Feb 25, 2011
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Topix does the same to me. Great story.
Thanks Mike. I loved your story too. But yours was full of hope and promise. Mine was one of degradation and the stubborn persistence of part of the human race to try to keep us in, or drag us back to, a Dark Age.

Your son offers some hope that things might turn around before its too late.

(I'll never understand IP addresses -- but I've been told that it's wherever the strongest signal is. Mine used to put me in Rochester, NY for years after I'd moved south, even though I lived on Long Island -- otherwise known as "the Guyland." ;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1141 Feb 25, 2011
<quoted text>
It's a picture of some nut who had her tongue "forked" (split)-- on purpose!
It gave me the chills.
;)
<<shudder>>>

That >is< an abhorrent image.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1142 Feb 25, 2011
<quoted text>
Thanks Mike. I loved your story too. But yours was full of hope and promise. Mine was one of degradation and the stubborn persistence of part of the human race to try to keep us in, or drag us back to, a Dark Age.
Your son offers some hope that things might turn around before its too late.
(I'll never understand IP addresses -- but I've been told that it's wherever the strongest signal is. Mine used to put me in Rochester, NY for years after I'd moved south, even though I lived on Long Island -- otherwise known as "the Guyland." ;)
The facts are, that nobody understands the Intertubes.

If they say they do? They are foolin' themselves.

:D

That wiley Al Gore-- he really c~cked us up a good'un, din't 'e?

:LOL:

My currently working theory?

Skynet. The intertubes are really skynet.

An' it's jest playin' aroun' righ' now..... one'o deses days?

It's a gonna git'up'off'its electrikal'`ss an do somthin' real mean....

.... jest yew wait.

;)
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1143 Feb 25, 2011
<quoted text>
<<shudder>>>
That >is< an abhorrent image.
It sure was! All piercings give me the creeps -- especially where kids get them now (and even some adults). This, however, even goes beyond piercing.

I do have pierced ears, but I nearly fainted having that done.
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1144 Feb 25, 2011
<quoted text>
The facts are, that nobody understands the Intertubes.
If they say they do? They are foolin' themselves.
:D
That wiley Al Gore-- he really c~cked us up a good'un, din't 'e?
:LOL:
My currently working theory?
Skynet. The intertubes are really skynet.
An' it's jest playin' aroun' righ' now..... one'o deses days?
It's a gonna git'up'off'its electrikal'`ss an do somthin' real mean....
.... jest yew wait.
;)
That was hilarious!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1145 Feb 25, 2011
<quoted text>
It sure was! All piercings give me the creeps -- especially where kids get them now (and even some adults). This, however, even goes beyond piercing.
That reminds me of the woman who was having her labia pierced and inadvertently her boyfriend ended up with a new tongue piercing..........
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1146 Feb 25, 2011
ScienceRules wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of the woman who was having her labia pierced and inadvertently her boyfriend ended up with a new tongue piercing..........
Oh gawd -- MY EYES!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK K!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1147 Feb 25, 2011
<quoted text>
I'm with you on that one--

-- as if there are not enough avenues in the human body that admit germs?

Some folk have to go and create a buncha new ones...

... face piercings are the worst, especially if the penetrate the mouth-- bits of foodstuffs cannot help but work their way into those little holes.

But that's not the worst part.

The worst? Once you pierce your face, which connects to your mouth?

You never really are able to blow up party balloons again...

... you huff, and you puff-- but the air just whistles out those extra holes you had made...

.... gross.

;)
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1148 Feb 26, 2011
<quoted text>
I'm with you on that one--
-- as if there are not enough avenues in the human body that admit germs?
Some folk have to go and create a buncha new ones...
... face piercings are the worst, especially if the penetrate the mouth-- bits of foodstuffs cannot help but work their way into those little holes.
But that's not the worst part.
The worst? Once you pierce your face, which connects to your mouth?
You never really are able to blow up party balloons again...
... you huff, and you puff-- but the air just whistles out those extra holes you had made...
.... gross.
;)
I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense.

So how about nipple and genital piercing, complete with rings and studs?

I mean, why don't these masochists just driving spikes through their hands and feet, or use industrial staples?

