Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2052 Aug 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Furthermore, there is the *possibility* that there is an intelligent race in the multiverse with the technology to create universes and that ours is one of these created universes. By at least one definition, this would mean there is a God (although other definitions would be violated). Such a 'God' need not be all-powerful, all-knowing, a source of morality, or even be aware of the life that exists in the created universe.
And so we are back to definitions.
Nope. Impossible. Skippy said so. So there.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2053 Aug 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is meaningless in English.
Seriously-- the **practical** conclusions are both the same.
Indeed. The multiverse has little affect on my life (to my knowledge). Yet cosmologists entertain it anyway...

But Skip says there's no evidence so multiverse is impossible.

Oh wait, no. He said it ONLY applies to God (for some reason), therefore God is impossible. Everything else, multiverse, aliens, fairies... all possible.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2054 Aug 27, 2013
Well, Skeptic is what he is-- someone sick and tired of god-robots forcing their goddism, via law, onto everyone. Which denies the freedom of religion to anyone not in their club.
Understandable.

Except he too is a fundie.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2055 Aug 27, 2013
<quoted text>
That...
... is the 64 Million Dollar Question.
The answer is?
Kitteh
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2056 Aug 27, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
why does anyone think there is any link between atheism and homosexuality that would cause such a topic to be proposed? it is silly. atheism is merely not believing in a God. it has no implications for sexuality whatsoever.
Don't worry, it was literally the thread linky claiming that atheists are gay. That's it.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2057 Aug 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Fear me, I haz laser eyez and black hole earz, I am Thunder Kitteh! I create worldz with a Word and shoot lightning from my clawz!
Ooh, I like that. PAW, GOD OF THUNDER! Kitteh with a hammer.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2058 Aug 27, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
thats only our Visible universe,the rest of it probably goes into infinity,is endless..no gods needed
Probably?

:-/
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2059 Aug 27, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
bet you have no balls to DEFINE god!
Perhaps you didn't quite read my posts closely enough.

Ah well, I guess this solves the mystery of who Skippy's groupies are.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2060 Aug 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
That doesn't happen. Christan cons are free to live by their own morals. Nobody is forcing them to marry someone of the same sex against their will.
It happens that they sued a Christian photographer, baker and florist because they wouldn't participate and support a same sex marriage. They would have been forced to participate; where's the toleration for our Christian neighbors, friends and acquaintances?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2061 Aug 27, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>well, that sort of God would be more plausible than the nonsense notion of an allgoodallpowerful one, which glorifies evil and calls it good. I often think about the horrid possibility that every human work of fiction, in writing or film or whatever, could create its own reality in another dimension - or that at each point in time a change could be made that would alter future events. Both would likely be worse than what we have now.(which is plenty bad enough, in my view).
Robert A Heinlien's "The Number of the Beast" universe?

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2062 Aug 27, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
why does anyone think there is any link between atheism and homosexuality that would cause such a topic to be proposed? it is silly. atheism is merely not believing in a God. it has no implications for sexuality whatsoever.
I agree with you.

On the other hand?

The current front runners in the god-game?

**DO** have explicit sexual behaviors associated with them-- and none are very nice, either.

So being an atheist, you automatically get to remove those ugly sexual deviant ideas that are promoted by the current god crowd.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2063 Aug 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the hypocrite who still goes to church to keep up business contacts.
Nope. I do not attend church-- haven't been inside one for service in more than 8 years, now.

Where on **earth** do you get your lies from?

Seriously.... do you just make random guesses?
nanoanomaly wrote:
Doesn't it make your brain squirm to sit there next to all those people you hate?
I don't hate anybody-- in contrast to YOU, who keeps STALKING ME ON TOPIX.

You are one sick duck..... only spell that with an "f" please.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2064 Aug 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very rare that I let fundies get away unscathed. Why should Skippy be any different?
(evil grin)

Well... in this small world of non-believers, agnostics, skeptics and atheists?

I'll take all the help I can get-- the god-robots would love to kill us all, if given half a chance.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2065 Aug 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. The multiverse has little affect on my life (to my knowledge). Yet cosmologists entertain it anyway...
But Skip says there's no evidence so multiverse is impossible.
Oh wait, no. He said it ONLY applies to God (for some reason), therefore God is impossible. Everything else, multiverse, aliens, fairies... all possible.

Have you ever read any of Robert A Heinlein's books?

Specifically, the novella called "Methuselah's Children", and the follow-on novels that take place after that one.

In that larger-than-life story arc, the characters meet a planet were there really are gods-- or so it appears at first glance.

They are eventually asked to leave--and indeed, are swept away from that planet with godlike speed.

In a much later story, one of the main characters, Lazarus Long, talks about the "god planet" and how he and a buddy of his later went back to that planet, and killed all it's gods--freeing the slaves living there.

Long observed that although the newly freed slaves were polite about it (and dutifully thanked them), they seemed unhappy about losing their gods at the same time.

I always thought that story snippet could have been deeper-- and interesting thing to think about.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2066 Aug 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitteh
Oh Noes! Ceiling cat?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2067 Aug 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It happens that they sued a Christian photographer, baker and florist because they wouldn't participate and support a same sex marriage.
Correct. They do not have the right to be bigots in public.

The lawsuit was correct.
Brian_G wrote:
They would have been forced to participate; where's the toleration for our Christian neighbors, friends and acquaintances?
Right next to the tolerance for the KKK, the NeoNazis and the Skinheads.

Hate and bigotry is intolerable.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#2068 Aug 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct. They do not have the right to be bigots in public.
The lawsuit was correct.
<quoted text>
Right next to the tolerance for the KKK, the NeoNazis and the Skinheads.
Hate and bigotry is intolerable.
You post "Hate and bigotry is intolerable" but yet both live in many of your comments.

It should not bother you nor give you reason to attack someone if they believe in God no more than it Should bother Brian G if someone is gay and wants to get married to the same sex.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2069 Aug 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh, I like that. PAW, GOD OF THUNDER! Kitteh with a hammer.
Bow down, and raise not thine eyes 'til thou feels the lightning quicken thy loins....

Location hidden

#2070 Aug 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Well... in this small world of non-believers, agnostics, skeptics and atheists?
I'll take all the help I can get-- the god-robots would love to kill us all, if given half a chance.
Please seek medical help, now. Nobody is launching a pogrom against atheists, loon.

Location hidden

#2071 Aug 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text> that intelligent race could even be our future selves. Even the "which came first" question is immaterial once timebis a dimension to be manipulated. Cue Sheila. She sees a problem withblaw enforcement. Very practical mind at times, she has.
Why you gotta taunt me?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Chimney1 48,552
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 24 min Rings9780 21,867
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 17
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Into The Night 23,503
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr New Age Spiritual... 258,040
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Dec 2 Scaritual 14
More from around the web