Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2032 Aug 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Read point 2. carefully. God simply isn't a logical possibility until it is proven so.
Its amazing how far you will misread and lie in order to repeat your mental illness's opinions.
Actually on this subject, neither Chimney or I have lied about it. YOU have. You're the fundie, remember?(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2033 Aug 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, god is not possible.
And how did you determine that via the scientific method?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes.[QUOTE]

Magic wizard, invisible, possibly Jewish. Or possibly not.

[QUOTE who="Rose_NoHo"]If we don't or just say something like "you can't define god", or "god is all there is", there is nothing to debate.
Then it has not been falsified. Kinda like the existence of aliens.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
So, god is supposed to be 1. All knowing, 2. All powerful, 3.Has a set of rules for us to follow.
According to some. Of course God could be very different to what any of the many theistic cultures throughout history have described.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
You can't deny the fact we don't all know what those rules are
Then how did you determine with any certainty that it was impossible?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
one person might claim, "The Bible states the rules", but I can find people of other religions that will say the same thing about their religious teachings. And since we don't all know the rules, either god can't tell us, or doesn't care if we follow the rules or not. If he doesn't have the ability to tell us, he's not all powerful, and thus not god.
Perhaps. Perhaps Gods are not necessarily all-powerful. Take Behe for example, who thinks God is dead.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
If he doesn't care if we know the rules, he's not god.
Why should a God care? Heck, the God of the Bible is still the God of the Bible even though quite clearly it does not give a crud about humanity one darn bit.

So from what I can gather, the concept appears to be rather too nebulous for anyone to be able to claim with any absolute certainty that it is "impossible", yes?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2034 Aug 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No you idiot, it only applies to god.
You need to prove god is possible, before you can prove it is real.
Its amazing how stupid you really are chimney!! get help!
Oh, it ONLY applies to God? Doesn't apply to things like aliens or the multiverse even though we currently don't have evidence for those yet either?

Interesting.

So why is God impossible and those others aren't?

As if this has never been pointed out to you before...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2035 Aug 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Its astonishing that people like this go around spreading their world view, when they lack any kind of logic or basic understanding of the burden of proof.
This is the same problem that "The Dude" , "Nuggin" and many other ignorant posters suffer from.
Projection.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Maybe there is some kind of treatment available for this type of severe logical deficit?
Strength of mind to overcome fundamentalist thinking.

You're screwed.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2036 Aug 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you prove god is possible, all of your arguments collapse.
Its amazing that you cannot follow basic procedural logic.
1. Invent (lie about) god.
2. Prove god is possible.
3. If proven possible, find evidence.
4. Present valid evidence.
5. God proven. All of science wiped out instantly.
6. Lies not lies.
What is your problem chimney?
The problem is that he has never lied about it. Me neither.

Note here how your chain of "logic" assumes the proposal to be a lie from the start BEFORE any investigation has taken place.

That's very telling.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2037 Aug 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The god hypothesis is a deeply flawed construct.
That's never really been in dispute.

But then that's not the point, is it Skip?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2038 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this fascination you pew warmers have with numbers and mob rule? You ask questions that are stupid because you can't admit that there is no proof to establish the existence of God quite simply because there is no such thing as God.
Actually those questions are not stupid at all.

Skippy claims to understand the scientific method. Yet everything he has ever wrote ever indicates otherwise.

When presented with a non-falsifiable concept rather than out and out claim that it is "impossible and therefore does not exist" what he should REALLY be doing is pointing out that it is an inadequately defined non-falsifiable and therefore non-scientific concept. Much like the Matrix, or Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog.

Unfortunately for him, his fundamentalist atheist beliefs*** get in the way of that.

*** Yes, that IS supposed to be an oxymoron. Not so with Skippy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2039 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't any more stupid than our other resident simple minded participators in Christ-insanity. Of course that isn't saying much is it!
Maybe this can help him?
One of great weaknesses of the Bible lies in the fact that it contains tangible mechanisms by which to refute its truthfulness.
Ah, THERE'S yer problem. Right there. Same one that the fundie creationists have. Both of you think that God is limited by some old book that says the Earth is flat.

