Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#1224 Aug 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddap you ridiculous piece of sh*t.
If you believe god is possible or even real, you need to demonstrate this or respectfully shut the f*ck up.
As has been pointed out too numerously to be counted, the only logical position to have with regard to the existence of a non-evidenced position is to remain neutral, i.e., agnosticism.

YOUR claim that God COULD NOT exist is as absurd as those who claim they have evidence of God.

YOU need to provide evidence that God could NOT exist in any form.
LCN Llin

United States

#1225 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you're dumb.
First of all, how do you judge which Neanderthals were educated vs uneducated? Were there educated Cro-Mags running around at the same time?
Second, frogs don't change their "sexuality" you nitwit. Frogs don't become gay. They switch their _GENDER_.
Third, frogs are AMPHIBIANS. Humans are mammals. We're talking about MALE _HUMAN_ sexuality and its cause.
Drawing an analogy to frogs is like your claims that Egypt isn't a real place or that we never went to the moon. It just makes you sound like more of an idiot than normal.
Amusing
LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1226 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Skippy, when you're around we have more asshat than we can possibly use.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1227 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
..You're gay. You're gay....
Most arguments for same sex marriage are no better than name-calling. And, why call me that particular name?

They aren't your friends; they just use you to further their political goals. Where Conservatives fight for your right to freedom of association; they have an agenda other than freedom. Conservatives fight for your freedom of speech and they introduce political correctness speech codes which are left wing censorship.

Keep marriage one man and one woman today or they'll be the ones calling you names tomorrow.

Home, sweet home.

#1228 Aug 3, 2013
lides wrote:
Of course, this is not equal to being married, in which case the property passes to the spouse, who is kin, without estate taxation....
If same sex marriage becomes law; why shouldn't a man marry his son so he can avoid estate taxes?

Same sex marriage is bad because it removes standards vital to the maintenance of civil society.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#1229 Aug 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks the lady doth protest too much!
If you're going to quote, get the quote right.

Orlando

#1230 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If same sex marriage becomes law; why shouldn't a man marry his son so he can avoid estate taxes?

Same sex marriage is bad because it removes standards vital to the maintenance of civil society.
Really?

You're going with THAT, are you?

Los Angeles, CA

#1231 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Most arguments for same sex marriage are no better than name-calling. And, why call me that particular name?
They aren't your friends; they just use you to further their political goals. Where Conservatives fight for your right to freedom of association; they have an agenda other than freedom. Conservatives fight for your freedom of speech and they introduce political correctness speech codes which are left wing censorship.
Keep marriage one man and one woman today or they'll be the ones calling you names tomorrow.
I'm not calling you a name. I'm telling you that we know your secret.

And Conservatives OPPOSE the ACLU which is an organization which _ACTUALLY_ fights for the things you listed.

And as for same sex marriage, you _lost_ that fight. You'll never be able to change the law back. Freedom ALWAYS wins in the end.

Los Angeles, CA

#1232 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If same sex marriage becomes law; why shouldn't a man marry his son so he can avoid estate taxes?
We have NO standards whatsoever when it comes to marriage.

The motive, the personalities, how long they've known each other, whether or not they intend to stay married, etc etc etc

NONE of that matters.

You can get married because a TV audience picks your bride.
You can get married to someone you've literally met 1 minute earlier.

You claim there are these standards, show your proof.

Demonstrate that the divorce rate is in the single digits. That spousal abuse is unheard of.

“Help religion science wander”

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#1233 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Most arguments for same sex marriage are no better than name-calling. And, why call me that particular name?
Neoconservatives like yourself fight for no one but yourselves and with such illogical and emotive drivel. Conservatism as in the traditional sense was a valuable and useful philosophy that has been bastardized by a small but vocal group of fundamentalists that want nothing more than to turn this nation into a theocracy based on their own fragile beliefs.

Your arguments get more distant and desperate with each post. You have a very twisted and limited view of reality and I think you would be just as happy if people that were being denied their rights, just suffered in silence.

“Help religion science wander”

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#1234 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If same sex marriage becomes law; why shouldn't a man marry his son so he can avoid estate taxes?
Snnnniiiiiffff. Fresh desperation.

Do we need to revisit history once again for the moron representing neoconservative fundamentalist dogma?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#1235 Aug 3, 2013
What effects, if any, will the growing population of homosexuality have on evolution?

Home, sweet home.

#1236 Aug 3, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
Really? You're going with THAT, are you?
It's not mine, this is Jeremy Iron's argument and I like it.

Speaking to Huffington Post Live host Josh Zepps, Irons asked: "Could a father not marry his son?"

When Zepps reminded him of incest laws, Irons responded with: "It's not incest between men", because "incest is there to protect us from inbreeding, but men don't breed."

The Borgias star added that he wishes "everybody whose living with one other person the best of luck in the world because it's fantastic.

"Living with another animal, whether it be a husband or a dog, is great.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/04/je...

I'm still waiting for your answer: what's to stop a father from marrying his son, that would provide equal protection from estate taxes too.

Home, sweet home.

#1237 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
...You're gay. You're gay....
Nuggin wrote:
I'm not calling you a name. I'm telling you that we know your secret....
Same sex marriage supporters like Nuggin out gays. They aren't your friends and they'll turn on you if they win their political goals.

Los Angeles, CA

#1238 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage supporters like Nuggin out gays. They aren't your friends and they'll turn on you if they win their political goals.
The reason that SSM is successfully changing hearts and minds is because people are coming out.

When opponents (who are OVERWHELMINGLY closeted homosexuals themselves) continue to oppose freedom, their motives need to be exposed.

You fear SSM because,_as you said_, allowing it to happen will turn you into a bisexual.

Home, sweet home.

#1239 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
...You're gay. You're gay....
^^^All the hate comes from the left.

Orlando

#1240 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^All the hate comes from the left.
All evidence to the contrary.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1241 Aug 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is no gay gene. Give up, loser.

Indeed there seem to be a number of genes, gene expression and nurture variables involved.

Hi Nano.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1242 Aug 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you want your partner to inherit your property, you don't need same sex marriage - you need a will.
If you want your partner to be allowed to visit you at the hospital, you don't need same sex marriage - you need a living will.
If you want your relationship with your partner to be legally recognized, you don't need same sex marriage - you need a civil union which is a legally recognized document.
I've never advocated taking any rights from homosexuals; you have the same right to marry under the law as everyone else.
Same sex marriage is based on irrationality; emotion rather than reason.

Moot point. The war is basically over and the fundies lost.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1243 Aug 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
? You should learn to read before you hit reply.
Where, in ANY of my writing, have I _EVER_ suggested there was a "gay gene"?
Friggin 50 posts about how there is _NOT_ a gay gene and you still don't get it.
_EPIGENETIC_. Male homosexuality is a condition from birth based but not one brought about by the DNA of the individual.
Biased BS not founded on truth. Nobody is "born" gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Eagle 12 20,251
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Joncy David 45,542
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 16 min Thinking 10,339
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 22 min Thinking 547
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 27 min Paul WV-Uncle Sam 308
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,395
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 1 hr emperorjohn 429
More from around the web