Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1841 Aug 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>...... Those aren't my primary concerns.
Same sex marriage changes the law for everyone creating a new standard of sex segregated marriage where before all marriage had to contain both sexes. I like diversity and integration; that's why I like laws that keep marriage as is.
Except the laws never said that until they got re-written and re-defined as marriage being one man one woman.

You still can't wiggle out of that part of your disinformation campaign.

If the laws always said what you claim they never would have needed to be re-written.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1842 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
and raise you two jealousies
Great one.

:)

“Free Spirited - Music Fanatic ”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1843 Aug 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you name **one** religion that does **not** offer false promises-- AS FAR AS ANYONE CAN TEST FOR?
Hmmm?
What's with you..?

I am not here to argue about religions doctrine nor to prove that some *religion* are better than the other.

Don't start with me cause i will not stress myself out trying to explain myself with you.

Just so you know, i don't owe you an explanation. So attack everyone else, you're barking at the wrong tree.

“Free Spirited - Music Fanatic ”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1844 Aug 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Yet... your small-minded deity cannot manage to forgive AFTER we die.
Why?
Are you high or something..? Disturb..? I don't even know what your trying to imply.(SMH)

You're delusional.:D

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1845 Aug 20, 2013
DNF wrote:
Except the laws never said that until they got re-written and re-defined as marriage being one man one woman. You still can't wiggle out of that part of your disinformation campaign.
If the laws always said what you claim they never would have needed to be re-written.
Most states rewrote marriage laws as they were being sued. They didn't change them out of spite, they changed out of protecting what marriage has always been: male/female. There's no copy of any pre21st century law licensing same sex marriage.

Loving v Virginia is US Supreme Court precedent for male/female marriage. Had the Lovings been a same sex couple, interracial or otherwise; the court's decision would have differed.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1846 Aug 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Most states rewrote marriage laws as they were being sued. They didn't change them out of spite, they changed out of protecting what marriage has always been: male/female. There's no copy of any pre21st century law licensing same sex marriage.
Loving v Virginia is US Supreme Court precedent for male/female marriage. Had the Lovings been a same sex couple, interracial or otherwise; the court's decision would have differed.
Your ignorant opinions come from equally ignorant and unproven beliefs.

You don't really have an opinion about marriage, its the hand of the cult up your a$$, controlling your mind that is speaking at the moment.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1847 Aug 20, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you huh?
Even if you find my comment nonsense still you're disrecpecting me in a way. I'm not asking you to agree with what i've said, You don't need to be cruel to be kind, you can get your point across Without hurting anybody's feelings. But i guess your Beliefs is to challenge and not to respect and that makes Us a total opposite.
My last reply to you Ed (fingers-cross)
Your bible disrespects all atheists FIRST by calling them fools. You gonna correct that? Nope because you're a coward and you believe this even though its 100% WRONG!

It is thousands of years later after your old book and look at all the amazing things atheists have done in that time: http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Main_Page

While your faith remains as ignorant and prejudiced as ever, and its followers remain self-righteous and denialist.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#1849 Aug 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Your ignorant opinions come from equally ignorant and unproven beliefs. You don't really have an opinion about marriage, its the hand of the cult up your a$$, controlling your mind that is speaking at the moment.
I believe my political opponents are sincere; this is where we differ. I respect everyone's right to opinions and beliefs. I believe in one model for marriage with sex integration instead of sex segregation. Most Americans prefer diversity and integration to segregation.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#1850 Aug 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I believe my political opponents are sincere; this is where we differ.[/QUOTE

Correct.

You are insincere.

[QUOTE who="Brian_G"]I respect everyone's right to opinions and beliefs. I believe in one model for marriage with sex integration instead of sex segregation. Most Americans prefer diversity and integration to segregation.
It doesn't MATTER if most Americans prefer blacks to be slaves. It's against the Constitution.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#1851 Aug 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Most Americans prefer diversity and integration to segregation.
For once, you said something I agree with. Yes, all types of couples should be respected and accepted, same-sex, different-sex, interracial, monoracial, trans couples, cis couples, young couples, middle-aged couples, old couples. And single people too! Diversity!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1852 Aug 20, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's with you..?
Atheism thread-- full of atheists.

And you are a theist-- you come here uninvited making theistic comments.

And you don't expect a **reply**?

Why are you here, then?
Margarette_2988 wrote:
I am not here to argue about religions doctrine nor to prove that some *religion* are better than the other.
Sure, sure... yet ... here you are... in a **non** believer thread...
Margarette_2988 wrote:
Don't start with me cause i will not stress myself out trying to explain myself with you.
Because you have no explanations for religious bigotry?
Margarette_2988 wrote:
Just so you know, i don't owe you an explanation. So attack everyone else, you're barking at the wrong tree.
False. See above-- atheist thread.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1853 Aug 20, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you high or something..? Disturb..? I don't even know what your trying to imply.(SMH)
You're delusional.:D
You cannot explain your god's failures, then?

