Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#1923 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, you need to prove that god is possible before you can claim god is real.

Since there is no accepted definition of god (an entity invented and lied about by humans) its impossible.

Its impossible until proven possible. the impossibility comes from the very definition of god.

If you claim god is possible, then it is either real or not.

Since god is not real,(because real things have evidence behind them). God is not real.

Again logic shows up the idiots who cling to their egos in search of the possiblity of god.
And as has been explained before, you have it exactly backwards.

YOU have to show how the existence of this as-of-yet unevidenced Deity is IMPOSSIBLE.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1924 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you prove god is possible, all of your arguments collapse.
Its amazing that you cannot follow basic procedural logic.
1. Invent (lie about) god.
2. Prove god is possible.
3. If proven possible, find evidence.
4. Present valid evidence.
5. God proven. All of science wiped out instantly.
6. Lies not lies.
What is your problem chimney?
I have no problem. You do and its with number 2 above. Even a failure to prove X is possible is not logically equivalent to proving it is impossible.

And its also silly to claim that proving God's existence, if the believers ever managed to do that, would instantly wipe out science.

Location hidden

#1925 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you need to prove that god is possible before you can claim god is real.
Since there is no accepted definition of god (an entity invented and lied about by humans) its impossible.
Its impossible until proven possible. the impossibility comes from the very definition of god.
Since god is not real,(because real things have evidence behind them). God is not real.
Again logic shows up the idiots who cling to their egos in search of the possiblity of god.
The set of things for which we, today, have evidence is logically only a subset of all the things which may actually exist.

And no, my ego puts zero store on God existing. Stop trying to impute motives to those who disagree with you just because you cannot win this fight with logic. Your logic is flawed.

I can just as easily ask you why its so important to you to prove God cannot exist to others who aleady agree God probably does not.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1926 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet I have no faith. I dont believe in God.
I simply realise that your claim that anything that is not proven to exist cannot exist is very very silly.
Yes, Lucretius would have laughed at Skeptic too.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_rerum_natura#... ;

The atoms only exist because they were proven to, right? Praised be the microscope.

xD

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1927 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you need to prove that god is possible before you can claim god is real.
Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

Location hidden

#1928 Aug 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Lucretius would have laughed at Skeptic too.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_rerum_natura#... ;
The atoms only exist because they were proven to, right? Praised be the microscope.
xD
7400 dactylic hexameters? Sheesh you would have to point the way on that one. But yes, im sure he would join the chorus. Hope yr well nano.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1929 Aug 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep-- you nailed it: Jesus was just a homeless hippy. By his **choice**.
And he sternly advocated that **all** Genuine Christians™ do likewise.
:)
And here is more proof that Christians™ can not be trusted to tell us about Jesus:

In Mark 8:35 Jesus said: "...but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's the same shall save it."

How could Jesus have said this when there was no gospel when he lived? The gospel did not appear until after his death.

Hummm???

Location hidden

#1930 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I will repeat the question. How many atheist/agnostics have you been able to persuade with your "logic", from the position that:
A/ because there is no evidence of God there is no reason to believe God exists even though God remains a possibility.
to your absurd claim that
B/ Unless we can prove something exists, its impossible.
"B" is your claim. Its baloney.
What is this fascination you pew warmers have with numbers and mob rule? You ask questions that are stupid because you can't admit that there is no proof to establish the existence of God quite simply because there is no such thing as God.

If your delusion existed, tell us what you believe it would do. What is it doing right now as we type?

Is it making more stupid promises that are never kept?

Location hidden

#1931 Aug 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, god is not possible. First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like "you can't define god", or "god is all there is", there is nothing to debate. So, god is supposed to be 1. All knowing, 2. All powerful, 3.Has a set of rules for us to follow.
You can't deny the fact we don't all know what those rules are, one person might claim, "The Bible states the rules", but I can find people of other religions that will say the same thing about their religious teachings. And since we don't all know the rules, either god can't tell us, or doesn't care if we follow the rules or not. If he doesn't have the ability to tell us, he's not all powerful, and thus not god. If he doesn't care if we know the rules, he's not god.
Rose, you rascal you, what an excellent post. I think this may be one of your best. I certainly enjoyed reading it. I have to say your logic is impeccable! Flawless.

Perhaps we need to take a look at some of the rules the Christians refuse to follow?

But first what does Jesus tell us about keeping his "suggestions"?

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Well, that is pretty clear is it not? If you love Jesus you do what he says. So what does sweet Jesus say to his followers?

•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),

Clearly no Christian loves Jesus.

Location hidden

#1932 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No you idiot, it only applies to god.
You need to prove god is possible, before you can prove it is real.
Its amazing how stupid you really are chimney!! get help!
He isn't any more stupid than our other resident simple minded participators in Christ-insanity. Of course that isn't saying much is it!

Maybe this can help him?

One of great weaknesses of the Bible lies in the fact that it contains tangible mechanisms by which to refute its truthfulness. Within it pages are verses which can be used to test the book's validity. They can be generally grouped under two broad headings--those involving tremendous powers given to believers and those involving powers attendant to prayer and requests. The most prominent verses within the first category are Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Many true believers have handled deadly snakes and drunk deadly poisons only to find the Bible is both erroneous and dangerous. Courts in Illinois, Tennessee, and elsewhere have repeatedly stopped practices of this nature because of the treat to life. Ask believers to drink poison or handle deadly snakes and one will quickly realize the extent to which even they do not take the book seriously. Mark 16:17-18 clearly states what they can do if they believe. Put them to the test, however, and you will witness a lot of rationalizing.

