Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1902 Aug 25, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists slap the burden of proof on Theism to prove that God exists while predictably being completely unable and thus unwilling to prove that God doesn't exist.
Your mother is a cannibal, prove she isn't.

I will be happy to prove to you that your God does not exist, and I will be happy to do so just as soon as you are finished offering up your convincing proof that your God does exist.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1904 Aug 25, 2013
If failing to obey one's parents warrants the death penalty (Deut. 21:18-21), what is the penalty for disobeying Jesus? Isn't Jesus a higher authority than ones' parents? Jesus even tells us to keep his commandments if we love him.

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Yet, can we name one "Christian" who has ever followed the following commandments?

•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1905 Aug 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
If failing to obey one's parents warrants the death penalty (Deut. 21:18-21), what is the penalty for disobeying Jesus? Isn't Jesus a higher authority than ones' parents? Jesus even tells us to keep his commandments if we love him.
John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
Yet, can we name one "Christian" who has ever followed the following commandments?
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
Yep-- you nailed it: Jesus was just a homeless hippy. By his **choice**.

And he sternly advocated that **all** Genuine Christians™ do likewise.

:)

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1906 Aug 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Read point 2. carefully. God simply isn't a logical possibility until it is proven so.
Its amazing how far you will misread and lie in order to repeat your mental illness's opinions.
OK, I will repeat the question. How many atheist/agnostics have you been able to persuade with your "logic", from the position that:

A/ because there is no evidence of God there is no reason to believe God exists even though God remains a possibility.

to your absurd claim that

B/ Unless we can prove something exists, its impossible.

"B" is your claim. Its baloney.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#1907 Aug 25, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And still you ignore the logical possibility that something can exist without you being able to prove that it exists.
I don't believe in God, but as The Dude (and Kong, and Mike, and many others) said, the concept of God is possible and there is nothing a dogmatic fundamentalist like you can do about it.
No, god is not possible. First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like "you can't define god", or "god is all there is", there is nothing to debate. So, god is supposed to be 1. All knowing, 2. All powerful, 3.Has a set of rules for us to follow.
You can't deny the fact we don't all know what those rules are, one person might claim, "The Bible states the rules", but I can find people of other religions that will say the same thing about their religious teachings. And since we don't all know the rules, either god can't tell us, or doesn't care if we follow the rules or not. If he doesn't have the ability to tell us, he's not all powerful, and thus not god. If he doesn't care if we know the rules, he's not god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1908 Aug 25, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I will repeat the question. How many atheist/agnostics have you been able to persuade with your "logic", from the position that:
A/ because there is no evidence of God there is no reason to believe God exists even though God remains a possibility.
to your absurd claim that
B/ Unless we can prove something exists, its impossible.
"B" is your claim. Its baloney.
No you idiot, it only applies to god.

You need to prove god is possible, before you can prove it is real.

Its amazing how stupid you really are chimney!! get help!

Location hidden

#1909 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, here is a conjecture.

"The universe may have neen created by a supreme intelligence".

Now prove that this is not possible.

Location hidden

#1910 Aug 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, god is not possible. First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like "you can't define god", or "god is all there is", there is nothing to debate. So, god is supposed to be 1. All knowing, 2. All powerful, 3.Has a set of rules for us to follow.
You can't deny the fact we don't all know what those rules are, one person might claim, "The Bible states the rules", but I can find people of other religions that will say the same thing about their religious teachings. And since we don't all know the rules, either god can't tell us, or doesn't care if we follow the rules or not. If he doesn't have the ability to tell us, he's not all powerful, and thus not god. If he doesn't care if we know the rules, he's not god.
Firstly I do not believe in God and would fully agree that a God with Biblical atributes is absurd. But nobody has yet proven that a supreme being of any type is impossible. Ever. You may argue that given how vague "SUPREME BEING" is as a label, the claim of a supreme being is valueless scientifically. Its unfalsifiable. Very true. Yet still possible, no matter how unlikely or superfluous you regard it.

Its even possible that a supreme being zapped you into existence last Thursday.

I dont know what your or Skeptic's obsession with proving no God can exist comes from. For me the idea of God is irrelevant but that does not mean its proven false. Its just not a necessry hypothesis.

Location hidden

#1911 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, here is a conjecture.
"The universe may have neen created by a supreme intelligence".
Now prove that this is not possible.
No, you idiot, you've just substituted the word "god" with "supreme intelligence" without even bothering to define it.