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1854 Aug 20, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
For once, you said something I agree with. Yes, all types of couples should be respected and accepted, same-sex, different-sex, interracial, monoracial, trans couples, cis couples, young couples, middle-aged couples, old couples. And single people too! Diversity!
Agreed-- marriage ought to reflect cultural diversity.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1855 Aug 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Most states rewrote marriage laws as they were being sued. They didn't change them out of spite, they changed out of protecting what marriage has always been: male/female. There's no copy of any pre21st century law licensing same sex marriage.
Many native american cultures had SSM's. Is that Pre 21st century enough for you?

Two-Spirit People (also Two Spirit or Twospirit) is an umbrella term sometimes used for what was once commonly known as berdaches /b&#601;r&#712;dæ& #643;&#616;z/, Indigenous North Americans who fulfill one of many mixed gender roles found traditionally among many Native Americans and Canadian First Nations communities.
Third gender roles historically embodied by Two-Spirit people include performing work and wearing clothing associated with both men and women. The presence of male two-spirits "was a fundamental institution among most tribal peoples."[1] Male and female two-spirits have been "documented in over 130 tribes, in every region of North America."[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit

ber·dache (br-dsh)
n. Usage Problem
Among certain Native American peoples, a person, usually a male, who assumes the gender identity and is granted the social status of the opposite sex.
[North American French, from French bardache, catamite, from Italian dialectal bardascia, from Arabic bardaj, slave, from Persian bardah, prisoner, from Middle Persian vartak, from Old Iranian *varta-; see wel- in Indo-European roots.]
ber·dachism n.
Usage Note: Due to the derogatory implications implicit in the etymology of berdache, contemporary Native Americans have suggested that its scholarly use be discontinued. Among the alternatives in current use, the most widely employed is two-spirit. Other scholars use specific native terms, such as winkte (from Lakota) or nadle (from Navajo), or else use a literal translation, such as "man-woman," of a native word.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1856 Aug 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
It would help if you studied cultures besides the ones in your Activia.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1857 Aug 20, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It would help if you studied cultures besides the ones in your Activia.
It would help if he ...

...... studied at all.

:)

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#1858 Aug 21, 2013
DNF wrote:
Many native american cultures had SSM's. Is that Pre 21st century enough for you?
Two-Spirit People (also Two Spirit or Twospirit) is an umbrella term sometimes used for what was once commonly known as berdaches /b&#601;r&#712;dæ& #643;&#616;z/, Indigenous North Americans who fulfill one of many mixed gender roles found traditionally among many Native Americans and Canadian First Nations communities.
Third gender roles historically embodied by Two-Spirit people include performing work and wearing clothing associated with both men and women. The presence of male two-spirits "was a fundamental institution among most tribal peoples."[1] Male and female two-spirits have been "documented in over 130 tribes, in every region of North America."[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit
ber·dache (br-dsh)
n. Usage Problem
Among certain Native American peoples, a person, usually a male, who assumes the gender identity and is granted the social status of the opposite sex.
[North American French, from French bardache, catamite, from Italian dialectal bardascia, from Arabic bardaj, slave, from Persian bardah, prisoner, from Middle Persian vartak, from Old Iranian *varta-; see wel- in Indo-European roots.]
ber·dachism n.
Usage Note: Due to the derogatory implications implicit in the etymology of berdache, contemporary Native Americans have suggested that its scholarly use be discontinued. Among the alternatives in current use, the most widely employed is two-spirit. Other scholars use specific native terms, such as winkte (from Lakota) or nadle (from Navajo), or else use a literal translation, such as "man-woman," of a native word.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009.
^^^This is evidence of same sex unions; those have always existed in every nation. There's no copy of any pre21st Century law licensing same sex marriage, from any nation.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#1859 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Atheism thread-- full of atheists.
And you are a theist-- you come here uninvited making theistic comments.
And you don't expect a **reply**?
Why are you here, then?
<quoted text>
Sure, sure... yet ... here you are... in a **non** believer thread...
<quoted text>
Because you have no explanations for religious bigotry?
<quoted text>
False. See above-- atheist thread.
Just one thing to be fair to her, this thread also shows in the Religion forum, Gay/Lesbian forum and evolution forum as well as the atheist forum. I'm posting from the evolution forum.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#1860 Aug 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is evidence of same sex unions; those have always existed in every nation. There's no copy of any pre21st Century law licensing same sex marriage, from any nation.
It doesn't MATTER if most Americans prefer blacks to be slaves. It's against the Constitution.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#1861 Aug 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Drat!

Don't you love it when the extremists, whether to the right or to the left love the Constitution, until it is used against them of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Dogen 52,440
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 17 min Dogen 541
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 38 min Dogen 24,926
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr ChristineM 11,463
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 22,201
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 7 hr Bob Zanotti 233
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 7 hr Passion of the Ma... 1,684
More from around the web