Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1265 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing hateful about that.
The fact that you think it's hateful is more evidence that you are a closeted homosexual.
If I called a straight guy out for being gay, the response would be:
"Sorry buddy. Barking up the wrong tree on that one."
I call you out for being gay, the response is: "Why are you attacking me with such hateful speech?"
It's not hateful. It's acceptance!
We ACCEPT that you're gay. It doesn't bother us AT ALL.
Now, if YOU can learn to accept that you're gay, you'll drop this useless crusaide and get on with your life.
You hit the center-mark on this post.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1266 Aug 3, 2013
CH2O2 wrote:
If same sex marriage leads to father/son marriage, does that mean man/woman marriage leads to father/daugther marriage?
No, incest bans prevent that. Didn't you look at the Jeremy Irons interview?

CH2O2 wrote:
I dont't often lower my standarts this way. But with you, I wil open an exception. You are an ignorant, absurd, petty person. I don't know if I should despise or pity you.
I don't hate my political opponents; I want to inform them so they can make better decisions. All the hate comes from the left.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1267 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
There's nothing hateful about that.
The fact that you think it's hateful is more evidence that you are a closeted homosexual. If I called a straight guy out for being gay, the response would be: "Sorry buddy. Barking up the wrong tree on that one." I call you out for being gay, the response is: "Why are you attacking me with such hateful speech?" It's not hateful. It's acceptance! We ACCEPT that you're gay. It doesn't bother us AT ALL.
Now, if YOU can learn to accept that you're gay, you'll drop this useless crusaide and get on with your life.
^^^Same sex marriage is like outing gays then justifying yourself because you only out political opponents.

They aren't your friends; they only use you to achieve political goals.

“I can never convince the ”

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#1268 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, incest bans prevent that. Didn't you look at the Jeremy Irons interview?
<quoted text>I don't hate my political opponents; I want to inform them so they can make better decisions. All the hate comes from the left.
So it is only incest if it is fathers with daughters or mothers with sons. If they switch it OK by you.

I think you have taken the lead away by example too far. Yes, there is no hate from the right. It isn't hate that is expressed when a man is dragged to death because of his race, it is the purest form of love.

So you are a professional politician with political opponents. I knew you were really Michelle Bachmann. I guess that explains your position against same sex marriage. You don't want to go through a divorce.

#1269 Aug 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
He truly is a depraved and bigoted individual...
He is sort of like a person if you remove reason and compassion.

#1270 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, incest bans prevent that. Didn't you look at the Jeremy Irons interview?
<quoted text>I don't hate my political opponents; I want to inform them so they can make better decisions. All the hate comes from the left.
I would call you a sick jerk, but I don't want to offend any of them if they are reading this.

Despite Mr Irons many publications on human sexuality, law and etymology, I thought I might include this definition I found.

in┬Ěcest
/&#712;insest/
Noun
Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
The crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.

It doesn't show any mention of a limitation based on the similarity of gender between the victim and the assailant. The law doesn't make any such distinction either.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#1271 Aug 3, 2013
Let me ask you this. If your participate same sex relationships your self, how many of you would like and/or approve of your kids(son or daughter) being in a same sex relationship? From what I have experienced in life with people is that it is not a big deal until it effects them.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#1272 Aug 3, 2013
Let's try this again. Damn smart apps.

Let me ask you this. If you don't participate in same sex relationships yourself, how many of you would like and/or approve of your kids(son or daughter) being in a same sex relationship? From what I have experienced in life with people is that it is not a big deal until it affects them.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1273 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate my political opponents; I want to inform them so they can make better decisions. All the hate comes from the left.
How's that working out for you so far?

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#1274 Aug 3, 2013
Think about it wrote:
Let me ask you this. If you don't participate in same sex relationships yourself, how many of you would like and/or approve of your kids(son or daughter) being in a same sex relationship? From what I have experienced in life with people is that it is not a big deal until it affects them.
Assuming the kids are 18+, why would we care whether they're dating someone of the same or opposite sex? Only homophobes have issues about that.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#1275 Aug 3, 2013
Think about it wrote:
Let's try this again. Damn smart apps.
The question you are asking is not the appropriate question.

You are asking: "Would you want your kid to be gay?"

People don't have a choice. You might as well ask, do you want your kid to be short? Or do you want your kid to have asthma?