You need to prove its possible, not the other way around - because you, the idiot invented it.

Were you dropped as a child or something?

Location hidden

#1912 Aug 26, 2013
Its astonishing that people like this go around spreading their world view, when they lack any kind of logic or basic understanding of the burden of proof.

This is the same problem that "The Dude" , "Nuggin" and many other ignorant posters suffer from.

Maybe there is some kind of treatment available for this type of severe logical deficit?

Location hidden

#1913 Aug 26, 2013
I refer this inability to see logic as a faith based mental illness

Location hidden

#1914 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in proving God is real. I do not think God is real.

I merely point out that despite your deluded claims, you cannot prove God is impossible.

And still you do not answer my question. How successful has your little dogmatic fundamentalist crusade of the last 2 years been? In spite of calling everyone who disagrees with you brain damaged, your success rate appears to be remarkably low.

Location hidden

#1915 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you idiot, you've just substituted the word "god" with "supreme intelligence" without even bothering to define it.
You need to prove its possible, not the other way around - because you, the idiot invented it.
Were you dropped as a child or something?
Its possible for the simple reason that you can find no way to falsify it.

I dont believe it, but only you are arrogant enough to claim its impossible.

My view is simply the null hypothesis - in the absence of necessity, why posit a God? You go further. Now prove God is impossible. Still waiting.

Location hidden

#1916 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Its astonishing that people like this go around spreading their world view, when they lack any kind of logic or basic understanding of the burden of proof.
This is the same problem that "The Dude" , "Nuggin" and many other ignorant posters suffer from.
Maybe there is some kind of treatment available for this type of severe logical deficit?
Yes Skeptic. Everyone else is stupid and you are brilliant. After all this time you still cannot see that its you who has made the logical error. Very funny.

Location hidden

#1917 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
And yet I have no faith. I dont believe in God.

I simply realise that your claim that anything that is not proven to exist cannot exist is very very silly.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#1918 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The logical failure is yours.

I agree that there is no evidence for a Supreme Deity.
But it is not logical to dismiss the POSSIBILITY of that deity due to that lack of evidence.

Location hidden

#1919 Aug 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its possible for the simple reason that you can find no way to falsify it.
I dont believe it, but only you are arrogant enough to claim its impossible.
My view is simply the null hypothesis - in the absence of necessity, why posit a God? You go further. Now prove God is impossible. Still waiting.
Until you prove god is possible, all of your arguments collapse.

Its amazing that you cannot follow basic procedural logic.

1. Invent (lie about) god.
2. Prove god is possible.
3. If proven possible, find evidence.
4. Present valid evidence.
5. God proven. All of science wiped out instantly.
6. Lies not lies.

What is your problem chimney?

Location hidden

#1920 Aug 26, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The logical failure is yours.
I agree that there is no evidence for a Supreme Deity.
But it is not logical to dismiss the POSSIBILITY of that deity due to that lack of evidence.
Wrong, you need to prove that god is possible before you can claim god is real.

Since there is no accepted definition of god (an entity invented and lied about by humans) its impossible.

Its impossible until proven possible. the impossibility comes from the very definition of god.

If you claim god is possible, then it is either real or not.

Since god is not real,(because real things have evidence behind them). God is not real.

Again logic shows up the idiots who cling to their egos in search of the possiblity of god.

Location hidden

#1921 Aug 26, 2013
If you disagree Kong, you need to present evidence that god is possible.

Since the only evidence that will show that is well..actual proof of god, you will never be able to prove it.

The god hypothesis is a deeply flawed construct.

people start discussing this god thing without even realising that they are talking about made up bulls*t.

You can substitute the word "god" for "hfjkhfjkdsfs" in any argument and it will make just as much sense.

Where did everything come from?

"FJHAFLHJHJSF"

So where did "FJHAFLHJHJSF" come from?

"fdsfdkfldfhksl"

Where did that come from?

"fdffdsfFJHAFLHJHJSF "

Its all meaningless gibberish like all arguments for god.

Location hidden

#1922 Aug 26, 2013
Nobody can step up to the plate with physical evidence for religion not being complete bollocks, in this farcical debate...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min One way or another 40,267
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 28 min woodtick57 20,580
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Aura Mytha 255,908
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 45 min gin ertz 3,745
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 56 min Aura Mytha 15,753
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr IB DaMann 182
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 hr emperorjohn 4,627
More from around the web