Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments (Page 94)

Showing posts 1,861 - 1,880 of3,865
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

DNF

“A seat at the family table”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, god is not possible. First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like "you can't define god", or "god is all there is", there is nothing to debate. So, god is supposed to be 1. All knowing, 2. All powerful, 3.Has a set of rules for us to follow.
You can't deny the fact we don't all know what those rules are, one person might claim, "The Bible states the rules", but I can find people of other religions that will say the same thing about their religious teachings. And since we don't all know the rules, either god can't tell us, or doesn't care if we follow the rules or not. If he doesn't have the ability to tell us, he's not all powerful, and thus not god. If he doesn't care if we know the rules, he's not god.
Interesting and powerful points.

As you know I disagree that God can't exist but I liked how you said, "First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like 'you can't define god', or 'god is all there is', there is nothing to debate."

Hugs. Have missed you.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly I do not believe in God and would fully agree that a God with Biblical attributes is absurd. But nobody has yet proven that a supreme being of any type is impossible. Ever. You may argue that given how vague "SUPREME BEING" is as a label, the claim of a supreme being is valueless scientifically. Its unfalsifiable. Very true. Yet still possible, no matter how unlikely or superfluous you regard it.
Its even possible that a supreme being zapped you into existence last Thursday.
I don't know what your or Skeptic's obsession with proving no God can exist comes from. For me the idea of God is irrelevant but that does not mean its proven false. Its just not a necessary hypothesis.
BIG RED HEART.
GOLDEN LIGHT BULB

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its possible for the simple reason that you can find no way to falsify it.
I dont believe it, but only you are arrogant enough to claim its impossible.
My view is simply the null hypothesis - in the absence of necessity, why posit a God? You go further. Now prove God is impossible. Still waiting.
brilliant funny and agree.

I can tell he's getting frustrated when he includes the word "idiot" in nearly every response.

I see no logical reason to impose such an immature and illogical characterization into a discussion about logic.

;)

LOL

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Skeptic. Everyone else is stupid and you are brilliant. After all this time you still cannot see that its you who has made the logical error. Very funny.
yup

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you need to prove that god is possible before you can claim god is real.
we did

btw great sentence there. so logical

(snickers)

You just logically explained the logical error in your claim that God CAN NOT exist.

The fact that we are having this debate proves the possibility that God MIGHT exist!

(snickers)

Namaste

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
Nobody can step up to the plate with physical evidence for religion not being complete bollocks, in this farcical debate...
Scientific studies of prayer have show it is effective.
Logic.
Next.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The set of things for which we, today, have evidence is logically only a subset of all the things which may actually exist.
And no, my ego puts zero store on God existing. Stop trying to impute motives to those who disagree with you just because you cannot win this fight with logic. Your logic is flawed.
I can just as easily ask you why its so important to you to prove God cannot exist to others who aleady agree God probably does not.
It would be interesting IMO to see skeptic at one of the Agnostics 12 Step Meetings.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And here is more proof that Christians™ can not be trusted to tell us about Jesus:
I think this one works well too when ever I hear them bitch and moan about SSM, and loving the sinner but hating the sin.

Galatians 3:28

New International Version
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

New Living Translation
There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.

English Standard Version
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

New American Standard Bible
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

King James Bible
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

(snickers)

Namaste

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Scientific studies of prayer have show it is effective.
Logic.
Next.
I don't believe it.

Where are your peer reviewed examples?

This is the sort of claim that requires more than one test since errors can happen, bias can affect the result.

You made the positive claim the burden of proof is therefore on you.

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this fascination you pew warmers have with numbers and mob rule? You ask questions that are stupid because you can't admit that there is no proof to establish the existence of God quite simply because there is no such thing as God.
If your delusion existed, tell us what you believe it would do. What is it doing right now as we type?
Is it making more stupid promises that are never kept?
I don't believe in God and I don't warm pews. Believers inability to do provide any evidence of God is good evidence that there is no God to prove.

But I also understand that logically nobody has proven that God is impossible, either.

Seems you and Skeptic share the same disease as religious fundamentalists. You cannot stand the situation where something is simply unknown and unprovable. You demand certainty where none exists.

Never in my life have I taken "the God hypothesis" seriously. But it amuses me that guys like you treat anyone who even acknowledges the possibility as "the enemy". You must be some sort of rabid Marxist or something.

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy. The Universe has always existed therefore it was not created and if it was not created it was not created by a supreme intelligence.
So unlike any physicist or philosopher in the world, you know for certain that the universe has always existed.

