Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 3,862

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Full Story

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#989 Jul 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^By this definition, there is no same sex marriage.
<quoted text>There's no copy of any pre21st century same sex marriage law in any nation or state.
Bet your own mother is just dancing a jig seeing you equate her with a bitch at a puppy mill. Your children must love that you think of their Mom the same way.

Married 25 years Brian? You're damn lucky she puts up with you.

Does our wife know you think of her as just a place to dump your sperm? Do your children know that as well?

Probably.

DNF

#990 Jul 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>There's no copy of any pre21st century same sex marriage law in any nation or state.
Did The Catholic Church
Ordain Gay Weddings?
http://rense.com/general50/cath.htm

Once again Brian G tells lies. The RRC blessed SS unions in the past. So did Protestant churches in the 20th century.

Give me your lecture about being honest again

PRETTY PLEASE!

LMAO!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#991 Jul 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is taboo.
Maybe in your specific religion.

And it's nice to see some honesty behind your veil of misdirection.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#992 Jul 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^By this definition, there is no same sex marriage.
It was pretty obvious you'd pull that one phrase out and ignore the very first sentence:

"marriage is defined by one or more of these six categories"

In academia, we call what you just did "intellectual dishonesty."

DNF

#993 Jul 28, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So was/is interacial marriage.
So was/is eating raw fish
So was/is "fast dancing" like Elvis did.
Something being taboo is not only not a reason to proclude it, it's actually a reason to bring it out of the shadows and dispell the taboo
You ever notice BrianG never speaks against smoking or happy hours!

He goes on and on claiming how unsafe SSM is. But he's fine with unlocked firearms, smoking, drinking, and many other vices.

I think I'll dub him BrianG the Pharisee!

DNF

#994 Jul 28, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaningless, as there are PLENTY of women today who have children outside of marriage and/or from donors they don't even know.
<quoted text>
LOL!
Try again.
ask him why he goes on and on about his "gender segregated marriage" BS and still supports divorce!

LMAO!

DNF

#995 Jul 28, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That's an hilarious response. So is love of money if I am not mistaken.
Take 15 BAZINGAS out of petty cash. You nailed him good.

Everytime I see a story about a church leaving it's denomination over homosexuality it always end up as a fight over money and property, not what Jesus taught in Matt.25:31-46

DNF

#996 Jul 28, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't anything in the Constitution of the United States about marriage at all. Perhaps the founders figured if two people wanted to be married to each other they didn't think the government should interfere. There you go Brian. You get an answer that applies equally to all and a reduction in government all built in. Your wallet gods can rest easy and you can open up a boutique and make a killing selling same sex marriage apparel to offset that alleged economic impact you have posited.
Truth be told marriage is covered in Amendments 9 and 10. Thing is the States Rights folks hope everyone ignore he fact they voluntarily joined the Union and agreed the Constitution is the Supreme Law (Article 6). Which blows the whole States Rights BS out of the water in many cases.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#997 Jul 28, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You ever notice BrianG never speaks against smoking or happy hours!
He goes on and on claiming how unsafe SSM is. But he's fine with unlocked firearms, smoking, drinking, and many other vices.
I think I'll dub him BrianG the Pharisee!
LOL!

Since: Jul 13

Lisbon, Portugal

#999 Jul 28, 2013
Brian_G would you please answer my questions in the post above? I would really like to understand your opinion.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1000 Jul 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone is having civil unions, hetero's, homo's and bis, ok, no worries. It's silly, immoral and immature to classify one sexuality's civil union as marriage and not another's.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't believe you.
<quoted text>
No worries, allowing same sex marriage would boost the economy.
<quoted text>
No idea, not familiar with the case or why it's relevant. Lots of heteros get divorced, sue each other, have dependents, whatever. Marriage itself still increases the economy.
<quoted text>
This is why, for you, it's an emotional thing. You, against all reason, believe that marriage is relegated to only opposite sex couples. You're mistaken.
I'm an anthropologist - my discipline is all about human culture. The definition of marriage, in anthropology, is inclusive. Cross culturally, as a human universal, marriage is defined by one or more of these six cateogries:
1. Establishes (Est.) the legal father of a woman’s children and the legal mother of a man’s
2. Give either or both spouses (GEOBS) a monopoly on the sexuality of the other
3. GEOBS rights to the labor of the other
4. GEOBS rights over the other’s property
5. Est. a joint fund of property – a partnership – for the benefit of the children
6. Est. a socially significant “relationship of affinity” between spouses and their relatives
Worldwide, cultures allow for the marriage of same sex couples in all kinds of different situations - some b/c genders are defined differently (males can be 'manly women,' females can be 'womanly men' in addition to the usual man/women), some as surrogates for the opposite sex husband/wife, some just as is - men-men, women-women.
So you can only be getting your definition of marriage from a culturally bound, probably specific religious view. Sorry, but that's not a human universal. Marriage isn't defined by your particular religion or your particular culture; marriage is a universal among human cultures.
If you believe your culture to be an enlightened one, then you have to move beyond societal prejudice. If you cannot do that, you're simply spouting yet another culturally bound discriminatory ideal, aimed at producing a "normal" majority though shared, imagined ideas of legitimacy based on marginalizing and restricting the lives the few.
I get a little wet when you start getting all Sciency.