By that point, creationism, in a sense, is scientific. As it is falsifiable (we can test certain claims to see if it matches with reality). Of course that doesn't matter to creationists who say that none of that matters because any and all problems are solved by a very liberal application of invisible Jewmagic. THAT'S the non-falsifiable part. The part that science doesn't have to deal with as it isn't verifiable either way.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2040 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy. The Universe has always existed therefore it was not created and if it was not created it was not created by a supreme intelligence.
Nothing in the Universe and the Universe itself does not need a God to explain it, but if it did, then the God needs a creator to explain its existence. And so on and so forth.
Are you ready to drink a quart of Draino?
As far as we can determine the universe is approximately 13.71 billion years old, give or take.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2041 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
When pew warmers claim there is a God, they also claim to know what God wants us to do. It is necessary to challenge them on their baseless unconvincing assertion that this God thing actually exists before we can let them tell us about it.
No argument there. However this is beside the point. And that point being that Skip is the one who has made a POSITIVE claim which he cannot back up.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Can I tell you about the little green men who live on the other side of the moon with out proving to you that they actually exist first?
The little green men do not exist, period. In fact they are "impossible". That's the Skippy approach. It's SLIGHTLY different to what science has to say about it though.

Do you have an idea what that might be?
Reverend Alan wrote:
The Universe operates and maintains itself and we are a part of it. Humanity was created in this biosphere in cooperation with the moon and the sun. Humanity is as much a part of the Universe as are galaxies and atoms. You do believe you exist don't you?
And this is relevant how? We could say this whether a god made it or not.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2042 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want? Do you want Skeptic to stop posting because he has only convinced 5,000, or only 5 people that he is right? What if he has convinced 50,000 topix lurkers who never post but read his every message? What is the point of that?
Actually myself I would like Skippy to stop lying for once.

Unfortunately, as a fundie, he can't.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Can you prove God is possible?
Every time in every single post ever made by anyone on the planet ever, where they have NOT been able to falsify the concept.

Non-falsifiable concepts are non-falsifiable. And therefore not scientific.

Skippy claims otherwise.
Reverend Alan wrote:
There is absolutely nothing that requires God to explain it. And if you get cute and claim that everything requires God to explain it, then you have to explain where God came from, what created God if everything needs a creator to explain its existence.
You are wrong, if anyone should shut up and listen it is you.
He's not wrong. Skippy is wrong. And he's a liar to boot. Feel free to jump in his court. But you may be unaware of some of his posting history.

Just ask him about lizards.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2043 Aug 27, 2013
Jedi Daal wrote:
The athiest betrayal of science upon the altar of political fad shows a weakness to the cult of state.
The Force is not strong with you, my young pada... ahh, feck it. You flunked. There's a seat in the ewok class with your name on it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2044 Aug 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said in my post "If we don't (define god) or just say something like "you can't define god", or "god is all there is", there is nothing to debate.". Since you just are talking about a "supreme being of any type", there is nothing to debate.
Then therefore it is an inadequately defined concept and therefore a little premature to make the *positive* and categorical claim that it is "impossible", no?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2045 Aug 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just a simple minded religious liar with no proof of god. That's all you are.
You're just a simple minded religious liar with no proof of no god. That's all you are.

Remind us, what two things are "proof" used for, Skip?
-Skeptic- wrote:
Your reality doesn't apply to anyone but yourself. You choose to be breinwashed and answer back. To me you are just human matter, taken over by a disease of the mind. It is sad that people inflict this hateful way of life upon themselves and ultimately others.
If only you were capable of taking your own advice...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2046 Aug 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
"can't we all just get along?"
<laughing at everyone here who's basically on the same page, if just in different sections...
.... and I include **myself** here too>
:D
It's very rare that I let fundies get away unscathed. Why should Skippy be any different?

(evil grin)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2047 Aug 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Standing against same sex marriage isn't the same thing as standing against homosexuals. Same sex marriage is bad because it renames and trivializes bigotry.
Yup. Yours.

I'd say go back to sleep but then you were never really awake.

I guess the "G" stands for "groggy", huh.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2048 Aug 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when did asking for proof of god become an ad-hominem attack?
It isn't. It's your reliance on insults to avoid the actual posts which is ad-hom.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Your lies are pathetic. That's a fact based comment.
No it ain't.
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#2049 Aug 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as we can determine the universe is approximately 13.71 billion years old, give or take.
thats only our Visible universe,the rest of it probably goes into infinity,is endless..no gods needed

http://youtu.be/nZiROWO6iVs
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2050 Aug 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, asking for proof of God is a perectly valid question.
Calling everyone who does not buy into your logic "brain damaged, retarded, mentally ill" etc, is ad hominem.
Since a simple review of the last 3 days' postings from you will assure anyone that this is in FACT what you have done, it is you who is lying here.
Good job there's no God huh, otherwise Skip would be heading STRAIGHT for hell...

:-p
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#2051 Aug 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then therefore it is an inadequately defined concept and therefore a little premature to make the *positive* and categorical claim that it is "impossible", no?
bet you have no balls to DEFINE god!

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John 3:16 5 min Shizle 90
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Uncle Sam 245,048
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 59 min ChristineW 14,668
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr dirtclod 20,647
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Gary Coaldigger 11,003
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
More from around the web