Yucccccchhhhh

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1149 Feb 26, 2011
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense.
So how about nipple and genital piercing, complete with rings and studs?
I mean, why don't these masochists just driving spikes through their hands and feet, or use industrial staples?
Yucccccchhhhh
Well, unless she wants to nurse, a nipple piercing ought to be relatively benign I suppose-- even though I find it ugly.

As for genital piercing? That's just >>asking<< for infection. Seriously.

There's way too many germs in that area of the body, and adding places for germs to colonize and be protected from the normal process of cleaning?(or even from the unusual methods...)

Is just asking for a serious bladder infection or worse.

Regardless of gender, here...

... and bladder infections are horrible things to increase your odds of getting.

Idiots.
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1150 Feb 26, 2011
<quoted text>
Well, unless she wants to nurse, a nipple piercing ought to be relatively benign I suppose-- even though I find it ugly.
As for genital piercing? That's just >>asking<< for infection. Seriously.
There's way too many germs in that area of the body, and adding places for germs to colonize and be protected from the normal process of cleaning?(or even from the unusual methods...)
Is just asking for a serious bladder infection or worse.
Regardless of gender, here...
... and bladder infections are horrible things to increase your odds of getting.
Idiots.
Oh no -- nipple piercing to me sounds utter excrutiating.

Aiiiiiii yiiiiiiii yiiiiiiii!

And I agree about infection.

Also, I imagine some 70-year-old man and woman with a ring in their privates. Bad enough when you're young, but REALLY hideous when you get old (*if* you get old after all those infections).

Ewwwwwwwww!

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1151 Feb 26, 2011
redneck wrote:
Unlike Jesus, it can be proven that Darwin existed.
Where's he?
deanoff

Croydon, UK

#1152 Feb 26, 2011
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Where's he?
Westminster abbey. Any the wiser?
deanoff

Croydon, UK

#1153 Feb 26, 2011
<quoted text>
Oh no -- nipple piercing to me sounds utter excrutiating.
Aiiiiiii yiiiiiiii yiiiiiiii!
And I agree about infection.
Also, I imagine some 70-year-old man and woman with a ring in their privates. Bad enough when you're young, but REALLY hideous when you get old (*if* you get old after all those infections).
Ewwwwwwwww!
It's enough to make your eyes water thinking about it. Like looking at someone's thumb after they've hit it with a hammer. It can send pins and needles down the back of your legs just looking at it.
Looks too painful for my liking.
QUEEN OF EVERYTHING

Frisco City, AL

#1154 Feb 26, 2011
deanoff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's enough to make your eyes water thinking about it. Like looking at someone's thumb after they've hit it with a hammer. It can send pins and needles down the back of your legs just looking at it.
Looks too painful for my liking.
Exactly my take on it, deanoff. About all I can say about it is: Have at it -- it's ALL yours!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1155 Feb 27, 2011
<quoted text>
Exactly my take on it, deanoff. About all I can say about it is: Have at it -- it's ALL yours!
The way I see it: life has enough minor aches and pains as it is, just from the normal daily routines.

Why contribute to those pains deliberately, by drilling new holes in one's body? Ascetics? But that's a failed argument....

... what's worse, the long term consequences are never worth the questionable short-term gains.

If you can consider looking like you've lost all sense of judgment a "gain"....

But, that's just me-- to each his own. If an adult human is otherwise more or less sane, who are we to prevent his desire to punch new passages through his own flesh?

Perhaps this self-mutilation is a form of narcissism? A kind of "look at >>me<<" activity? An attempt to differentiate himself (herself) from the rest of the herd?

I suppose it works, a bit.

But only just a bit-- there are other, more sane (less painful, less risky) methodologies to make one's self stand out in a crowd.

Achievement in some area, that is well above the average is one such-- and not really all that hard to do, either.

Since so many people are willing to settle for 'average'.

Example: a godbot would rather say "goddidit" and be satisfied with that mindless, simple not-explanation, then to study actual reality.

Reality itself, can be complicated and difficult to comprehend.

When a mindless "goddidit" is ever so much easier.

You know. Average.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 18 min Paul WV-Uncle Sam 386
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 39 min Brian_G 20,324
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 257,146
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 10,369
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 21,416
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 3 hr Patrick 556
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 hr SoE 45,560
More from around the web