In our society, because of bigots, like is harder for homosexuals. So, I would not want my child to have a hard life. If our society was bigoted against left handed people, I would not want my child to have a hard life. If our society was bigoted against people without earlobes, I would not want my child to have a hard life.

However, in ALL scenarios, I would want my child and _EVERYONE ELSE'S CHILD_ to have equal access to the same institutions and programs which are provided to all under the law.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#1276 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The question you are asking is not the appropriate question.
You are asking: "Would you want your kid to be gay?"
People don't have a choice. You might as well ask, do you want your kid to be short? Or do you want your kid to have asthma?
In our society, because of bigots, like is harder for homosexuals. So, I would not want my child to have a hard life. If our society was bigoted against left handed people, I would not want my child to have a hard life. If our society was bigoted against people without earlobes, I would not want my child to have a hard life.
However, in ALL scenarios, I would want my child and _EVERYONE ELSE'S CHILD_ to have equal access to the same institutions and programs which are provided to all under the law.
You said a lot there. talked around a few things but you never answered the question. Would you want/approve of your child be in a same sex relationship?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#1277 Aug 3, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming the kids are 18+, why would we care whether they're dating someone of the same or opposite sex? Only homophobes have issues about that.
So you are saying you would find it A-Ok if your child/children were in same sex relationship's? And why would we care,,, as parents we should care about our children and the life they have.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1278 Aug 3, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
You said a lot there. talked around a few things but you never answered the question.
Get used to this with Nuggin.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#1279 Aug 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used to this with Nuggin.
He would make a good politician. Always address things but never give an answer to a question.

Valley Village, CA

#1280 Aug 4, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
You said a lot there. talked around a few things but you never answered the question. Would you want/approve of your child be in a same sex relationship?
You obviously have failed to grasp the concept of reading in context.

I very clearly answered your question.

I'll even answer it again a different way.

Given the choice between: "Would you rather you child be unhappy and alone their entire life -or- in a same sex relationship" then the answer is obviously whatever would make the child happiest.

Now a question for you:

Do you feel that an American in a same sex relatioship is free to go anywhere in this country without fear of being murdered by Christians?

Valley Village, CA

#1281 Aug 4, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
He would make a good politician. Always address things but never give an answer to a question.
Better politician than Skippy, that's for sure. He doesn't think we made it to the moon and doesn't believe that Egypt is an actual place!

Since: Jul 13

Lisbon, Portugal

#1282 Aug 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
No, incest bans prevent that. Didn't you look at the Jeremy Irons interview?
Your claim that same sex marriage would lead to father/son marriage is also banned by the same rule. Your claim is absurd.
Brian_G wrote:
I guess you are right, I should not hate you. In that case I just pity you.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#1283 Aug 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have failed to grasp the concept of reading in context.
I very clearly answered your question.
I'll even answer it again a different way.
Given the choice between: "Would you rather you child be unhappy and alone their entire life -or- in a same sex relationship" then the answer is obviously whatever would make the child happiest.
Now a question for you:
Do you feel that an American in a same sex relatioship is free to go anywhere in this country without fear of being murdered by Christians?
They won't be murdered by Christians but maybe beat up and ridiculed by rednecks, country boys and men who feel that it is not manly to be with a man.

Don't get me wrong the world is full of hypocrites on this subject. Many men and women both will say it is a turn on or hot to see two women getting it on but it is nasty to see two men getting it on.

Myself I am as straight as the arrow flies but two women are hot to watch/see. Two men, pretty sickening. Am I a hypocrite or honest. You figure it out.

Again you dodged they question,,, so let me put it in a yes or no answer for you.
Would you approve of your child, son or daughter, having a same sex relationship if you yourself are a straight person?

Since: Jul 13

Lisbon, Portugal

#1284 Aug 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Same sex marriage is like outing gays then justifying yourself because you only out political opponents.
They aren't your friends; they only use you to achieve political goals.
Does this mean you feel your oponents in this forum are outing you as a gay man? Take it from someone who knows from experience, the first step of comming out is the hardest. After the first step it gets better. It only becomes harder when you try to stay in the closet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min Gary Coaldigger 20,499
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 40 min Gary Coaldigger 10,640
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 47 min karl44 10
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 244,721
Is the Christian god good? 8 hr Shizle 3
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 9 hr Richardfs 18
There is no meaning without God 13 hr Shizle 3
More from around the web