Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#1326 Aug 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is just namecalling; Danny doesn't dispute same sex marriage would legalize a father marrying his son to avoid estate taxes. Instead of disucssing the the reasons why father/son and mother/daughter marriage don't qualify as incest, Danny resorts to insults.
Rather than report this abusive, bullying and defamatory post; I use it as an example why we'd be mistaken to follow their advice about rewriting marriage laws.
But you don't dispute the accuracy of those names. I see on that we agree.

The only thing that same sex marriage seems to initiate is moronic statements by hatemongers like yourself.

I believe I applied the proper description to the person and behavior you exhibit. If you wish to complain to the management, that is up to you. I imagine you will. Cowards always lie and sneak around behind your back. You strike me as exactly that type.

The opinions of an individual are hardly the sole reason unconstitutional laws should be struck down, but I appreciate the enthusiasm you have for my opinion. Clearly you consider it to be accurate and powerful.

Thank you Brian G. You confirm all that I have come to understand about neoconservatives and why this country will be better off when you all slither back into the sewer from whence you crawled.

#1327 Aug 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>By Hfy's reasoning, Freud, Marx, Jesus, Siddhartha Gautama (the Buddha), Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln were all "committing structural violence upon homosexuals".
Same sex marriage is the end of wisdom.
I think you protest too much.

#1328 Aug 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not writing about father-son relations, I'm writing about father-son marriage. That's not incest, look it up.
If same sex marriage becomes law; worse things are sure to follow.
You are here now. What could be worse than a narrow-minded, hateful bigot that wants to control everyone and force everyone to believe the same. It doesn't help that you don't make sense and have so little understanding of reality, one wonders if you institutionalized.

You make a completely unfounded statement on how same sex marriage will result in fathers marrying sons. Just repeating the mindless meandering of some entertainer who isn't any more qualified than you. This flies in the face of current laws and sensibilities. That fact doesn't seem to stop you as you plow on trying to be martyr and authority. Roles you are completely ill equipped to master. You are basically the Topix Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf. And as such we are all laughing at you. Only your fellow neoconservatives take you seriously and that is about as prestigious as having the support of the Manson Family.

Since: Jul 13

Lisbon, Portugal

#1329 Aug 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, thank you for getting back to me on this!
The one I'm specifically referencing is Vol. 3, but if you read the books, it will soon become apparent to you that cultural constructions of sex, gender and sexuality change throughout history, despite that he's discussing Western culture. In no way does a 4th century European share your conceptions of sexuality.
Foucault is making a comparative study by illuminating how other people at other times experienced sexuality. It's quite different than how you or I do. That's the point.
Here's a pdf of Vol 2. I can't find the others:
http://www.revalvaatio.org/wp/wp-content/uplo...
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
No. Not possible.
<quoted text>
You speak more than one language, right? Each language has parts of it that cannot be translated accurately - b/c each requires certain cultural imagery/understandings to function.
It's the same with sexual behavior. Yes, throughout history, all cultures had men who had sex with other men - but they understood that sex differently than you do b/c of different cultural context (norms, beliefs, mores, practices, etc).
Current Western culture positions homo against heterosexuality, with hetero being thought of as "normal." Greeks never thought like this. Almost all men engaged in same sex sexual behavior - and, if you did, how you had sex is what shaped whether you were masculine or feminine. If you were penetrated, you were feminine - so people higher up in the social hierarchy did the penetrating and were not penetrated. They also had sex with women. B/c women couldn't penetrate, women could only be feminine.
So in Greek culture, you couldn't say "he's gay and that other guy is straight." They just couldn't understand why you'd make that kind of differentiation. But for us, differentiating like that is quite normal.
I can list example after example about how different cultures do sex, if you like. I'm running out of space here, though.
Could you please explain how Japonese culture views homosexuality and same sex behaviour? Is there a difference to them?

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1331 Aug 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
I think you protest too much.
I think they're looking for a date. Particularly, one who isn't terribly selective, and isn't much of a conversationalist.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1332 Aug 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All my subjects in Japan told me they had no interest in coming out. That was what homosexuals do, and they aren't homosexual, despite the fact that they only fall in love with, and make love to, other men.
Please note - this isn't a slam on American homosexuality. I'm just trying to illustrate how some MSM in Japan feel. There are also those who adopt the American model, and want to come out, etc.
Different cultures do sexuality differently.
:)
So now you are a sex therapist too?

lol

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#1333 Aug 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So now you are a sex therapist too?
lol
Hiding: 9

Nano: 4

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1334 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
http://www.drabruzzi.com/selected_state_inces...
Still marriage to a blood relative. Still illegal in most jurisdictions. Still a stupid argument. Still has nothing to do with the topic at hand.#brianfail
Those laws pertain to sexual intercourse, not marriage.

I'm arguing same sex marriage; I'm in favor of protecting marriage as one man and one woman. Same sex marriage is bad because of its consequences.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#1335 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Those laws pertain to sexual intercourse, not marriage.
I'm arguing same sex marriage; I'm in favor of protecting marriage as one man and one woman. Same sex marriage is bad because of its consequences.
No. You're just arguing like this because you're a bigot. You have absolutely zero evidence on your side and you are entirely unfamiliar with history and behavior across cultures.

I suspect some Abrahamic moral system did this to you.