Draino drinking should be mandatory before anyone is let into a church.

Location hidden

#1934 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, here is a conjecture.
"The universe may have neen created by a supreme intelligence".
Now prove that this is not possible.
Easy. The Universe has always existed therefore it was not created and if it was not created it was not created by a supreme intelligence.

Nothing in the Universe and the Universe itself does not need a God to explain it, but if it did, then the God needs a creator to explain its existence. And so on and so forth.

Are you ready to drink a quart of Draino?

Location hidden

#1935 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>Firstly I do not believe in God and would fully agree that a God with Biblical atributes is absurd. I dont know what your or Skeptic's obsession with proving no God can exist comes from. For me the idea of God is irrelevant but that does not mean its proven false. Its just not a necessry hypothesis.
When pew warmers claim there is a God, they also claim to know what God wants us to do. It is necessary to challenge them on their baseless unconvincing assertion that this God thing actually exists before we can let them tell us about it.

Can I tell you about the little green men who live on the other side of the moon with out proving to you that they actually exist first?

The Universe operates and maintains itself and we are a part of it. Humanity was created in this biosphere in cooperation with the moon and the sun. Humanity is as much a part of the Universe as are galaxies and atoms. You do believe you exist don't you?

Location hidden

#1936 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Its astonishing that people like this go around spreading their world view, when they lack any kind of logic or basic understanding of the burden of proof.
This is the same problem that "The Dude" , "Nuggin" and many other ignorant posters suffer from.
Maybe there is some kind of treatment available for this type of severe logical deficit?
Bible Study In Reverse may help. Once the real and true believer realizes his Bible can not be trusted because it is a mess of contradiction and fallacy it is a good start on the road to accepting reality.

Location hidden

#1937 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
I refer this inability to see logic as a faith based mental illness
I like that, faith based mental illness. You'll see me repeating it, that is for sure, good one!

Location hidden

#1938 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in proving God is real. I do not think God is real.
I merely point out that despite your deluded claims, you cannot prove God is impossible.
And still you do not answer my question. How successful has your little dogmatic fundamentalist crusade of the last 2 years been? In spite of calling everyone who disagrees with you brain damaged, your success rate appears to be remarkably low.
What do you want? Do you want Skeptic to stop posting because he has only convinced 5,000, or only 5 people that he is right? What if he has convinced 50,000 topix lurkers who never post but read his every message? What is the point of that?

Can you prove God is possible? There is absolutely nothing that requires God to explain it. And if you get cute and claim that everything requires God to explain it, then you have to explain where God came from, what created God if everything needs a creator to explain its existence.

You are wrong, if anyone should shut up and listen it is you.

Location hidden

#1939 Aug 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Proof is in the eye of the beholder.
Do you never get tired of being stupid?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1940 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you volunteer your worthless creationist opinions unprompted?
I can understand their push for religious exemptions. These people are afraid they are being stripped of their religious freedoms. We MUST insure they see that we will always protect their 1st Amendment rights within their own houses of worship.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1942 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot who decides to invent and lie about god.
There is no such thing as god.
That is where the conversation is supposed to end.
But you're ignorant of the burden of proof, and decide to continue to type utter nonsense.
When you're able to prove that "god is possible" you will then have to graduate to "god may or may not be real"
And not before.
Its been explained to you in great detail over the last two years but you keep embarassing yourself over and over again by bringing it up.
There is no more reason for you to insist that people accept your non belief than it is for them to insist you accept their belief.

I am a person of faith. I have no problems reconciling that faith with scientific principles.

BTW IMO you got it backwards.

When you're able to prove that "god may or may not be real" you will then have to graduate to "god is possible".
It's inevitable.

I have never seen a baby pigeon or the Dark side of the moon. But I'm pretty sure they exist.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1943 Aug 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, god is not possible. First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like "you can't define god", or "god is all there is", there is nothing to debate. So, god is supposed to be 1. All knowing, 2. All powerful, 3.Has a set of rules for us to follow.
You can't deny the fact we don't all know what those rules are, one person might claim, "The Bible states the rules", but I can find people of other religions that will say the same thing about their religious teachings. And since we don't all know the rules, either god can't tell us, or doesn't care if we follow the rules or not. If he doesn't have the ability to tell us, he's not all powerful, and thus not god. If he doesn't care if we know the rules, he's not god.
Interesting and powerful points.

As you know I disagree that God can't exist but I liked how you said, "First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like 'you can't define god', or 'god is all there is', there is nothing to debate."

Hugs. Have missed you.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1944 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly I do not believe in God and would fully agree that a God with Biblical attributes is absurd. But nobody has yet proven that a supreme being of any type is impossible. Ever. You may argue that given how vague "SUPREME BEING" is as a label, the claim of a supreme being is valueless scientifically. Its unfalsifiable. Very true. Yet still possible, no matter how unlikely or superfluous you regard it.
Its even possible that a supreme being zapped you into existence last Thursday.
I don't know what your or Skeptic's obsession with proving no God can exist comes from. For me the idea of God is irrelevant but that does not mean its proven false. Its just not a necessary hypothesis.
BIG RED HEART.
GOLDEN LIGHT BULB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min Eagle 12 21,139
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min superwilly 256,560
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 min Eagle 12 18,558
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Chimney1 43,208
News Why I quit atheism 16 hr Eagle 12 708
Good arguments against Christianity 19 hr superwilly 209
A Universe from Nothing? 20 hr Mikko 532
More from around the web