Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1011 Jul 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
no, no, not even slightly
so...ah...erm...do you like red wine? Merlot is my favorite :)
I am NOT drinking any f ing Merlot!!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1012 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage means sex segregation marriage, where previously all marriage is sex integrated;
So what? Only bigots are bothered by that. And you, sir, are a bigot.

Period.
Brian_G wrote:
diversity is better than the evils of segregation, disunity and separation.
Not always: If **everyone** had their **own** set of laws, for example, that would be the ULTIMATE in diversity.

But it would also be CHAOS.

Your argument is without merit.
Brian_G wrote:
If you believe in good and evil, keep marriage gender diverse.
It would be EVIL to keep your bigotry in place.

Period.

Bigotry is ALWAYS evil.

Period.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1013 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage means sex segregation marriage, where previously all marriage is sex integrated; diversity is better than the evils of segregation, disunity and separation. If you believe in good and evil, keep marriage gender diverse.
Nuggin wrote:
This is a rather pathetic attempt to tie a tainted term to this issue in a way that just doesn't work.

The reason segregation was bad was that blacks could use a white water fountain if they wanted to.

However, no one complains that there is a water fountain which is free for all to use, but so far only black people have used it. That's not preventing choice, it's just how the choices worked out.

There's nothing stopping heterosexual couples from getting married. They absolutely can. Allowing gay marriage won't decrease the number of heterosexual couples getting married at all.

Hell, a heterosexual can marry a homosexual if they choose. I don't think either will be particularly happy with the arrangement, but it's not my place to judge.

If THIS is all that's left of your argument, it's no wonder that the entire nation is coming over to the side of gay marriage SO QUICKLY.
Excellent rebuttal, N.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1014 Jul 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't seem to be a problem for him.
As long as he says it's OK then STFU.
GOD approves of this marriage. Let it be so.
Yeah... bigotry is always an ugly thing, is it not?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1015 Jul 29, 2013
Amused wrote:
... What's next? Will you give up your driver's license because gays can get a driver's license too?
Gay rights aren't like civil rights; gays have always passed and enjoyed every privilege of the majority. Gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else; I cite Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter as two examples.

Same sex marriage is ex post facto law for married gays. It would lead to divorce, family separation and child custody battles. Keep marriage one man and one woman for a more civil society.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#1016 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gay rights aren't like civil rights; gays have always passed and enjoyed every privilege of the majority. Gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else; I cite Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter as two examples.
Same sex marriage is ex post facto law for married gays. It would lead to divorce, family separation and child custody battles. Keep marriage one man and one woman for a more civil society.
Two problems with your argument:

First, this is an expansion of rights for ALL people, not just gays. They aren't getting any special rights that you aren't also enjoying.

Second, the premise that allowed gay marriage will lead to an increase in divorces needs to be quantified _and_ needs to be compared to the number of new marriages. Currently the divorce rate is basically 50/50. How much do you think gay marriage is really going to effect that?

If divorce is your primary issue, then you should be for legalizing gay marriage and make divorce illegal.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1017 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
It would lead to divorce, family separation and child custody battles.
Gee, cuz those NEVER happen, do they...?
Thinking

UK

#1018 Jul 29, 2013
Good choice. Going through a bit of a Margaux phase at present. Wanted to call my dog Margaux but that got vetoed.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
no, no, not even slightly
so...ah...erm...do you like red wine? Merlot is my favorite :)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1019 Jul 29, 2013
Segregated sex marriage isn't about freedom or equality, it's about special rights to redefine marriage because of a mascot victim group. If gays get to redefine marriage, what stops Muslims from doing the same?

Keep marriage one man and one woman because I don't want to practice Sharia.

Valley Village, CA

#1020 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Segregated sex marriage isn't about freedom or equality, it's about special rights to redefine marriage because of a mascot victim group. If gays get to redefine marriage, what stops Muslims from doing the same?
Who is getting special rights?
Gays don't have any right that you are not getting.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1022 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The unproven god from a human mental illness should never be used to justify opinions.
alongcameaschnei der

Leominster, MA

#1023 Jul 29, 2013
It is impossible to read Genesis as literal, much less scientific/documentary. That which is void and without form doesn't have depth. Without the objects (sun and moon) that produce light, light was "created" first?? The water of the Noachian flood covered unto the tops of the highest elevations (15 cubits)-- Everest is 29,000+ feet high: calculate the size of a cubit and then, using the "specs" given for the ark, the size it would have been. If 2 of each animal .. why, in an other verse 7 pairs of some ...but then back to two of all?
Creationist Literalism -- A Genesis-ian Heresy and Absolute Impossibility (that's a title too ...)

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#1024 Jul 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT drinking any f ing Merlot!!!
Ok, ok, calm down. backing away, backing away, backing away...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#1025 Jul 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Good choice. Going through a bit of a Margaux phase at present. Wanted to call my dog Margaux but that got vetoed.
<quoted text>
Nice!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1026 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gay rights aren't like civil rights;
Why not? All they want is the **same** rights as everyone else--

-- WITHOUT THE RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY ATTACHED.

Too much for you?

... hmmmmm...

Since: Jul 13

Lisbon, Portugal

#1027 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Ermmm...? Whaaaa...? What did I just read? Same sex marriage will lead to sharia law? Oh boy! I don't know if I ought to laugh or cry.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#1028 Jul 29, 2013
CH2O2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ermmm...? Whaaaa...? What did I just read? Same sex marriage will lead to sharia law? Oh boy! I don't know if I ought to laugh or cry.
At this point, it's fair to say that you are not in a discussion with someone rational.

Valley Village, CA

#1029 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
So, out of fear of a religion exerting it's undue influence on our culture you want to ban gays from getting married because that's...

exactly what would happen under Sharia law...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1030 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
That is part of Sharia Law you idjit!

<< 1 Corinthians 13 >>
New International Version
1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,b but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9F or we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#1031 Jul 29, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, out of fear of a religion exerting it's undue influence on our culture you want to ban gays from getting married because that's...
exactly what would happen under Sharia law...
That guy is no end of stupid. Oh well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John 3:16 1 hr superwilly 30
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Knowledge- 243,035
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr NoahLovesU 9,180
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 3 hr superwilly 16
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 3 hr NoahLovesU 6,167
Atheists have morals too! 6 hr Amused 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr Secret Admirer 19,741
More from around the web