#1336 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is just namecalling; Danny doesn't dispute same sex marriage would legalize a father marrying his son to avoid estate taxes. Instead of disucssing the the reasons why father/son and mother/daughter marriage don't qualify as incest, Danny resorts to insults.
Rather than report this abusive, bullying and defamatory post; I use it as an example why we'd be mistaken to follow their advice about rewriting marriage laws.
My post was neither abusive or bullying. It was merely a vigorous expression of my disgust. Brian you have worked so hard for it. Enjoy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1337 Aug 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So now you are a sex therapist too?
lol

That would be more an area for cultural anthropology than for a sex therapist.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1338 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>

Yet you have provided no rational reason to discriminate.

So you are arguing poorly.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#1339 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bad because of its consequences.
What consequences would those be?

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#1340 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The very first example is Alabama:
Alabama -- Section 13A-13-3 -- Incest
(a) A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:
(1) His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or
(2) His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or
(3) His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or
(4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

Are you trying to prove you are a mental midget, or simply that you cannot read?

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#1341 Aug 5, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
What consequences would those be?
Why, people of the same sex would marry, of course. Which to Brian is the end of western civilization. Although, this is perhaps because Brian is an extreme closet case, who would simply be unable the resist the siren of freedom and in following his deepest urges would totally self destruct.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1342 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, people of the same sex would marry, of course. Which to Brian is the end of western civilization. Although, this is perhaps because Brian is an extreme closet case, who would simply be unable the resist the siren of freedom and in following his deepest urges would totally self destruct.
The real question is this: is the world ready for the depravity that is Brian's deepest fantasies?

... ugg.

Scratch an extreme bigot like Brian, and underneath, you'll usually find they are beyond the pale into all sorts of weird, off the normal shyt.

We have plenty of examples in the media of former "leaders" of Genuine Christians™ who were really into it themselves, whatever it was they were condemning the loudest.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#1343 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You keep making this claim, but you have yet to show ANY consequences.

You haven't even demonstrated that less straight couples will get married if homosexuals are also allowed to marry.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1345 Aug 5, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep making this claim, but you have yet to show ANY consequences.

You haven't even demonstrated that less straight couples will get married if homosexuals are also allowed to marry.
Yes-- on your first statement.

On your second? Well...

... if gay marriage becomes normative? That is, it becomes so commonplace, that it's no big deal to the majority?

Then, formerly closeted gay people might feel the freedom to marry another gay person-- instead of desperately trying to pretend and to fit in, by marrying a straight-- and making a mess of it.

So, statistically speaking, there would be a significant fraction of folk who would pretend to be straight and get married-- who would then feel free to marry another gay instead.

Of course, anyone with even a **shred** of sympathy, would see this as a **vast** improvement on things.

Fewer hetro-couple divorces, for one.

:)

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1346 Aug 5, 2013
Same sex marriage is bad because it fosters corrupt public employees:

Montgomery County Register of Wills sued over gay marriage licenses

By JENNY DeHUFF
[redacted third party email adress]
Posted: Tuesday, 07/30/13 07:53 pm

NORRISTOWN — The Pennsylvania Department of Health is suing Montgomery County Register of Wills D. Bruce Hanes for issuing same-sex marriage licenses.

The health department issued a Writ of Mandamus Tuesday afternoon, directing Hanes and the orphan’s court to “cease and desist” the issuance of the licenses, calling it,“indicating falsely that marriages between individuals of the same gender have been lawfully performed by a person authorized under the law to perform marriages. The clerk’s actions are in direct defiance of the express policy of the commonwealth that ‘marriage shall be between one man and one woman.’”

Hanes reportedly has been advised by his solicitor not to make comment on the lawsuit at this time. But Tuesday’s suit, which alleges “untold harm to the public,” could set a precedent as to what level of authority public officials think they have to interpret the law.

“Elected officials do not have the ability to choose which laws they are going to enforce and which laws they aren’t going to enforce,” said Gov. Tom Corbett, during a press conference Tuesday.

http://www.dailylocal.com/article/20130730/NE...

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#1347 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bad because it fosters corrupt public employees:
Montgomery County Register of Wills sued over gay marriage licenses
By JENNY DeHUFF
[redacted third party email adress]
Posted: Tuesday, 07/30/13 07:53 pm
NORRISTOWN — The Pennsylvania Department of Health is suing Montgomery County Register of Wills D. Bruce Hanes for issuing same-sex marriage licenses.
The health department issued a Writ of Mandamus Tuesday afternoon, directing Hanes and the orphan’s court to “cease and desist” the issuance of the licenses, calling it,“indicating falsely that marriages between individuals of the same gender have been lawfully performed by a person authorized under the law to perform marriages. The clerk’s actions are in direct defiance of the express policy of the commonwealth that ‘marriage shall be between one man and one woman.’”
Hanes reportedly has been advised by his solicitor not to make comment on the lawsuit at this time. But Tuesday’s suit, which alleges “untold harm to the public,” could set a precedent as to what level of authority public officials think they have to interpret the law.
“Elected officials do not have the ability to choose which laws they are going to enforce and which laws they aren’t going to enforce,” said Gov. Tom Corbett, during a press conference Tuesday.
http://www.dailylocal.com/article/20130730/NE...
Brian, you are an idiot.

Furthermore, there isn't same sex marriage in Pennsylvania, so how could allowing same sex marriage be the cause of this event?

You truly are dumber than a rock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Eagle 12 - 78,697
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 17 min Science 1,410
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Science 32,438
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web