Hilarious.

While we have some theories of an eternal universe and some of one with starting points, all real scientists agree that we do not have sufficient information to determine which scenario is true.

Neither do you.

Give it up. A REAL skeptic is one who says "I do not know" when he does not know. A REAL skeptic will not accept the existence of something unless there is evidence for it - which is why I do not believe in God - BUT knows where to stop. Lack of evidence of existence is NOT PROOF of non-existence.

Your statements are as stupidly dogmatic as the worst Christian's, and you are afflicted with the same disease.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you and Skeptic share the same disease as religious fundamentalists. You cannot stand the situation where something is simply unknown and unprovable. You demand certainty where none exists.
I have to say that is a compelling observation on your part, Chimney.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Scientific studies of prayer have show it is effective.
Logic.
Next.
Absolutely

The 9/11 bombers and their paymasters would have prayed to their god to ensure the success of their mission and thus usher in their martyrdom.

Prayer certainly worked for them.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, here is a conjecture.
"The universe may have neen created by a supreme intelligence".
Now prove that this is not possible.
Easy: nothing in the universe points to design.

That?

That is more than sufficient to prove no supreme (or other sort) of intelligence.

You are welcome.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And as has been explained before, you have it exactly backwards.
YOU have to show how the existence of this as-of-yet unevidenced Deity is IMPOSSIBLE.
Easy:

Our present universe is based on quantum mechanics.

At that level of existence? Everything is probabilistic and not causal.

Moreover, it appears that quantum particles require multiple (quantum) states to work as they do.

But if an observer tries to determine which of these multiple states, the particle collapses and becomes either nothing or something else.

So.

If there **was** an all-knowing **something** in the universe? The very fact of it's existing, would cause all the quantum particles to collapse into a single state.

Making the entire universe go **woosh** into not-a-universe.

And that shows the impossibility of this god/supreme intelligence/magical being.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And here is more proof that Christians™ can not be trusted to tell us about Jesus:
In Mark 8:35 Jesus said: "...but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's the same shall save it."
How could Jesus have said this when there was no gospel when he lived? The gospel did not appear until after his death.
Hummm???
Good call! One I had not previously noticed.

Yes--- that line proves beyond a doubt, that the whole shebang (gospels) was written by people with an **Agenda**.

And not as a "witness" of any sort.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't any more stupid than our other resident simple minded participators in Christ-insanity. Of course that isn't saying much is it!
Maybe this can help him?
One of great weaknesses of the Bible lies in the fact that it contains tangible mechanisms by which to refute its truthfulness. Within it pages are verses which can be used to test the book's validity. They can be generally grouped under two broad headings--those involving tremendous powers given to believers and those involving powers attendant to prayer and requests. The most prominent verses within the first category are Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Many true believers have handled deadly snakes and drunk deadly poisons only to find the Bible is both erroneous and dangerous. Courts in Illinois, Tennessee, and elsewhere have repeatedly stopped practices of this nature because of the treat to life. Ask believers to drink poison or handle deadly snakes and one will quickly realize the extent to which even they do not take the book seriously. Mark 16:17-18 clearly states what they can do if they believe. Put them to the test, however, and you will witness a lot of rationalizing.
Draino drinking should be mandatory before anyone is let into a church.
Oh, be nice-- Drano is a horrible way to die-- most painful too.

Use something less drastic, but equally toxic, say an overdose of xanix or morphine.

Too much of either is "deadly poison" as fits the biblical requirements.

But too much of either is quite fatal.

At least as they exit Stage Right, they will have a lovely time of it--

-- I hold no ill will on the misinformed.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in God and I don't warm pews. Believers inability to do provide any evidence of God is good evidence that there is no God to prove.
But I also understand that logically nobody has proven that God is impossible, either.
Never in my life have I taken "the God hypothesis" seriously. But it amuses me that guys like you treat anyone who even acknowledges the possibility as "the enemy". You must be some sort of rabid Marxist or something.
"can't we all just get along?"

<laughing at everyone here who's basically on the same page, if just in different sections...

.... and I include **myself** here too>

:D

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

What about this pattern of suing Christian Conservatives who live by their own morals? What's up with that?

Same sex marriage is like suing your neighbors.

“My the Force Be With You”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

The athiest betrayal of science upon the altar of political fad shows a weakness to the cult of state.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,861 - 1,880 of3,865
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••