Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments
1,721 - 1,740 of 3,864 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Never mind, dear.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8JmMibPUivQ/T9uHuYC...

Your god is Ganesh?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>...I've posted I believe all people are created in God's image...

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I see your hate.
and raise you two jealousies

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

suncore wrote:
I see through your BS as well. Which is why I posted that post.
hahahaha!!!

"as well"

Sun, that means you're acknowledging your own BS. Nicely done.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

suncore wrote:
<quoted text>
When any man says or compares himself to a lesbian, everyone knows he is talking about eating pussycat. That is not what being a lesbian is about. So again any man that compares himself to a lesbian is a bigot assss because that is all he sees.
You think lesbians don't...uhm...engage in oral sex?

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

suncore wrote:
Lets get the bigots out now. How many of you men think it is awesome to see two women getting it on and you would watch?
How many of you men would say the same about two men and also would watch them?
Gay is gay. If you are a supporter then it should not matter if it is men or women that you would watch because remember it does not bother you.
Yes think about that as your bigotry issues start to set in.
Sorry. I'm not allowed to answer your post, based on your criteria for asking, but I have to differ with you on one minor point.

When you say "gay is gay" you're not understanding why men would like to watch two women. You might be (rationally) seeing two gay women who are totally uninterested in men, but (some) men are seeing four breasts and two lovely bodies move sexually.

You're not accounting for the "I like women. I like them very much. I'd like two women even more" factor, despite its irrationality.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's my good boi?
You is, yes you EEEiiisss.
"but you is where the problem lays"?
The Chinese girl just called you out on your Engrish.
Oh. Is this one of you bois?

My bad. I'll stay clear.

“Free Spirited - Music Fanatic ”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> Religion teaches us to be better people, to maintain civilization and respect others as created in God's image..
Very well said.

Religion and Beliefs in Life will keep a person back to sanity, somehow... Yet we're only Human and No one is Perfect. We're All equal in God's eyes, NO sin big or small.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said.
Religion and Beliefs in Life will keep a person back to sanity, somehow... Yet we're only Human and No one is Perfect. We're All equal in God's eyes, NO sin big or small.
Nonsense.

Religion has nothing to do with morality. People are not good or bad according to their religious beliefs or lack of any.

Religion = superstition

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense.
Religion has nothing to do with morality. People are not good or bad according to their religious beliefs or lack of any.
Religion = superstition
Nonsense?! You are so quick to judge..tsk.tsk.

I didn't say you can define people actions base on their religions or beliefs. What i meant is that *religion* serve as a guide to do what is right or wrong *according* to Gods will that if someone happens to pause, step back and think then they will seek God for anything (forgiveness/answer/etc..) and eventually will find a bliss on it.

Religion maybe superstition for you but not for every one.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you can define people actions base on their religions or beliefs. What i meant is that *religion* serve as a guide to do what is right or wrong *according* to Gods will that if someone happens to pause, step back and think then they will seek God for anything (forgiveness/answer/etc..) and eventually will find a bliss on it.
Thanks for the reply. I think that is nonsense too.

The simple fact is that religionists are no better than non-religionists and one's actions and behaviour is determined by nature and nurture, not religion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is untrue, I've posted I believe all people are created in God's image and they as individuals must live their lives based on what they think is right, not me or anyone else. I've always written there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Amazing how few same sex marriage supporters make similar statements. Many are just using homosexuals to further their political goals.
Godwin's rule, ad hominem irrationality and defamation are bad enough alone but combined in suncore's post above. I advocate granting asylum to Russian gays harmed by Putin's anti-gay laws; teach American gays what homophobia and bigotry truly are. Not just labels to discredit political opponents; laws against free speech and neighbor suing neighbor like poor Ms. Stutzman at Arlene's Flowers
Your ignorant opinions stem from your lies about god being real and its associated mental illness called creationism.

We can safely discard all of your opinions until you become honest and can prove the god that decides all your thoughts and opinion on behalf of the brainwashed person that used to be you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Inventing stuff up and believing it with no evidence is no guide for living.

You have problems with thinking straight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the reply. I think that is nonsense too.
The simple fact is that religionists are no better than non-religionists and one's actions and behaviour is determined by nature and nurture, not religion.
Oh my!

Again, your imposing your beliefs on me and i am NOT interested to it Thank you very much!

Can't even respect someones post or disagree in a civilise way only shows what your mind is only capable of.
Well it is not surprising though..:D
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to God's will sinners, gays, disobedient kids and witches should be killed. God's will makes people fly planes into buildings.

Religion may serve as a guide for some people to base their "morality" on (which really isn't moral at all if you're only following orders of your favourite particular invisible wizard) but what happens if that particular God is a complete ahole? Ya know, kinda like in nearly every single religion ever invented save Pastafarianism?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!
Again, your imposing your beliefs on me and i am NOT interested to it Thank you very much!
I don't think it's unhelpful to view people as 'having beliefs'. There is a difference between religious beliefs and rational ones. I'm not imposing anything on anyone.
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't even respect someones post or disagree in a civilise way only shows what your mind is only capable of.
What is 'uncivilised' or disrespectful about my post? I honestly think religious beliefs are nonsense and even though you think religion helps you it doesn't account for whether someone is good or bad. Religion is quite different to morality however much religionists choose to conflate them.

If we are going to talk about 'uncivilised', religions have a long history of it.

Religion is superstition (god/s, holy prophets, religious faith, etc).
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Oops! I meant, "I think it's unhelpful to view people as 'having beliefs'."
Some people have racist, sexist, sectarian or religious beliefs. Beliefs should be challenged, not necessarily respected.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
According to God's will sinners, gays, disobedient kids and witches should be killed. God's will makes people fly planes into buildings.
Religion may serve as a guide for some people to base their "morality" on (which really isn't moral at all if you're only following orders of your favourite particular invisible wizard) but what happens if that particular God is a complete ahole? Ya know, kinda like in nearly every single religion ever invented save Pastafarianism?
Yes i understand what you mean. There's a lot of religion and cult out there that makes false promises. Still one cannot judge another just because that persons happens to believe in something even if it's unseen cause it is ones faith that keeps them going. The fact is that, we have no control over it, whether it do good or bad on their Lives.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Morality predated your religion.
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Morality predated your religion.
<quoted text>
Yes, to most i think..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

EdSed wrote:
Some people have racist, sexist, sectarian or
So what are you huh?

Even if you find my comment nonsense still you're disrecpecting me in a way. I'm not asking you to agree with what i've said, You don't need to be cruel to be kind, you can get your point across Without hurting anybody's feelings. But i guess your Beliefs is to challenge and not to respect and that makes Us a total opposite.

My last reply to you Ed (fingers-cross)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 7 min Patrick 186
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Buck Crick 224,039
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 1 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,382
•••
•••