Does that make me bad?

;-P

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1001 Jul 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
...Discrimination is evil. Period....
Same sex marriage means sex segregation marriage, where previously all marriage is sex integrated; diversity is better than the evils of segregation, disunity and separation. If you believe in good and evil, keep marriage gender diverse.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#1002 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage means sex segregation marriage, where previously all marriage is sex integrated; diversity is better than the evils of segregation, disunity and separation. If you believe in good and evil, keep marriage gender diverse.
This is a rather pathetic attempt to tie a tainted term to this issue in a way that just doesn't work.

The reason segregation was bad was that blacks could use a white water fountain if they wanted to.

However, no one complains that there is a water fountain which is free for all to use, but so far only black people have used it. That's not preventing choice, it's just how the choices worked out.

There's nothing stopping heterosexual couples from getting married. They absolutely can. Allowing gay marriage won't decrease the number of heterosexual couples getting married at all.

Hell, a heterosexual can marry a homosexual if they choose. I don't think either will be particularly happy with the arrangement, but it's not my place to judge.

If THIS is all that's left of your argument, it's no wonder that the entire nation is coming over to the side of gay marriage SO QUICKLY.

Location hidden

#1003 Jul 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
His problem would then be, 90% of the women of the world would unlikely be willing to suffer his presence, long enough to get married...
That doesn't seem to be a problem for him.

As long as he says it's OK then STFU.

GOD approves of this marriage. Let it be so.
Thinking

UK

#1004 Jul 29, 2013
Only if you unleash a global flood.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make me bad?
;-P

Location hidden

#1005 Jul 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Only if you unleash a global flood.
<quoted text>
Sorry about that last one.

It was Hiding's fault. She was going on and on about fossils.

Oh Hell.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#1006 Jul 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make me bad?
;-P
no, no, not even slightly
so...ah...erm...do you like red wine? Merlot is my favorite :)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#1007 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage means sex segregation marriage, where previously all marriage is sex integrated; diversity is better than the evils of segregation, disunity and separation. If you believe in good and evil, keep marriage gender diverse.
Exactly - allowing for diverse marriage types would be moral while increasing the economy.

It would immediately stop discrimination by the mainstream.

Good thinking! Glad you came around.
Amused

North Brookfield, MA

#1008 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is taboo.
That's just a way of saying you don't like it, even though you cannot articulate any reason for your position. At bottom, what you object to isn't gays entering into a contractual relationship, which is what marriage really is, but rather, an objection to gay sex. News flash: gay people have been having sex without marriage since the dawn of time. They will continue to do so whether or not marriage becomes an option where they live. In any event, why do you care? You don't have to participate, or even watch. Most sex, gay, straight or otherwise, takes place in private. It does not concern you. So, why do you obsess over it?
I'm not gay. I am married. I did not get married in order to join some exclusive club limited to "people just like me". My wife and I are too busy making a life together to have much time left over to worry about who else is getting married. The fact that gay couples may be joining the club of married people does not diminish the value of my marriage to me, or to society.
I am married to a person of another race. It was not that long ago that many people in this country would have decreed my marriage "taboo". Now, it is no big deal. The world did not end because people of different races married. No same-race marriages fell apart because interracial marriage was allowed. Our kids were not born with three heads. Nothing changed, except some couples gained the freedom to share their lives with the people they loved. No one was forced to marry someone of a different race. People who wanted to marry someone of the same race were still free to do so. Same thing will happen with gay marriage. No one will be forced to marry a person of the same gender. You will be as free to marry someone of the opposite sex as you were the day before gay marriage became legal. If you decide you don't want to be married anymore because gays can do it too, that's a problem with your head, not a problem with the institution of marriage. What's next? Will you give up your driver's license because gays can get a driver's license too?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#1009 Jul 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about that last one.
It was Hiding's fault. She was going on and on about fossils.
Oh Hell.
Hey, it's ok. Take an hour for yourself.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Uncle Sam 233,076
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 28 min thetruth 6
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 38 min thetruth 23,256
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 41 min thetruth 2,609
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 44 min thetruth 168
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 48 min thetruth 14
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr ChristineM 1,454
More from around the web